Shockwave games issue

tenacioustears

Alright,I'm sure this has come up in the past but I've been trying all night and am getting incredibly frustrated. Do the shockwave games (Attack of the slorgs, dice escape... etc.) just not work anymore? I usually use chrome then read shockwave isn't compatible so then I downloaded internet explorer 32 bit since my operating system is Windows 10 64 bit, downloaded shockwave on there but when I go to play a game it still says that schockwave isn't installed. I've been banging my head against the desk all night and googling for an answer but I've come up short. Anyone have any solutions? I don't like having 3 avatars that I'm unable to get because I can't even access the games

I had used Firefox for years on Neopets and still do on most sites. However, I eventually switched to Chrome for Neopets. It took care of some issues I was having with Firefox and flash games not working properly. I haven't played those individual games you mentioned, but I suggest trying them with Chrome, despite what it says. I believe Chrome updates automatically from Flash, which may explain why it works better now for me. For example, the Expellibox is much quicker now. It was very sluggish with Firefox. But you may find some games play better with Firefox than Chrome. I know you mentioned Shockwave, not Flash, but I believe they are both helped by using Chrome.

Shockwave games won't work with chrome past version 44 which was released in late 2015 because they had stopped support. And chrome will not let you downgrade (for security risks reasons). So it will not matter what you try in chrome, you will never succeed past version 44.

and using the current updates for web browsers, it is difficult to get the games fully working. Firefox and IE are the only ones that I have had success in but I cannot send scores due to compatibility issues.

Here are some ways I have tried to get the games as functional as possible and able to send scores:

*try the Opera web browser ( This works most of the time, may need to reset the games a few times)

*download an older version of safari for windows (5.1.7). Apple does not make safari for windows anymore so downloading this old version works. However, if you use this option, it is a huge security risk for your computer if it is not a virtual machine you are attempting on, download it, install Adblock immediately and use for shockwave games only to stay as safe as possible. But there is always risk involved while using an outdated so be advised and cautious.

*Use a virtual machine for Windows Xp, vista (it may work with 7 but haven't tried it). It forces you to download an older version of the web browsers that have better support for shockwave. 

*creating (internet explorer) tabs of the games in chrome ( others had success with this trick but I have not)

Unfortunately you need workarounds these days because of the old and outdated technology. And even then, Hannah and the pirate caves and Gormet Club Bowls and have an unremovalable black box in the top left corner. It frustrates me so much! But I have managed to get the avvie for HATPC with that stupid black box, so they are playable. The other games will sometimes crash but most of the time will work fine.

17 hours ago, tenacioustears said:

Alright,I'm sure this has come up in the past but I've been trying all night and am getting incredibly frustrated. Do the shockwave games (Attack of the slorgs, dice escape... etc.) just not work anymore? I usually use chrome then read shockwave isn't compatible so then I downloaded internet explorer 32 bit since my operating system is Windows 10 64 bit, downloaded shockwave on there but when I go to play a game it still says that schockwave isn't installed. I've been banging my head against the desk all night and googling for an answer but I've come up short. Anyone have any solutions? I don't like having 3 avatars that I'm unable to get because I can't even access the games

Internet Explorer 11 is installed with Windows 10. However, on a 64-bit system, it is kinda strange.  It is basically in "32-bit" mode, unless you "Enabled Protected Mode" on IE 11's Internet Options, Security tab, and "Enabled Enhanced Protected Mode", on IE 11's Internet Options, Advanced tab. Only then will it be "64-bit". But, in order to use Shockwave on Neopets, you must add (without the quotes) "neopets.com" to IE 11's "Compatibility View Settings. To do so, go to neopets.com in IE. Once there, click "Tools" (gear/cog looking icon, top, right corner of IE), then select "Compatibility View settings". In the window that opens, you should see "neopets.com" in the "Add this website:" text field. Click the "Add" button. In the "Websites you've added to Compatibility View:" box, you should now see "neopets.com" listed. Click "Close". The "neoepts.com" page should refresh. Now try the Shockwave games and you should get the "you don't have the latest plugin" (Sad Usul) message.

Personally, I use what @smoss1 mentioned - the last version of Safari for Windows. It works the best, for me, as most of the Shockwave games work without freezing. (I have experienced Shockwave games freezing up, with IE 11). I also understand the security risks.

Shockwave may not work with Opera, as it is a "chromium" based web browser, meaning it uses Chrome. Since Chrome no longer supports the Shockwave plugin, "chromium" browsers may not be able to, either, especially if you download the latest Opera version.

The last thing smoss1 mentioned, is using an extension called "IE Tab" with Chrome. "IE Tab" allows you to open new tabs within Chrome, but it displays the tabbed pages using the "IE engine". The "IE engine" is what IE uses to display web pages. By using "IE Tab", it allows plugins, like Shockwave, to work within Chrome. When using "IE Tab", make sure you login to Neopets on the IE Tabbed page. If you don't, and play a Shockwave game, your score may not post, as the game thinks you are not logged into Neopets, even if you are logged into Neopets on a "normal" Chrome tab. Also, make sure you add "neoepts.com" to IE 11's "Compatibility View Settings", as I mentioned above, for the same reasons as above (Sad Usul message). "IE Tab" only works on Windows PC - not Macs. Macs do not have IE 11 installed and Windows stopped making IE for Macs a long time ago. Also, please note, you could experience Shockwave game freezing issues, with "IE Tab", as with using IE 11.

And, there is no way to get rid of the "black box" smoss1 mentioned. Neopets Shockwave games that have it are Castle Battles, Gourmet Club Bowls, and Hannah and the Pirate Caves. The last two are avatar games, as I'm sure you know.

Good luck!