Who's ready for Altador Cup XII?

I'm a loyal Meridell member. :) And I raise the times I play each game every year to get a higher rank... It was 16 times last year, so now I'm gonna try and play all 4 games 20 times a day. Which can be pretty exausting and VERY time consuming. XD

I have always joined Roo Island and I'll join them again. I just need to be more dedicated and play harder I guess. I aim to finish on a higher rank this year than I did last year! Hopefully, Roo Island gets a trophy again this year :D

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I don't know which to JOIN :crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim:

I don't think I ever played Yooyoball before though.. just the other 3 xD 

Get practicing then, Missy!

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/ctp.phtml

You don't get any NP for playing out of season, but you can learn some skills before things start. :D

Oh and can you come at things from the opposite direction and at least pinpoint the teams you don't want to join? That might be helpful, possibly?

I do not like Altador Cup much... I like the slushie game, but I do not want to be everyday playing A LOT of times that game... This would be my third year, the first time I got the medal (I wonder why...), the last year I got Rank 1, but because I made the effort to get there, this year... I have to make the math to know how much games I would have to play everyday to get to rank 1... I will try to play all the games 3 times per day, and if I cannot make it with that... then I suppose I have to increase that amount... I'm aiming for rank 1 (to avoid the medal), if I get more than that even better. Who knows... About the team, I always choose Haunted Woods, and that is not going to change for as long as I play this event.

@jellysundae @Angeló

Well the whole Cup is confunsing for me. I read some articles but there are some things I still don't understand.

- What makes the teams win? I really don't understand this because if it is for the amount of players that join them then the same team would win every year, no?? 
You can send 3x scores for each game daily but how can you make points for you and your team then? 
- If your team wins you'll get anything extra than others (except trophy)?

For now that is it. 

1 hour ago, Yuiina said:

@jellysundae @Angeló

Well the whole Cup is confunsing for me. I read some articles but there are some things I still don't understand.

- What makes the teams win? I really don't understand this because if it is for the amount of players that join them then the same team would win every year, no?? 
You can send 3x scores for each game daily but how can you make points for you and your team then? 

For now that is it. 

I can't explain much, I'll leave that to Angelo :heart:

But I can say the scoring/NP earning isn't the same as regular games. The NP earning is restricted, BUT, unless I've gone insane I'm remembering you get to earn NP from playing 5 times per day during the AC...but that's not relevant to the AC itself. To win a yooyuball match you need to score more than the team your playing against, same as any other kind of game like that, and the more you score the more...something...urgh. I really don't have a clue, lol. Basically it's better for your team's ranking if you submit a score of 11-2 for example, rather than 4-2, something like that. If I ended up drawing a match I didn't submit that score.

It's all down to rank points, and it's HORRIBLY CONFUSING. There's these brackets, and I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THEM. :axehead:

Ok, so I'm gonna say it makes no difference how MANY people are in a team, what matters is how many games are won. You could have loads of people on one team but they only play enough to get those 5 NP-earning games in every day, while another team could have a 5th of the amount of people but they all play obsessively and completely wipe the floor with the other team because your ranking depends on amount of games played and won.

If this makes no sense I apologise!

2 hours ago, Yuiina said:

What makes the teams win?

as jellysundae said .. no one really knows how TNT/JS calculates the results .. but the more your team sends better scores the more chance you have to win .. her example is right .. winning 10-0 is much better than winning 1-0 or 5-4 .. the goal difference makes a difference (and with some practice lots of people can get above 8-9 goals per game , some make it to 14-15 but that's beyond me) .. the other Mini-games , well .. again .. the more scores sent the better .. theres a minimum for your score to count towards your team though .. i think for example Slushie Slinger is 250 .. 

send 3x scores for each game daily but how can you make points for you and your team then?

those 3x times are just for some extra NP ..but there's actually CAP on how many games you can play per day .. after that scores stop counting towards your team .. last year they lowered the caps to decrease cheating .. i dont remember the exact number but let's say it's 60 Yooyuball .. 100 Slushie Slinger .. 500  Make Some Noise / Shootdown

Nop just the different - looking Trophy and bragging rights .. the prizes in the shop cost points which you gained from your rank ... although you need double-all-star to get the top prize .. that's been the case i don't know if they'll change it this year ..

There is a site that can help you calculate how many Yooyu Ball (YYB) games, Slushie Slinger (SSL) games,Shootout Showdown (SOSD) games, and Make Some Noise (MSN) games to reach whatever Rank you want to get. Such as: http://www.sunnyneo.com/altadorcup/rankcalculator/   Also, don't forget Practice Days when you don't have to send your top scores - you send your minimum scores

Game Minimum Score
Yooyuball No Minimum score
Make Some Noise 3000
Slushie Slinger  300
Shootout Showdown   35

which saves you time & energy not having to play the Slushie Slinger, Make Some Noise, and especially Shootout Showdown fully out!   

icon_989.gif  This image will start working when the game is launched on neo   msn100.gif   icon_1106.gif

17 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I don't know which to JOIN :crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim::crying_anim:

I don't think I ever played Yooyoball before though.. just the other 3 xD 

Darling, you are clearly a Faerie in the making! We hit our highest ranking ever last year, and can only benefit from our increasing popularity! Come see what Faerieland has to offer!

9 hours ago, Angeló said:

goal difference

YES!!! That's the phrase I really could have done with yesterday, LOL!

I used 11-2 as my example of a good score to send because it's what I scored against the practice team yesterday. @Yuiina I'm no good at Yooyuball at all, but I can pretty consistently score between 8 and 12 each game. I basically need to score straight away because if one of the opposing team takes the ball then I've had it, I'm just chasing them around the pitch unable to get it back. :rolleyes: And if I get a Darigan yooyu early on in the game...:axehead: I restart, lol. Don't need that shizz! But despite my ineptitude I manage decent scores.

@Songbirdsara is right though, I'd forgotten that Faerieland did super well last year, maybe they are your destiny?

I wonder if last year's rank calculator will work for this year, or if TNT will have tweaked the ranking workings again in the interim. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

I also wonder what the cheating situation's going to be like this year, considering TNT actively did something about it last year...could be interesting!

That is all soooooo confusing :confused:
Thank you for your explanations though! I'll try to read them all over and over and over again to see if it "clicks" :who-let-rip:
I think I'll join Faerieland as I always did and see how it goes :laugh: But this time I'll be able to contribute more than I did years ago. 

23 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

That is all soooooo confusing :confused:
Thank you for your explanations though! I'll try to read them all over and over and over again to see if it "clicks" :who-let-rip:
I think I'll join Faerieland as I always did and see how it goes :laugh: But this time I'll be able to contribute more than I did years ago. 

Yep, the more you try to understand, the more confusing it gets. :laugh:

So I guess the best thing to do is not worry about the logistics. Just take part in the games and enjoy yourself. :D Have you practiced playing again yet?

I suppose the main thing to remember is to only send your score if you've won by a good margin, not if you've drawn or only scored a couple of goals more. Stick with that and you should be fine.

I'm gonna have another practice game, see how I do today. :competitive:

OH AND, the practice team is tougher than a lot of the actual teams, isn't it guys?!

EDIT: Oh man, I give up at today's practice! At 3-0 with 2 minutes to go I got a faerie yooyu...after repeatedly flinging it around aimlessly I gave up at 30 seconds to go, I CANNOT score with those things (and it seems neither can the practice team either :ph34r:). :laugh:

Time to dig this out again...

rKHhFTu.jpg

49 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Yep, the more you try to understand, the more confusing it gets. :laugh:

So I guess the best thing to do is not worry about the logistics. Just take part in the games and enjoy yourself. :D Have you practiced playing again yet?

I suppose the main thing to remember is to only send your score if you've won by a good margin, not if you've drawn or only scored a couple of goals more. Stick with that and you should be fine.

I'm gonna have another practice game, see how I do today. :competitive:

OH AND, the practice team is tougher than a lot of the actual teams, isn't it guys?!

I tried one game yesterday, it was better than I thought! At least I didn't lose :laugh:

Loved your reaction picture :dance:

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I tried one game yesterday, it was better than I thought! At least I didn't lose :laugh:

Loved your reaction picture :dance:

It's funny, isn't it?

It's not mine, I found it online last year when I getting a lot of Darigan yooyus and wanting to cry.

Seeing someone else's pain put into pictures made me feel a whole lot better about things. :laugh: So I went hunting for it again today.

Not losing on your first play in a long time is great, I couldn't remember what to do at all when I tried yesterday, I had to *gasp* read the instructions!!!

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It's funny, isn't it?

It's not mine, I found it online last year when I getting a lot of Darigan yooyus and wanting to cry.

Seeing someone else's pain put into pictures made me feel a whole lot better about things. :laugh: So I went hunting for it again today.

Not losing on your first play in a long time is great, I couldn't remember what to do at all when I tried yesterday, I had to *gasp* read the instructions!!!

I just checked last year places and Faerieland was 4th :bigeyed::dance: 

I praticed a bit today and although I make 7 goals  I always suffer some xD I'm a turnip! :hmmph:

Normally I get rather excited for the AC, but this year I'm feeling more of a dread towards it. If I decide to play this year I'll join Faerieland as always!

I'm considering not joining simply because life is just way too crazy right now. We'll see, I might not be able to resist the temptation to finally get All Star.

14 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I'm a turnip! :hmmph:

This cracked me up :laugh:

Don't call your self that though! *hugs*

Or at least if you're gonna do that, totally own that vegetable!

*sends you something* :ph34r:

@Yuiina I always get 7-9 goals per YYB game and I never thought I was a turnip food_veg_turnip.gif. I've managed to get All-Star ranking for the past 3 years and I'm not super great on all 4 games but I try my best. I guess I had more fun when most of my sisters were home & on different teams, now 3 of them are away at different colleges in other states and have plans to work at jobs or internships at these places so it will be very different for me this year. :unsure:

I spent my 901 points on 901 cups of coffee which I then gave to the Money tree.

I apologise for any caffeine headaches that I caused around Neopia. :ph34r: