Side Account Guild Shops

Musical_Shoyru

Hey all! I just wanted to quickly clarify something BEFORE I accidentally broke a rule. From my understanding you are allowed to have a shop on a side account ONLY if it's dedicated to a guild correct? For example, a guild donation shop would be okay on a side account? I know the rule is you are not supposed to make neopets on a side account, but I thought I read somewhere that this was alright in the case of the guild.

My other question is if this is alright would it be okay for me to transfer the neopoints from that account to my main to buy the item or does it have to be bought from the side account and given by the side account?

The situation in question is my guild's Fountain of Kindness feature in which we give out items requested by members in the guild. A large part of our revenue comes from the shop that is currently on my main, I take the NP's out of there and buy the item's that our guild member's have requested or reimburse the council members that bought a specific item. So I'm wondering if that would be okay? Just want to clarify every aspect before going and possibly switching a donation shop to a side account. Thank you!

I googled & found a couple articles with links to NT editorial questions. Here's what I found:

Dear TNT, I'm really puzzled about this situation, especially after getting a warning about my guild. You have said that donation shops are acceptable. But what role do donations have in a guild if prizes and contest are not allowed? ~inervel

Ahh, the million NP question. We think we answered a long time ago that yes, donation shops are fine, though why you would need one is beyond us (for exactly the reasons you mentioned). The only thing we could think of was, perhaps, donations towards a Noticeboard or something? If you can think of something else that donations can be used for that doesn't break the rules, have fun!

http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=editorialdb&query=4911&type=id

A guild account can have a shop even if it is on a side account. Note that this is the only time a sole user is allowed to have more than one account with a shop! The account must belong to the guild leader:

Having a guild account as your leader is fine, but that account may only be accessed by the actual guild leader. Guild accounts, like all other accounts, CANNOT be shared. [NT]

You CAN sell items for guild purposes in a clearly labeled guild account. This is the only time you can have a second shop, and only one of your alternate accounts can be used for this purpose.

You can find the full article here: http://www.sunnyneo.com/sideaccounts.php

See I'm hoping it will be okay to have one on my side based off this stuff that I found similar to what you've brought to me. My only concern is I'm hoping because the guild is on my main and NOT my side it can still be considered the Guild Account. 

1 hour ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

See I'm hoping it will be okay to have one on my side based off this stuff that I found similar to what you've brought to me. My only concern is I'm hoping because the guild is on my main and NOT my side it can still be considered the Guild Account. 

I found this Neopian Times Editorial article, searching thru JN's "Editorial Database":

Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 229, 23rd day of Awakening, Y8, Question 6:

"Hey, TNT you know the rule that you can only have one shop out of all 5 accounts except for guild accounts. I used to have another main with a shop then I changed my main to another account with a shop, then on another account I was in charge of a brief guild that lasted not very long (2 days) . So I have a shop on it! I only use the one on my main. *cries* Will I get frozen? ~ law_jj2"

"No no! Not at all. What we don't want players doing is USING more than one shop to make a profit. Simply having a shop is just fine, so don't worry at all! To clarify:

- You CAN have one main shop that you use to sell things and this shop MUST be on your main account.

- You CAN have shops on your other accounts (created in the past, leftover from moving to a new main account, etc.) but these shops must NOT be active... meaning you can't use them at all.

- You CAN sell items for guild purposes in a clearly labeled guild account. This is the only time you can have a second shop, and only one of your alternate accounts can be used for this purpose."

IMHO, the last sentence makes it appear that only a side account can be used for guild purposes and must be labeled as such. At least, that is how I view it. I'd just hate to see your account, or anyone else's, for that matter, get frozen because of this. What do you think?

I'm concerned about how it says you can't use a shop on a side account AT ALL.

See when I was kad feeding I stored my kad food in my shop, as you can bulk remove shop stock so it was miles easier than putting stuff away in my SDB. But according to that editorial, even doing that on a side account would be frowned upon?

I totally understand that it's a whole lot easier for TNT to have a very cut and dried ruling about this: Use solely your main's shop and don't even breathe in the direction of any other, RAWR! But if a side's shop contains unpriced items I don't see why that would be a problem. :eh: Though I'm not suggesting someone does that and risks the wrath of the account freezer. :ph34r:

On 4/24/2017 at 6:07 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

I found this Neopian Times Editorial article, searching thru JN's "Editorial Database":

Neopian Times Editorial, Issue: 229, 23rd day of Awakening, Y8, Question 6:

"Hey, TNT you know the rule that you can only have one shop out of all 5 accounts except for guild accounts. I used to have another main with a shop then I changed my main to another account with a shop, then on another account I was in charge of a brief guild that lasted not very long (2 days) . So I have a shop on it! I only use the one on my main. *cries* Will I get frozen? ~ law_jj2"

"No no! Not at all. What we don't want players doing is USING more than one shop to make a profit. Simply having a shop is just fine, so don't worry at all! To clarify:

- You CAN have one main shop that you use to sell things and this shop MUST be on your main account.

- You CAN have shops on your other accounts (created in the past, leftover from moving to a new main account, etc.) but these shops must NOT be active... meaning you can't use them at all.

- You CAN sell items for guild purposes in a clearly labeled guild account. This is the only time you can have a second shop, and only one of your alternate accounts can be used for this purpose."

IMHO, the last sentence makes it appear that only a side account can be used for guild purposes and must be labeled as such. At least, that is how I view it. I'd just hate to see your account, or anyone else's, for that matter, get frozen because of this. What do you think?

That's what I'm wondering too. Do I have to do EVERYTHING guild-wise on that account? I mean it's possible to make my side account the leader and label that the "Guild Account", but I'm wondering if that even matters as long as the side is labeled a Guild Account. I can also transfer NP from my main to my side to buy things if that's an issue and send them from my side. I just would rather not change my side to the leader because of the fact that I already have my main's username established as the leader for since December.... I did send an e-mail to TNT's customer support to make sure, asking the similar question... yet to hear a response.... IF I even get one.

Try sending in your question(s) to the Editorial. You'll probably get a faster response through there then waiting on a ticket/email.

Thanks! That was my next place to go too. I just try to stay away from there cause I don't like how they sarcastically answer people or give vague answers lol