Birthday of neopet when adopting

Roger

o_O Never thought of this! I don't suppose the birthday changes though, as adopted pets have a long age a lot of the time. My recently adopted labrat's 2,607 days old for example. So I guess no, their birthday doesn't change.

1 hour ago, Roger said:

When you adopt a neopet, how do you know the birthday it was created? Or will the birthday change when you adopt the neopet, the date when you adopted it will be the birthday? 

you can't know until you adopt them .. then you can go to their lookup page and it'll tell you their birthday

also you can't change the birthday ...

The problem with knowing their birthdays is the cupcakes.  Everyone would be trying to adopt pets ON their birthdays JUST for the cupcakes, then abandoning them.  But as others have said, you will not know the birthday until you adopt them.  You cannot change the birthday of a pet, the pet's birthday is the day it was created.  That would be like changing a person's birthday when you adopt them.  LOL.  That is how I see it anyway.