Back after nearly ten years....

allyquot

...to find my main account hacked. 

Rebuilding from a new account now and was wondering what has changed. I'm a huge avatar collector (had 250+avatars on my old account) and I've heard that some avatars are glitched and can't be obtained? (Like the Mynci Halloween one). Does anyone has a list of these glitched avatars so I know which ones not to go for? Thanks! Excited to get back into the Neopet way. 

Hi allyquot! Tough break to have your main account hacked...I don't suppose you kept a list of all your valuables (PBs , potions, expensive books or BD equipment, etc), but maybe you can submit a ticket and try to get it back anyway? 

As for a list of Avatars, TDN has such a list: http://thedailyneopets.com/neoavatars/solutions  and the Retired List: http://thedailyneopets.com/neoavatars/solutions/7/

Good luck and let us know how you are doing. You can NF me and ask for help anytime! Welcome!

I've had a ticket submitted for quite awhile now and I haven't heard anything. I think the problem is that there isn't an email associated with the account anymore, so I don't know how password retrieval is going to work. 

And yup, I'm keeping track of my avatars (I'm up to 172 after just one week!) on TDN, but I read that certain avatars were glitched (not retired) and couldn't be obtained anymore. I know of the Mynci -Halloween clickable one, and heard that the Bildge Dice ones were also broken? :(

Oh you're right -Bilge Dice and AAA's Revenge do have glitches :crying_anim:  Umm, maybe some of our more experienced TDN Buddies will be able to tell you more avatars that aren't currently working? Guys, a little help please:rolleyes:!

Thanks!

Is it just me or are people way nicer and more chill now than they were 10 years ago? I've already had several people welcome me and send me stuff out of the blue, got lent a bunch of items (including BGC and MSPP!) for zero collat, and noticed that the Neoboards are a lot slower than I remember. I guess all of us who were playing 10 years ago are adults now? :P

1 hour ago, allyquot said:

Thanks!

Is it just me or are people way nicer and more chill now than they were 10 years ago? I've already had several people welcome me and send me stuff out of the blue, got lent a bunch of items (including BGC and MSPP!) for zero collat, and noticed that the Neoboards are a lot slower than I remember. I guess all of us who were playing 10 years ago are adults now? :P

I think that is why! 
The age of the stupidity is no longer here ahah
Sorry to hear about your account, it must be tough to rebuild everything all over again.
You already have Warrior avatar :O Congrats! 

If you're an avatar collector you can use TDN feature to show off your avatar count number HERE :) 

Welcome and sorry to hear the news about your previous account. My account was hacked about 10 years ago and I stopped playing for several years afterwards because I was upset. At the time I didn't know about tickets or what have you so I started from scratch when I returned 4 or 5 years later. I must say though - I enjoy neo much more now than I did the first time around and I think you hit the nail on the head - a lot of the players have grown up and are just nicer to one another! Anyway, glad to hear you are back :)

Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your old account, but that is super impressive how you already have so many avatars! I've been playing on and off for 16 years, I'm gonna be 30 in a month! There are definitely more adults that play now then back in the day, and I think you're right, everyone is so nice now! Good luck with obtaining more avatars! :D

Hi, Allyquot! Sorry to hear about your account. This is my first one. Most of us have been hacked at one time or another, so don't feel too bad. A friend of mine has been hacked twice. She got her account back both times. I can help you with one of the avatars. KanaKougra, an IRL friend of mine, has a Disco Aisha named Secret60. That should get you the Disco Aisha avatar. :)

Feel free to neofriend me!

Thanks! I actually have all the clickable avatars already, as well as many of the item-related ones! I'm just waiting for my account to be old enough so I can start participating in some of the pet lending chains to get the pet/petpet specific ones. In the meantime, I'm trying to get better at games (I'm terrible at games) to get some of those avatars. 

Welcome back, I'm sorry about what happened to you. I got hacked too, and made a new account, stopped playing for 7 years after that, and recently came back. I hope that you have a good time here, and that you have all the answers that you need to get adapted again to the game <3

Sorry to hear about your account! :( There's a few accounts that I've made over the years that I can't remember the password or email for, and I know that I had some pretty good items and a nice chunk of NP too.   It sucks :( Hopefully you can get your avatar count up near where it was from your old account! Good luck!

On 4/17/2017 at 7:05 AM, allyquot said:

...to find my main account hacked. 

Rebuilding from a new account now and was wondering what has changed. I'm a huge avatar collector (had 250+avatars on my old account) and I've heard that some avatars are glitched and can't be obtained? (Like the Mynci Halloween one). Does anyone has a list of these glitched avatars so I know which ones not to go for? Thanks! Excited to get back into the Neopet way. 

Hi, and welcome back!  I would say, the only positive thing about your account being hacked, if there is a positive of being hacked, is that during your 10 yr absence, your account may have been deleted otherwise. But since it was being use, it was kept active. You may or may not have your items available to you, heck, you may have even more (if the person has been playing with the account for a few yrs thinking it is fine).  A lot of accounts that were inactive for a while were purged/deleted.  I was very lucky myself.  I logged in just enough to keep that from happening to mine and I came back for good right at the time they were doing the big purge.  Now, for the avatars, I know attack of the slorgs is also glitched.  Good luck rebuilding your new account.  It will be great before you know it.  Don't forget to do Trudy's surprise everyday.  You will build up your bank account quite quickly. You will get a neomail each day it resets.

On 4/17/2017 at 9:20 AM, allyquot said:

Thanks!

I think you are exactly right! :D Glad to see that this community is helping you out. Hopefully you will be able to develop your new account to a point where it is somewhat comparable to what you've lost. JS has been horrible with the ticket system, so it really is unfortunate to have to try to get your account back with the thousands of others who have yet to have their tickets responded to. 

Hey there, and welcome back!  That's really too bad that your account got hacked, but I'm happy to hear that you've been building your account up fairly quickly. :)

On 4/21/2017 at 6:32 PM, rntracy1 said:

Don't forget to do Trudy's surprise everyday.  You will build up your bank account quite quickly. You will get a neomail each day it resets.

Yes!  If you're looking for ways to acquire NP, play Trudy's Surprise every day.  The amount of money you receive from it accumulates each day.  Don't forget to do dailies!  You can sell a lot of the items you get from them.  Also, once you have enough money saved up, play the Stock Market.  There are risks associated with it (although stocks almost NEVER go bankrupt), but if you're patient, it should reap much bigger rewards than you'll ever get from your bank interest.  Play games!  I know, I'm super bad at them, but the more you play, the better you'll get.  If you want some NP-earning guides, here's a good one: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=50k_a_day  Jellyneo's Dailies and Wishlists are also a good way to do dailies and let other players know what you would like.  (There are some awesome players out there who just gift random people items.)  If you get into the Stock Market, this guide is really good: http://www.neopets.com/~SilverCyanide2

And here are a bunch of really good Neopets sites to check out for guides, FAQs, and other things: http://www.neopets.com/~neo____zafarahttp://www.jellyneo.net/index.phphttp://www.sunnyneo.com/, and http://www.thedailyneopets.com/ (of course, you already know about that last one :)).  Good luck, and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to Neofriend and/or Neomail me!