Happy Lutari Day!

hrtbrk

2 minutes ago, d_artemiss said:

ooh so pretty. how do I paint my lutari pastel?

You can either buy a Pastel Paint Brush or if you're lucky enough to get acess to the Rainbow Fountain you can paint it for "free" there.

1 minute ago, Yuiina said:

You can either buy a Pastel Paint Brush or if you're lucky enough to get acess to the Rainbow Fountain you can paint it for "free" there.

I thought so, I just can't find any paint brushes for sale..

1 hour ago, d_artemiss said:

I thought so, I just can't find any paint brushes for sale..

http://www.neopets.com/island/tradingpost.phtml?type=browse&criteria=item_exact&sort_by=newest&search_string=Pastel+Paint+Brush

There is one for 4mil now (yes they are a bit expensive :P)

48 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i like it .. but i'm not really crazy about the nose color .. should've been more subtle

i don't understand stuff like shading etc , i'll leave it to the experts :)

I don't like the nose either, I was waiting for the post to be updated with the outfits and/or other colors to comment but no new things yet :) 

I...almost like this. :bigeyed:

Not something you tend to hear from me about new pets. :laugh:

I am NOT keen on the pastel pets. NOT. AT. ALL.

I'm not just being my typically picky self though (honest!) I have a legit reason. xD Take a look at them on Neocolours that page makes me squint because they all look like...you know how pictures on a lot of blogs go all indistinct if you mouse over them? That's what the pastel pets look like to me, like they're under some kind of filter, the lutari doesn't look quite so washed out as a lot of the others because of the darker green parts.

Having said that...I don't like the yellow bits, nor the two tones of green together, and the pink's getting too close to lilac for my taste...

What was it about this that I almost liked? :laugh:

NOT trying to be always negative when it comes to pet colours but,

Is this going to be a new trend now with TNT? One Subpar colour and an outfit that is just ..... ?

I remembered the good old times with 2 colours

At least if one of the colours was meh, the other would be something to talk about.

What is up with the design team nowadays?

Don't get me started on the past 3 years of USUL DAY.

#stilllookingforjusticeonusuls

211691_original.gif

(Btw the Lutari looks average, i'm basically ranting on the Clay colour released previously)

1 hour ago, Solandres said:

What is up with the design team nowadays?

You know the answer to that really, don't you, we all do...JS sacked them all. :sad:

And so we get handed a big bland bowl of mediocrity nearly every pet day, served up with a large side of amateurism, because the truly talented people are working elsewhere these days.

28 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

You know the answer to that really, don't you, we all do...JS sacked them all. :sad:

And so we get handed a big bland bowl of mediocrity nearly every pet day, served up with a large side of amateurism, because the truly talented people are working elsewhere these days.

I'm still not over that personally.

All i can say now to the new team though,

tumblr_nye2b3Yc2L1tz6qxho1_250.gif

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I am NOT keen on the pastel pets. NOT. AT. ALL.

I'm not just being my typically picky self though (honest!) I have a legit reason. xD Take a look at them on Neocolours that page makes me squint because they all look like...you know how pictures on a lot of blogs go all indistinct if you mouse over them? That's what the pastel pets look like to me, like they're under some kind of filter, the lutari doesn't look quite so washed out as a lot of the others because of the darker green parts.

Having said that...I don't like the yellow bits, nor the two tones of green together, and the pink's getting too close to lilac for my taste...

I sort of agree that Pastel pets often tend to be too washed out, but I still like the paintbrush colour in general. My favourite Pastel pet is the Zafara (in fact it's one of my dream pets), because I think there's a perfect balance in softness and contrast, as well as a harmonious colour palette. 

4.png

I wish this were the standard for Pastel pets, but like I said, I still like the others (with a few exceptions - I'm looking mainly at the Ruki and Aisha :shiftyeyes_anim:). I think the Lutari looks nice, and I actually like the combination of the greens and the yellow. It's the pink I'm not so sure about...

3 hours ago, Solandres said:

Don't get me started on the past 3 years of USUL DAY.

#stilllookingforjusticeonusuls

Excuse me for getting you started :P
What were all the colours? I remember there was Wraith, and I was personally really happy with that one. I was never a big fan of either Usuls or the Wraith colour, but once I saw this particular combination I just had to get it, I love how they made it look like the Shadow Usul!

43 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

My favourite Pastel pet is the Zafara (in fact it's one of my dream pets), because I think there's a perfect balance in softness and contrast, as well as a harmonious colour palette.

The zafara was one that really stood out to me on the Neocolours page actually, as one that didn't look all faint and faded. :nod_yes:

I still like the others (with a few exceptions - I'm looking mainly at the Ruki

I like the Ruki :laugh:

There's one thing to say for all of us who grouch about various pet colours. While a lot of people might not like a particular colour, the specific thing  that we dislike about it is often not the same thing at all. xD

The Pastel Draik is really nice too. But this Lutari is way too loud and more neon then a pastel. Not impressed!

18 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Excuse me for getting you started :P
What were all the colours? I remember there was Wraith, and I was personally really happy with that one. I was never a big fan of either Usuls or the Wraith colour, but once I saw this particular combination I just had to get it, I love how they made it look like the Shadow Usul!

mariah-carey-side-eye.gif

Okay i might have pushed it a little on the 3 years thing.

But darling, the atrocity for the previous 2 years?

NOT only did TNT delay on my beloved species special day, they gave an excuse that the art team is working super hard on a special design for Usuls & Xweetok.

What did my beloved Usul get?

usul-dimensional.jpg

An ABOMINATION.

What new clothes did she get to wear that year?

usul-outfit-beach.jpg

Snowager's Vomit.

If i recalled correctly, there were 2 new colours released on this year. Elderly & Pastel. [And of course the long awaited Stealth]

But what did TNT release for these wonderful creatures?

https://images.neopets.com/items/usul-clay.jpg

https://images.neopets.com/items/usul-custard.jpg

Sewage & Variant Snot.

4481351_orig.gif

I rest my case sweetheart, let me cry in the corner now

I kinda like this.  I don't particularly like Lutaris, so this softer look works for me.  And I happen to love pink and green together.  A long time ago, when I was about 15, my favourite t-shirt was green with pink writing on it.  I also like the outfit.  I really like things that look like national costumes, and this has that appearance.