Tax Beast

babayaga67

It's from having him steal lots of dough from you, I think?

So...congrats? I guess :laugh:

I like (the previous) TNT's twisted humour, giving someone a trophy for having more NP stolen than nearly everyone else is just their kind of sass.

I have a Third Place at Tax Beast Trophy as well. I just did some searching, and found this old thread about it. Yes, apparently on some day in the past, each of us got robbed enough to merit this distinguished honor. o_O One more reason to bank your NP as quickly as possible. (This is a case where winning Gold means losing a lot more gold!) I usually keep less than 20,000 NP on hand at any time, partly because of this and similar random events that steal NP.

Okay. I didn't notice that I had money stolen, because I haven't really paid attention since Trudy's last reset for me. I didn't think that I had that much out of my bank. Oops. Well, that does make a whopping fifth trophy for me.

Now I just want a first place trophy. Is that possible? Is there a first place tax beast trophy? I know that it isn't something that I should aim for because who wants to have their money disappear? Though, why would you want your petpet to be eaten?

1 hour ago, babayaga67 said:

Okay. I didn't notice that I had money stolen, because I haven't really paid attention since Trudy's last reset for me. I didn't think that I had that much out of my bank. Oops. Well, that does make a whopping fifth trophy for me.

Now I just want a first place trophy. Is that possible? Is there a first place tax beast trophy? I know that it isn't something that I should aim for because who wants to have their money disappear? Though, why would you want your petpet to be eaten?

You can get a first place trophy for Tax Beast. And, there is an "Angry Tax Beast" and trophy, too. Both are REs (Random Events). The Tax Beast takes 10% of your on-hand NP and the Angry Tax Beast takes 25%. Anything in the bank is safe/not taxed. I have heard of people keeping large amounts of NP on hand, just to get the trophy.

Looking at TrophyTracker (www.neopets.com/~TrophyTracker), the amount on 17 Apr 2017 for first place trophy was 389,948, second place was 257,252, and third place was 162,297, for the Tax Beast trophies.

Congratz on the trophy!?

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I have heard of people keeping large amounts of NP on hand, just to get the trophy.

I can totally see myself doing this one day, it's just the kind of to-hell-with-it! lack of impulse control thing that my brain makes me do. :laugh:

But if it netted me a trophy it would totally be worthwhile. :D

Several years ago I had 20% of my NP taken (while carrying over a million - I learned the hard way never to carry more than 20k), but I'm now thinking (after looking up old random events) that that was probably Dr. Sloth's doing, not the Tax Beast, because I lost a ton of NP, but don't even have a trophy to show for it. XD

Edit: I just found out that one gives out trophies too. My "high score" is 234,179 points, which would currently be enough for a 3rd place trophy, but I guess there were many unlucky Neopians that day. XD

11 hours ago, Nielo said:

My "high score" is 234,179 points, which would currently be enough for a 3rd place trophy, but I guess there were many unlucky Neopians that day. XD

Ooh! *scuttles off to check own scores*

Would never have thought of doing this!

OH! The high scores page has been fancified?! That's...a pretty recent thing? That's nice, I guess...but...totally unnecessary? It wasn't broken, it didn't need pictures adding...

WHY DO WEBSITES DO THIS!

Jumpstart: Oh hey, let's waste some time and money getting someone to update a page that totally doesn't need it rather than, I dunno, fixing the games that no longer work because browsers are stopping supporting Flash. Yep, that's a good idea, making someone's high scores page shiny is WAY more important!

:angry:

Anyways...I don't have a high score for either, lol. So I guess my habit of rarely keeping any NP on hand has thwarted those guys efforts so far. :angel: 

I really don't like the scores page now D: it's so much harder to find games because of the way they've laid it out in loads of short horizontal rows instead of 3 vertical.

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ooh! *scuttles off to check own scores*

Would never have thought of doing this!

OH! The high scores page has been fancified?! That's...a pretty recent thing? That's nice, I guess...but...totally unnecessary? It wasn't broken, it didn't need pictures adding...

WHY DO WEBSITES DO THIS!

Jumpstart: Oh hey, let's waste some time and money getting someone to update a page that totally doesn't need it rather than, I dunno, fixing the games that no longer work because browsers are stopping supporting Flash. Yep, that's a good idea, making someone's high scores page shiny is WAY more important!

:angry:

Anyways...I don't have a high score for either, lol. So I guess my habit of rarely keeping any NP on hand has thwarted those guys efforts so far. :angel: 

I really don't like the scores page now D: it's so much harder to find games because of the way they've laid it out in loads of short horizontal rows instead of 3 vertical.

I'm not sure when they changed it, I don't check it often, but I don't really remember what it looked like before... Anyway, don't know if you're familiar with the short cut for the search function (not Neopets' search function, just the generic one): but you can just press the Ctrl and F keys and type in a keyword. Makes it easier to find a specific game. (Works on websites/Word documents/etc.)

2 minutes ago, Nielo said:

I'm not sure when they changed it, I don't check it often, but I don't really remember what it looked like before... Anyway, don't know if you're familiar with the short cut for the search function (not Neopets' search function, just the generic one): but you can just press the Ctrl and F keys and type in a keyword. Makes it easier to find a specific game. (Works on websites/Word documents/etc.)

Yeah that's what I had to do to try to find the ones I wanted. :nod_yes:

I'm wondering now if I'm not just confusing myself and it's always been like that, and I'm mixing it up with the qualifying games page for the GMC...

Oh wait no! I know what's happened here! When I've checked my scores before it's been though the games count on my profile, which shows a far cleaner and easier to read list. Light dawns! So maybe it has always been that super-busy list if you go through the games room to look at your scores.

Not gonna apologise to JS for misjudging them though, nope! :laugh: