As promised, the ring!

Zimmerchild

So, went to the Ocean for the weekend for our 2 year anniversary, and he surprised me and asked me to marry him on Friday after we got out there and walked out to the beach. :D <3  They are in thumbnails, so just click on them if you want a bigger picture/see them better. :D

th_18076564_10154536841783263_7712579784

th_18056507_1557015354322688_67282206085

th_18077393_1557014520989438_98281047044

He's super proud of himself in this one, lol.

th_18076873_1557014524322771_58242534794

th_17966392_1557013637656193_86643810873

There you guys go, I'm super excited and happy, nothing like being the future Mrs. Storm. :D <3 <3 <3

CONGRATULATIONS! SO HAPPY & EXCITED FOR YOU AND YOUR FIANCE!

weewoo_fire_shake.gifsnuffly_dancing.gifmeturf_island_jump.giforbulon_hulahoop.gifshmoonzle_glitter_day.gif

PS- I can't "out-shine" your beautiful pictures, but I wanted to show you how happy my heart is for you now!

vday_ring_shine.gifWhat we settle for in Neopets CAN'T compare to your beautiful ring that represents 2 hearts coming together for one amazing journey!

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome.  I was going to ask the same thing as Angelo, is it an Antique or an heirloom piece?  It is very ornate looking.  Beautiful.

16 hours ago, Angeló said:

is this a ring from some sort of fantasy game / novel / etc ? it looks antique and quite nice !!

Congrats on your engagement :) 

Love Conquers All :heart:

4 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome.  I was going to ask the same thing as Angelo, is it an Antique or an heirloom piece?  It is very ornate looking.  Beautiful.

2 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Congratulations! Your ring is very unique.... like Angelo says.. looks like it's inspired by a fantasy or something like that. Shows he put a fair bit of thought into what ring to get for you. May your love outlast empires!

Thank you! It's from a site called Blood Milk, they make gothy witchy jewelry, this ring is called Belonging to the Underworld, it's sterling silver and moonstone. I wanted something unique and fitting to who I am as a person, seeing as I'm rather Goth and I'm Pagan, ravens claws (according to the site description, they are sparrows claws) and moonstone are perfect for me. 

@tk421beth, @midnight_spell360, @milkyymintt, @xd0rkus58, @charelan, @jellysundae, @Panthersclaw, @decchild, @babayaga67, thank you all so much. Kenny and I dated 20 years ago in high school and never really forgot about each other, we are both so happy to be together again and neither of us is willing to let the other go. We are happy every day, maybe not all day every day, and we just can seem to see ourselves without the other. I'm excited! :D 

46 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I love that it's moonstone in your ring, as a Cancerian that's one of my birth stones. :D

:D <3 I don't like diamonds, lol, Kenny and I are both Gemini's, I'm a Gemini Pieces, and one of our birthstones is moonstone as well. :D 

You know I read somewhere that diamonds weren't always the rock that signifies love and forever and they aren't as scarce or rare as they'd like you to believe.... great marketing campaign that lol. Previously, people chose stones and settings that reminded them of those they loved or complimented them in some way. So yayy for your moonstone! 

21 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

CONGRATULATIONS! SO HAPPY & EXCITED FOR YOU AND YOUR FIANCE!

weewoo_fire_shake.gifsnuffly_dancing.gifmeturf_island_jump.giforbulon_hulahoop.gifshmoonzle_glitter_day.gif

PS- I can't "out-shine" your beautiful pictures, but I wanted to show you how happy my heart is for you now!

vday_ring_shine.gifWhat we settle for in Neopets CAN'T compare to your beautiful ring that represents 2 hearts coming together for one amazing journey!

Thank you for the items you sent me, they are wonderful! <3 :D

30 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

You know I read somewhere that diamonds weren't always the rock that signifies love and forever and they aren't as scarce or rare as they'd like you to believe.... great marketing campaign that lol. Previously, people chose stones and settings that reminded them of those they loved or complimented them in some way. So yayy for your moonstone! 

That is exactly why I don't like them, they are one of the most expensive cheap stones I've seen, not to mentioned if they are imported, you're not exactly sure how they got here, they could have been inside someone. I'm also named after a diamond, Tiffany, which is another reason why I don't want diamonds, I already am one. lol :D 

Yeah, the current thing for diamond engagement rings is a pretty recent concept, dreamt up by De Beers some time in the 30s or 40s. Diamonds were used before that date, but usually mixed with other stones, but De Beers "A Diamond is Forever." ad campaign is to blame for the fact that an engagement ring's pretty much expected to be a stonking great diamond now.

De Beers also being to blame for the thing about how a guy should spend a month's wages on the ring...they know how to maximise their profits, don't they?!

17 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah, the current thing for diamond engagement rings is a pretty recent concept, dreamt up by De Beers some time in the 30s or 40s. Diamonds were used before that date, but usually mixed with other stones, but De Beers "A Diamond is Forever." ad campaign is to blame for the fact that an engagement ring's pretty much expected to be a stonking great diamond now.

De Beers also being to blame for the thing about how a guy should spend a month's wages on the ring...they know how to maximise their profits, don't they?!

I would have murdered Kenny if he spent that much on a ring, past $500 and I get uncomfortable. lol Even half that amount does that. Luckily we worked on it together, he wanted me to give him an idea or list of sorts, I had a friend who had been buying some of Blood Milk's planchet designs, and just fell in love with all of it. This ring, in particular, has to do with the legend of Persephone, the Greek Goddess of Spring and Queen of the Underworld. :D 

I had only heard the part about the amount from a movie or tv show once, so I never knew if that was really a real thing or not. Interesting how old ad campaigns or slogans have become "tradition" in some places. Another thing that I find interesting and along the same lines is how influential people will cause a change in tradition, the white wedding dress is a great example of this, which is also a tradition that I will not be doing. lol 

8 hours ago, Zimmerchild said:

Thank you! It's from a site called Blood Milk, they make gothy witchy jewelry, this ring is called Belonging to the Underworld, it's sterling silver and moonstone. I wanted something unique and fitting to who I am as a person, seeing as I'm rather Goth and I'm Pagan, ravens claws (according to the site description, they are sparrows claws) and moonstone are perfect for me. 

@tk421beth, @midnight_spell360, @milkyymintt, @xd0rkus58, @charelan, @jellysundae, @Panthersclaw, @decchild, @babayaga67, thank you all so much. Kenny and I dated 20 years ago in high school and never really forgot about each other, we are both so happy to be together again and neither of us is willing to let the other go. We are happy every day, maybe not all day every day, and we just can seem to see ourselves without the other. I'm excited! :D 

Ohhhhh, Now I love it even more.  I noticed the claws after I had already posted.  Just so breath taking.  I did notice that it wasn't a diamond but I didn't comment because, to each their own.  But now that you say it is moonstone, WOW!!!  That is one of my absolute, all time, favorites.  As a pagan myself, I think your ring speaks volumes to you, your relationship, and your future.  Blessed be.

8 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I think your ring speaks volumes to you, your relationship, and your future.

Tracy's nailed what an engagement ring always SHOULD be about! It's a symbol of a couple's love, not the size of the guy's wallet (or how much debt he's had to go into to impress others).

I wonder...if I could click my fingers and the industry-created tradition of the diamond ring would just disappear, and instead there'd be one for custom made rings using materials that MEANT SOMETHING to the people involved...just how very different a lot of those rings would look.

EDIT: See now you've got me looking at rings on Etsy, lol. But here's one that I feel embodies what I think an engagement ring should be about.

il_570xN.1188148631_dmcc.jpg

Those are real flowers in there. A girl's favourite flower set into a ring seems like a totally perfect ring option, wouldn't you say? Couldn't get much more personal than that. But other people's opinions get in the way of this most personal of choices. Those rings are £22, I can just imagine horror from some family and friends at a "cheap plastic ring". Because it's so ingrained in so many people that this  ring means nothing unless it was expensive. : /

Jelly, I can't understand why anybody would hate those rings. They're so beautiful and pure! 

I looked online a bit and found this really cute ring just like that. They look like roses and they're my favorite flower :D such a beautiful idea.

Also congrats Zimmer! I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

il_fullxfull.343480757.jpg

13 minutes ago, memepolice said:

Jelly, I can't understand why anybody would hate those rings. They're so beautiful and pure! 

I looked online a bit and found this really cute ring just like that. They look like roses and they're my favorite flower :D such a beautiful idea.

Also congrats Zimmer! I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

il_fullxfull.343480757.jpg

They're lovely, aren't they?! But for some people, older generations in particular, they'd be just too different for them to be able to accept them. But I'm thrilled that different styles of ring ARE becoming more accepted now.

I really like this trend for resin rings, I love how clean they look. I'm having to really REALLY fight the urge to buy one, LOL! They're SO pretty, but I know I'd not be able to tolerate wearing it because they're chunky and I HATE how that feels between my fingers. So I'll have to settle for just looking and enjoying their prettiness vicariously.

After seeing the one you posted I feel the need to go look at some more now. :laugh:

15 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Agreed ^_^

There is a whole nasty business in the diamond industry (burning diamonds to make them more rare - the unethical way they are often sourced etc). Unless it's really that important to someone or being used as a hard substance that isn't easy to break, I always encourage people to go for something else, LOL. 
To me, it's so much cooler and meaningful to have a gem that means something to you, like a birthstone or just a color you really like. Expense doesn't show love, the though process into expressing a gift does. And clearly lots of thought went into that ring choice. :D

17 hours ago, Zimmerchild said:

thank you all so much. Kenny and I dated 20 years ago in high school and never really forgot about each other, we are both so happy to be together again and neither of us is willing to let the other go. We are happy every day, maybe not all day every day, and we just can seem to see ourselves without the other. I'm excited! :D 

Oh my goodness, that's so sweet. You know you really had a connection with someone if 20 years later you're still thinking about them. 
No one is happy everyday all day. I don't even think it's possible. Here's to you two and your wonderful relationship with many awesome years to come! Cheers! :D