Closing in on Level 100: which blessing should I choose?

I'm at a lose, can anyone who has the gen, or who's used the level 100 blessings themselves give me some insight?

I have no BD knowledge, I'm a pretty pathetic BDer TBH, lol. :blush02:

I generally only fight the flaming meerca (or chia clown if I'm feeling REALLY lazy). I only ever use the same 3 weapons - scrolls of the scholar and ultranova, and kacheek life potion - plus the icicles and lens flare blessings. These Level 100 options just confuse me. :arrowhead:

Personally, I followed the article on TDN. The blocks in gray I believe are the ones recommended for each level.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/new-faerie-abilities/

6 hours ago, missmadiemay said:

Personally, I followed the article on TDN. The blocks in gray I believe are the ones recommended for each level.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/new-faerie-abilities/

Interesting, never seen that before, thanks! :D Nice to see that the previous blessings that I've chosen are mainly what's recommended. I went for bandage rather than shade, but I never use that now anyway, lol.

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Interesting, never seen that before, thanks! :D Nice to see that the previous blessings that I've chosen are mainly what's recommended. I went for bandage rather than shade, but I never use that now anyway, lol.

Uh, HELLO!!  I am very disappointed in you ma'am!  I thought I was your mentor, and you never even message me anymore.:sad02: (JK, it goes both ways. My fault too:blush02:).  Anyway, personally, as someone who does a lot of battles, I would go with burrow.  As far as the bandage/shade goes, you can retrain for the shade.  I think it is more useful personally, however I don't really use the lower level abilities anymore.  I use Lens Flare, Positive thinking, and once in a while I do use shade.  I RARELY use icicle, never use static cling, and don't use burrow all too much.  Good luck with whatever you choose, and remember, you can always change if you aren't happy with it.

10 hours ago, missmadiemay said:

The ones in grey are indeed the ones recommended by our BP Team. I have Burrow and I'll use it occasionally, but I only mainly battle the Koi Warrior who I can 1-hit kill without taking damage thanks to Lens Flare. :D

10 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

Uh, HELLO!!  I am very disappointed in you ma'am!  I thought I was your mentor, and you never even message me anymore.:sad02: (JK, it goes both ways. My fault too:blush02:).  Anyway, personally, as someone who does a lot of battles, I would go with burrow.  As far as the bandage/shade goes, you can retrain for the shade.  I think it is more useful personally, however I don't really use the lower level abilities anymore.  I use Lens Flare, Positive thinking, and once in a while I do use shade.  I RARELY use icicle, never use static cling, and don't use burrow all too much.  Good luck with whatever you choose, and remember, you can always change if you aren't happy with it.

OMG, you're so right! *prods my stupid brain* It didn't even think of asking you! And yes I'm gonna blame it like it's a separate person, because I would have known to ask my mentor!

I don't use those bottom 3 levels of abilities at all now, I imagine it works that way for most people? Once you train more the lower level abilities become a waste of time to use, yeah? I think I like icicle and lens flare because they work no matter what.

But you're right, I can just try them out and pick the one I like best. They're cheap at this level, and my pet's stockpiled blessings are all over 200 now. I can see that burrow is the best option, but I kind of suspect that whichever I choose it will sit unused and I'll stick with what I'm used to. :rolleyes:

Hey Jellysundae, remember that if you don't like the ability you've chosen, you can switch that to a different ability (in the same level tier) for half of the blessings of your first ability in the tier. As an example, say the first ability of a hypothetical tier is 10 blessings, after that all the abilities in that tier will become 5 blessings to switch to. So changing blessings is cheaper than the initial first blessing of any tier. I still personally prefer the original faerie ability system, but oh well. LOL ;)

For my level 100 ability, I went with Shroud. Though I haven't tried to use it in forever. At the time, Burrow was reportedly not working, so I chose Shroud, only to find out it didn't seem to be doing anything either. lol Burrow would probably be your best bet for level 100. I only picked Shroud because I thought TNT would get the abilities fixed sooner than they have. And thinking that blocking some fire would've been useful. lol.

If you have more questions about battling, feel free to ask. You've gotten a lot of good advice so far in the replies for this post. And TDN's Battlepedia has a lot of great info. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com
The articles section has some good helpful guides for those starting out in their battling career too.
http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

Best of luck, happy battling! :D

6 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

if you don't like the ability you've chosen, you can switch that to a different ability (in the same level tier) for half of the blessings of your first ability in the tier

:bigeyed: I did not know THAT!! I'm really surprised at that, I'd have made each change cost more, lol. :ph34r:

Thank you for that very helpful bit of information! :D