Ever Wish Those Books Were Real?

DesertRose

I've gotten a few interesting books from Kiko Pop lately (My newest one is How I Lost Me Leg), and I often find myself wishing that some of these books were real. Cybunny Down is another one I'd love to read if it were a real book. I'm sure it's a Neopian take on Watership Down though. Truth be told, I'd settle for an e-reader format. Does anyone else share my sentiment?

I never really thought about it that way, however I do wish they REALLY WORKED on the pets.  For example, How to be a cheat champion, Secrets of the money tree, or Maths nightmare tips.  When I first started neopets (and I wasn't a child- lol) I really thought that reading the books would make my pets better at those things.  LMAO.

Yeah, I thought that too and was really confused that my pets weren't any better at BD (battling at Battle Dome) even if they read all the strategy/battle tips/ battle faerie or space faerie books! LOL :laughingsmiley: Silly owner, training is for Pets and books are for owners to wish for but never read! :glasses02:

I absolutely :heart: the Art books-the covers! Jetsam/Quiggle/Buzz but the Corn one -not so much. 

I don't think I ever specifically wanted to read any of the books, but I like to admire the different covers, titles and descriptions.

Some are quite creative...
Greyed ExpectationsProof of Jelly Worlds ExistenceThat Is Like Such A Boring BookThe Ultimate Drum Practice BookBass Line Fun
- Greyed ExpectationsFor the more cynical Neopets out there.
- Proof of Jelly Worlds ExistenceSome people claim this is irrefutable proof.
- That Is Like Such A Boring BookWell, read it anyway!
- The Ultimate Drum Practice Book - Not only does this book contain lessons and rudiments, it also has a built-in drum pad so you can practice without waking your neighbors.
- Bass Line Fun - There's nothing special about the title or the description, but I think the shape is awesome. 

And these are kinda funny too...
- The Irony of IronThe irony is that this book isnt made of iron.
- Something PretentiousWe are sure your Neopet will never read this book but judging by the cover it contains something profound.
- Tales from the Left Wing - The left wing tales are much more interesting than those of the right wing! (I'm not sure if this was meant to be political, but I can't help lol'ing at this)

Oh yeah - I`ve often wished that the books actually existed! There are a couple of books about sad, lonely Elephantes and I badly want them to have a happy ending ...

There`s some fab artwork gone into a lot of the covers too, wouldn`t it be great if books were really like that  :D

6 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Yeah, I thought that too and was really confused that my pets weren't any better at BD (battling at Battle Dome) even if they read all the strategy/battle tips/ battle faerie or space faerie books! LOL :laughingsmiley: Silly owner, training is for Pets and books are for owners to wish for but never read! :glasses02:

I absolutely :heart: the Art books-the covers! Jetsam/Quiggle/Buzz but the Corn one -not so much. 

Ha ha ha.  EXACTLY!  That is exactly what I thought too.  Like, "why isn't my pet any better at this now, the book said she would be?  LOL"  Thanks for the laugh midnight, and for making me feel like I am not the ONLY one who thought this.  lol

I'd definitely read a lot of the books if they were real! I've considered writing some of them myself and submitting them to the Neopian Times, but I don't really like writing that much^^'

1 hour ago, firaplays said:

I'd definitely read a lot of the books if they were real! I've considered writing some of them myself and submitting them to the Neopian Times, but I don't really like writing that much^^'

I've thought the same thing! I've always wondered why Neopians haven't all gotten together by now and started writing some of those books themselves, we all love them and most would like to really be able to read them. We have tons of people who love to write so why hasn't this been done already? It's a great idea! ^_^

6 minutes ago, fantazia01 said:

I've thought the same thing! I've always wondered why Neopians haven't all gotten together by now and started writing some of those books themselves, we all love them and most would like to really be able to read them. We have tons of people who love to write so why hasn't this been done already? It's a great idea! ^_^

That's a good point, how hasn't that been done yet? Weird! Maybe some real Neopian books are hiding in older editions of the paper.

I wish they were real, mostly because some of them have really beautiful covers... I cannot think right now of any example... Also I have wished that they affect Neopets when they read them, not just that they intelligence grows...

Oh yes, I'd LOVE to own real copies of a lot of the Neo books, I also really like how there's many Neo versions of actual book titles, AND I like examples of the TNT wit, like this one. :laugh:

bbo_antigravity_games.gifAntigravity Games

On 4/24/2017 at 7:47 AM, delshnya said:

I wish they were real, mostly because some of them have really beautiful covers... I cannot think right now of any example... Also I have wished that they affect Neopets when they read them, not just that they intelligence grows...

Something like if they read a BattleDome guide for their species, it would increase their strength and defense levels? I would love that!