Happy Krawk Day!

hrtbrk

13 hours ago, Angeló said:

wow this is the most boring color ever !

Don't mince your words Angeló , tell us how you really feel! :laugh:

You're right though, clay is just an incredibly dull shade. The colour is nice, but as a pet it's basically going to mean contacts are an absolute must to try and add some depth to things, but the shading is so one dimensional that I'm not sure a good end result's ever going to be that achievable. Hmm, looking on Neocolours there's a clay draik, let's do an experiment...

I have a draik, let's compare her with the exact same look in clay.

L53uYJm.png tWd2YSF.png

Yeah, you see how the clay looks unfinished, like they've not completed shading it yet. Notice how the eyes and earring in particular seem to jump out at you. A lot of that is because as well as not having the overall shading depth of other colours, the clay lacks a clearly defined outline because the colours used for that aren't dark enough. The combination of those two things gives you a double-whammy of flat dullness, lol.

I guess the issue here is that clay just wasn't a good concept as a pet colour? Because let's face it, clay is a dull thing. Sorry not sorry, clay :laugh:  I'm sure good customisation can be achieved, something Tyrannian maybe? Nothing with too much colour/detail to unfairly emphasise the drabness of the pet - no need to give it a complex - and while part of me (an admittedly pretty teeny part) kind of likes the idea of the challenge of making clay work, it would only be to play about with it on DTI, I'd never actively yearn for a clay pet. But I'd be interested to see what other people's imagination could create with them.

Wow, I rambled on here. :blush02:  :laugh: Congrats anyone who read all of that!

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:
12 hours ago, Angeló said:

wow this is the most boring color ever !

Don't mince your words Angeló , tell us how you really feel! :laugh:

ROFL!

But yeah, I have to agree... I actually wouldn't mind Clay if they had released a second colour to go with it - preferably something more interesting like Marble or Candy, as ladycanary mentioned. But as a single release, it's absolutely boring.

At least the outfit is somewhat interesting:

krawk-outfit-feline.jpg

When I first saw the items on DTI I was like YESSS GIMME THAT JULIE NEWMAR REALNESS, but after I saw them on the Krawk I was a bit disappointed. First of all, I'm not a big fan of the species so I kind of wish they would have done this outfit for a different one, but that's neither here nor there. The biggest issue is THAT EYE MASK, which doesn't look like it was designed for the Krawk at all. I feel like whoever came up with the outfit idea sort of forgot that Krawks only show one eye, and only realised this when they were about to draw it. They were probably like "well, now I have to make it work somehow". And it didn't :sad: I'm not too happy with the wig either, I don't like how the Krawk's spikes aren't hidden and the shading is slightly confusing (and it's a bit too blonde, but now I'm just nitpicking). With all that said, I still appreciate them doing an oldschool Catwoman outfit, it was a nice surprise even if it isn't perfect.

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

I feel like whoever came up with the outfit idea sort of forgot that Krawks only show one eye, and only realised this when they were about to draw it. They were probably like "well, now I have to make it work somehow". And it didn't :sad:

Yeah the mask is a mess, isn't it. From the thumbnail it looks like they tried for perspective, but when it's equipped it just ends up with it looking like it's 3 times smaller on one side. Why did they draw it so ALL of the side that should be mainly hidden is showing!

Quick and dirty edit:9yF0HtN.png

Even with that needless back edge removed so the 2 sides are the same size it still looks stupid, the rear eye hole's way too high, urgh. :sad: Ah well, but as you say, props to them for a potentially cool outfit, I suppose...but isn't it just the pits when the execution of an item turns something that SHOULD have been super-cool into something that's a total disappointment...

*tosses mask out of nearest window*

In case someone really likes the outfit but hates that dreadful eye mask, I think I have a solution... Use this instead:

Mall_spyderweb_mask
Spyder Web Mask

It's an NC item, and not exactly cheap, but it's still an option.

Before and After:

krawk-outfit-feline.jpgcatwomanimproved.png

PS: I'd also like to note that when you try on the wig, the spikes do disappear. I stand corrected.

Oh! Now look, you posting that has pointed out another fault with that pants eye gear, LOL, it goes OVER the hair! That looks dumb, that NC one looks a billion times better!

*pokes in DTI*

Not many options at all for super hero-y stuff, is there? Especially not for NP only.

*gets totally side-tracked trying to creating SuperKrawk* :ph34r::laugh:

46 minutes ago, hrtbrk said:

super underwhelming when it could have been something amazing.

Doesn't that unfortunately encapsulate a whole lot of TNT these days. :sad: