Super Shop Wizard won't let me search certain items...

aerial

Hello(: So, I just got my Neopets membership 2 days ago & I was trying to 'snipe' items using the Super Shop Wizard (to be called SSW from now on to shorten). However, when trying to search for things like: Average Nerkmid, Maraquan PB, Krawk Transmogrification Potions etc, I got a message that says, " Searching for 'Krawk Transmogrification Potion', matching 'Krawk Transmogrification Potion'...Sorry, You are not allowed to search for "Krawk Transmogrification Potion" in the Super Wiz." My account is roughly 45 days old. I'm not sure if that is relevant but? If anyone could pretty please explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you for taking the time to read my post & I hope you are all having a great day!(:

Below is the screen I get when trying to search above mentioned items.

Screenshot for TDN thread 2017-05-11 17.58.32.jpg

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).
The topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'TDN Questions' to 'Neopets Help'.

Thank you for the super quick response(: That's so weird because I was following a Sniping How To page & I guess they need to update their page because Nerkmids, Map Pieces, PBs & Trans. Potions was literally what the entire entry was about...lmao

I guess my question now is, what should I 'snipe' for using the SSW?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

2 hours ago, hrtbrk said:

There are certain items you are not allowed to use the SSW on such as nerkmids, paint brushes, petpet paint brushes, transmogrifications potions, and lab map pieces etc.

wow what ? i didn't know that .. 

i mean those items would be the first thing i'd search for if i had SSW

From our SSW guide

Non-Searchable Items

Since Neopets found that this could cause some issues and gives premium members an unfair advantage they have placed the following restrictions onto what items you can not search for: transmogrification potions, petpet paintbrushes, regular paintbrushes, and laboratory map pieces. You will receive an error message like the one below, except customized to the item you searched.

The screenshots are of the old SSW, but the restrictions remain the same. You aren't allowed to use SSW to search for those items because, eons ago, TNT promised that having Premium on Neopets will not overpower the Non-premium users with regards to earning NP.

8 hours ago, Rune Valentine said:

From our SSW guide

The screenshots are of the old SSW, but the restrictions remain the same. You aren't allowed to use SSW to search for those items because, eons ago, TNT promised that having Premium on Neopets will not overpower the Non-premium users with regards to earning NP.

That's awesome, and very typical of TNT's ethos back in the day.

I'd be so intrigued to know how JS feels about this though...

11 hours ago, Rune Valentine said:

From our SSW guide

Funny though, considering that having a premium account DOES allow you to earn way more np... I get nerkmids like crazy from the premium battledome. The space faerie is also usually quite generous about random events, too. 

3 hours ago, acmerasta said:

How do you search for those items then? If you genuinely wanted to buy map pieces for instance or a transmogrification potion not to resell?

You have to search them in the regular Shop Wizard. As I mentioned in my post on @aerial's other board, the regular shop wiz doesn't have item search restrictions, so you can search for nerkmids, pbs, etc. on there. That's mainly for sniping, though. A lot of those things (some lab map pieces, many/most transmog potions) are UB (unbuyable--they cost 100k or more, so they can't be sold in user shops). So you'll do better finding them on the Trading Post or Auctions. 

18 hours ago, charelan said:

Funny though, considering that having a premium account DOES allow you to earn way more np... I get nerkmids like crazy from the premium battledome. The space faerie is also usually quite generous about random events, too. 

I did say Eons ago...which was like back in 2005? Back when TNT was trying to make the game enjoyable and still somewhat profitable. Unlike now :P but, I digress.

The SSW can still be used for stamps, neggs, gourmets. It's not a total loss if you know what to look for.

On 5/12/2017 at 1:28 PM, kayahtik said:

You have to search them in the regular Shop Wizard. As I mentioned in my post on @aerial's other board, the regular shop wiz doesn't have item search restrictions, so you can search for nerkmids, pbs, etc. on there. That's mainly for sniping, though. A lot of those things (some lab map pieces, many/most transmog potions) are UB (unbuyable--they cost 100k or more, so they can't be sold in user shops). So you'll do better finding them on the Trading Post or Auctions. 

Oooooh. I didn't realize that you still have access to the regular SW. I've never had premium and never really knew all the ins and outs. I just assumed that if you had premium, your SW access just became SSW access. I've considered getting premium but then I lost my first account and never got it back and I took a long hiatus from Neo. Then when I came back, people were having problems with billing and there's the law suit etc and I just didn't feel confident getting an account. I've been toying with the idea again tho... but I don't know...

1 hour ago, acmerasta said:

Oooooh. I didn't realize that you still have access to the regular SW. I've never had premium and never really knew all the ins and outs. I just assumed that if you had premium, your SW access just became SSW access. I've considered getting premium but then I lost my first account and never got it back and I took a long hiatus from Neo. Then when I came back, people were having problems with billing and there's the law suit etc and I just didn't feel confident getting an account. I've been toying with the idea again tho... but I don't know...

Yep, you still have access to regular shop wiz when you're premium. You just barely use it, because why would you? xD The SSW is in a little toolbar at the bottom of the page, as you can see in the screenshot in @aerial's original post. You still find the regular SW in the normal spot in the shops area. 

I highly advocate for the premium account, it's a lot cheaper than premium accounts on many other games, and it really does make your Neo experience more enjoyable imo. In fact, I remember writing about all of this a while ago in a separate thread... yep, HERE, in case you're interested.