Which faction are you joining for the 107th round?

lianakos

Which faction are you joining for the 107th round?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining for the 107th round?

• Thieves Guild
    • Seekers
    • Awakened

I still need the Thieves avatar, but now that I know about the petpage @ShadowyIce (and someone else, I think previously) pointed out, I think I'll wait until they're predicted to actually win. I would rather pick a different team and get some boons for once than fight a losing battle. My time will come...eventually. For this round, Awakened it is!

I used to pick at random (when I actually bothered to play at all), and got lucky the first few times by picking winning teams. Now that I'm actually trying to get the avatars, I've only managed to pick losing teams, so thanks for posting the link to that petpage. :) Can't hurt to give The Awakened a shot - my own guesses have only steered me wrong these past few months.

5 hours ago, kayahtik said:

I still need the Thieves avatar, but now that I know about the petpage @ShadowyIce (and someone else, I think previously) pointed out, I think I'll wait until they're predicted to actually win. I would rather pick a different team and get some boons for once than fight a losing battle. My time will come...eventually. For this round, Awakened it is!

I know how you feel! It took me FOREVER to get The Brutes avie.

Awakened it is...to help people out there that need this avie! *and the boons* ^_^

@jellysundae Yeah, creepy x 20 sounds about right! We'll be battling our buns off and looking over our shoulder for those Creepy Twins!:evil::evil:  :whaa: Look out Awakened, I am siding with you for a boon so don't come lurking behind me in the room! :ph34r: I guess this is the best way to overcome some fears I have. o_O

8 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

@jellysundae Yeah, creepy x 20 sounds about right! We'll be battling our buns off and looking over our shoulder for those Creepy Twins!:evil::evil:  :whaa: Look out Awakened, I am siding with you for a boon so don't come lurking behind me in the room! :ph34r: I guess this is the best way to overcome some fears I have. o_O

Yes! SMITE THEM!

Maybe...the buns could work in our favour again?

*distracts creepy twins with cake*

:ph34r:

18 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Yes, let's battle those buns off!  ...Maybe you'll conquer your fears so much that you become them o_O

Until I get the Awakened avatar, if they are an option, they are who I'm going with, as I said before, I love the Stephen King The Shining nod. :D 

@kayahtik Well I've been waiting forever :sleeping: to try 

square_aishaglasses.gifStrength of Mind   Grants the ability 'Mind Blast' in the Battledome, which uses your pet's Intelligence as its Strength boost, once per battle.

My pets have their intelligence levels up to 700+ (Kokariia has her level at 750, as I am training her to take on the Space Faerie and she needs her level to be that high to wear her Crisp Blue Tunic).

I want to see if this will really help my pets in battle! :medieval:

Congratulations to Awakened Champions! emo_usul_sigh.gif meepit_scary.gif emo_usul_sigh.gifAvatar achieved but not approved by the Twins! :rolleyes:

I hope the consolation prizes were good for everyone else.:snitch:

20 minutes ago, midnight_spell360 said:

My pets have their intelligence levels up to 700+ (Kokariia has her level at 750, as I am training her to take on the Space Faerie and she needs her level to be that high to wear her Crisp Blue Tunic).

I want to see if this will really help my pets in battle! :medieval:

Ooh, please report back! My pets have embarrassingly low intelligence, so I didn't even consider that boon, but I'd be interested to know if it's a useful ability for smarter pets.  I need that book boon, whatever it's called, first, lol. 

Lol, ok, seems like I made the right boons choice...

You lean over the barrel to see what apple looks the best and as you lean over you drop something into the water and out pops an apple right into your forehead. OUCH! You now seem to have Blurred Vision.

The Water Faerie says a few magical words and...

Tatofase is fully healed!!!

All of your Neopets gain ten hit points. Wow! That was a good spell! :)

I went with the Doctor Who boon, my pets get sick all the time, so this was the best option for me, though my intelligence is pretty high, I just didn't see the benefit in that one for me. Congratulations everyone! Woot woot! Now I only have 3 more to get. :D

7 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Aaaand Awakened win! Congrats to those who were seeking the avatar. 

I have to say, though...these boons are pretty useless. I would almost rather get a consolation prize. 

Woohoo!  We won!  Although, I do have to agree.  Even the LOL AVIES boon for Thieves Guild is better than most of the boons for Awakened. :P

3 hours ago, Midgetlegs said:

It didn't occur to me to use the intelligence boon. I sort of forget one of my pets has done all that book learning. It seems dailies have been making my pet sick at a higher rate than normal, so I just went with the healing boon.

I know, right?  Has anyone else been having bad luck with the dailies lately?  I can never get anything from the Snowager, and 1 out of 3 times I get sick from Apple Bobbing. :axehead:

I don't know if you can see my Combat Log but Kokariia (HP/Endurance: 195 & Intelligence: 758) went against the Jetsam Ace at 106 :grrr:

One Punch! Jetsam Ace went to 0 with 128 Damage and Kokariia lost 16 points to end with 178

You slash at Jetsam Ace with your Decorative Maractite Sword!!!                                          

Jetsam Ace puts you to sleep with their Sleep Ray!  

Jetsam Ace slashes at you with their Decorative Maractite Sword!!!!  

You shield yourself from Jetsam Ace's water attack with your Golden Aisha Shield!  

Jetsam Ace applies a Bandage. Drat!

And my prizes for this KO

300 Neopoints                    Ultranova

300 Neopoints                   Ultranova

combatlog_5.16.2017 Kokarria vs. Jetsam Ace.jpg

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

That is interesting, thanks for sharing @midnight_spell360! I need to start reading some books to my BD pet! And training her more since she's only 48 hit points right now :P

Save your books for now, wait until Seekers (or Awakened) wins again and you can use the Book Smarts boon. I hoarded books for over a year until that boon came around and my pet's intelligence went from 486 to 762 with the help of it. :D

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Save your books for now, wait until Seekers (or Awakened) wins again and you can use the Book Smarts boon. I hoarded books for over a year until that boon came around and my pet's intelligence went from 486 to 762 with the help of it. :D

That's the plan! I should probably start hoarding books in advance, though...I don't want to go in a mad rush to buy them all during the few days that the boon lasts xD

8 hours ago, kayahtik said:

That's the plan! I should probably start hoarding books in advance, though...I don't want to go in a mad rush to buy them all during the few days that the boon lasts xD

You can start picking up "cheap" books (any book under 1000 np would seem cheap to me but you can set it lower to 900 or less or even lower) when shopping for other items, esp. when looking for healing potions or codestones for training. Good Luck! :glasses02: :glasses: