Happy Mothers Day 2017

Mouseykins

I'd like to wish all our Mums on here a Happy Mother's Day! :D:heart:

Personally I don't celebrate Mother's Day because I think my children should express their love and appreciation for me all the time and not have it emphasized on one particular day.

This year we did something special though! Two months ago my husband and I welcomed our third child and today we Dedicated her at church. Our Pastor suggested we have her Dedication today and we agreed. It was a beautiful morning!

Share your celebrations! :D

I TOTALLY AGREE with mouseykins.  Not only about Mother's Day, but every holiday.  I am not a scrooge by any means, but I feel they have become way too commercialized for one.  Every company has their hand out to make a buck.  I mean, imagine getting together for Christmas/Yule season without presents :whaa:!!!  We decorate our house to the max, then hubby and I drive around and look at all of the lights and decorations on everyone else's house.  It is beautiful, and a fun way to spend time together.  Then, (hopefully there is a lot of snow) I like to sit in my nice warm house, with a hot cup of coffee, (tea or cocoa- your choice)look at the snow, and be thankful for my nice warm house, my friends and my family. (I am not trying to sound cliche).  Second, as mouseykins said, we should be grateful, thankful, and appreciative of our family EVERYDAY, not just on the holidays.  Hubby always comes home with something for me.  Not just because it's my birthday or some holiday, just because he loves me.:wub_anim: (awwwe).  LOL.  

Hallmark has capitalized on every single holiday, and has even come up with a few of their own.  I have banned cards.  SERIOUSLY!  I don't buy them, EVER!  I think they are a waste of money and they just end up in the trash creating more waste.  I would rather someone write their OWN feelings toward/about me, than buy someone else's words for me.  I absolutely love/loved it when my kids make me cards.  Those are the best ones, and I still have all of them in my keepsake album.

Another example, when people are in the hospital visitors come out of the woodwork all of a sudden.  People who haven't called or visited in years are suddenly coming to visit in the hospital.  I rarely visit people in the hospital unless it is dire.  I will send a note, a gift, or give them a quick call, then visit them when they get home.  TRUST ME, as a nurse, I know, when people are in the hospital it's because they are sick and need to rest!  All of a sudden they have 20 visitors per day and they can't get the rest they so desperately need.  And it never fails, as soon as the person falls asleep, another visitor stops in.  Let the person get the rest they need. (they are getting woken up enough by hospital staff as it is).  Once they are home and feeling better, then stop in and visit.  

My fiance cooked dinner for me and I was lazy all day long. :D It was a good day.