Should I sell Festival of Neggs items or wait?

firaplays

I'm thinking the prices on the booktastic books especially might go up after the event is over, but it could also go the other way as more people get them, and I've never really been through a seasonal event like this before, so I don't know what usually happens with the prices for the items.

I say hold on to them.  Right now, all the prizes are very common and the prices are low.  Eventually, after the event is over, and people come back who missed the event, or are returning after a hiatus, they will be looking for the items and prices will increase.  Be patient.  I think it will pay off.

11 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

I say hold on to them.  Right now, all the prizes are very common and the prices are low.  Eventually, after the event is over, and people come back who missed the event, or are returning after a hiatus, they will be looking for the items and prices will increase.  Be patient.  I think it will pay off.

I agree with my sista, Tracy! I always hold onto things, and over time, it's worth it! ^_^

I've done both. For example, I was able to sell one of the Avocado Cookbook for 34,000 early the first day they came out. Some people may have sold some for even more. I know someone who sold a garland for 45,000. Since the prices were already dropping, why not sell instead of holding on to an item that will be worth so little 2 days later? But I've kept some of each too, and have the option of saving them forever or selling if the price ever goes back up someday. Hedge your bets. But if you didn't already sell when things were high, the prices now for most things aren't worth getting just a few thousand for now when the future upside is there.

If you want to see the current values of past years Negg Festival items, try this link. Note the years at the top.

http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=festival_of_neggs

11 hours ago, lakecat said:

I've done both. For example, I was able to sell one of the Avocado Cookbook for 34,000 early the first day they came out. Some people may have sold some for even more. I know someone who sold a garland for 45,000. Since the prices were already dropping, why not sell instead of holding on to an item that will be worth so little 2 days later? But I've kept some of each too, and have the option of saving them forever or selling if the price ever goes back up someday. Hedge your bets. But if you didn't already sell when things were high, the prices now for most things aren't worth getting just a few thousand for now when the future upside is there.

If you want to see the current values of past years Negg Festival items, try this link. Note the years at the top.

http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=festival_of_neggs

Very much true.  If you can sell an item right away, absolutely, by all means, do so.  However, in a couple of years, you may find them in your SDB and see that they have gone way up in value.  Sometimes the risk pays off, other times it doesn't.  Will the festival of neggs items, especially items like books and stamps, they do go up in value because they are consumable.  Last year, I got tons of the easter treat stamps.  They went up in price.  Even higher now than they were the first day they came out.  I think you have a great strategy Lakecat.

11 hours ago, tk421beth said:

I agree with my sista, Tracy! I always hold onto things, and over time, it's worth it! ^_^

Absolutely!!  You have Charity Corner and coincidence which call for items that usually seem worthless.  There are always events that drive up the prices of items that we get from our dailies.  They are seemingly worthless now, but eventually go up in price.  There is no problem keeping items in your SDB.  I have tons.  I don't discard ANYTHING anymore.