Happy Moehog Day!

hrtbrk

I love the outfit! My Moehog is painted Shadow so maybe I'll get it for her once I have the NP (I'm busy decorating my classic Neohome).

The Jelly color looks more like cheddar cheese in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Naamah said:

i agree , that was my first impression too

but it's a decent effort for Jelly 

It looks quite pretty, nicely squidgey, it's bound to be better than the custard option when we get to see that.

Getting a bit repetitive with the custard pets, isn't it.

*starts chanting*

ALIEN PAINT BRUSH ALIEN PAINT BRUSH

15 minutes ago, Naamah said:

lol YES, I thought the same thing and laughed when I scrolled down and saw your comment :laugh:

I love it when they recreate iconic outfits... I can't wait to see what it looks like on the pet!

And there's the custard. It looks a bit plaintive, bless it.

Not quite as rancid-looking as other custard pets recently though?

58 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

*starts chanting*

*chants with Jelly*

ALIEN PAINT BRUSH! ALIEN PAINT BRUSH!
Or just anything remotely creative, really. 

58 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I love it when they recreate iconic outfits...

So do I, although I wish other pets could enjoy them and not just one species. I've never liked the idea of pet-specific clothes, it feels so limiting. 

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

17 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

*chants with Jelly*

ALIEN PAINT BRUSH! ALIEN PAINT BRUSH!
Or just anything remotely creative, really.

NO, leave the Alien color alone! Aishas deserve to have something special!

I like the Jelly Moehog, but then again I'm a sucker for anything orange. The outfit is amazing, that goes without saying though.

5 hours ago, kayahtik said:

So do I, although I wish other pets could enjoy them and not just one species. I've never liked the idea of pet-specific clothes, it feels so limiting.

It is a bit of a shame other pets can't enjoy certain outfits, but at the same time it's nice that each species is treated to a unique outfit on their day... And I suppose these outfits might even encourage some people to create/morph a pet into a species they otherwise wouldn't care for. Moehogs aren't very popular, but I can imagine some people considering getting one because of this outfit.

Speaking of which, I love how it looks on the pet! I'm wondering about that cigarette holder though... We can see it on the preview, but it's not listed as an item. I guess they realised that having a cigarette related item wasn't appropriate for Neopets? lol

Custard and jelly are both fine, I think. Especially jelly looks very gelatinous, orangy and edible :angel: But I wish they released some more exciting colours. Last few pet days have been not so spectaculair. Clothing is beautiful, but is she really smoking?  

11 hours ago, pulpfreeoj said:

NO, leave the Alien color alone! Aishas deserve to have something special!

I'm not gonna deny that, BUT, it seems such a no-brainer option to me. I have to assume they've just about run out of unpainted pets for the majority of the brushes, which is why the pet days lately are the same colours popping up. Meanwhile there's alien, already an existing colour and a FABULOUS option for creativity, going completely to waste...

Look at it this way, us loyal Neopians deserve to have something special too. <3

6 hours ago, deboratibi said:

It is a bit of a shame other pets can't enjoy certain outfits, but at the same time it's nice that each species is treated to a unique outfit on their day

This. Oh, maybe the unfairness of species specific items is why there's only one outfit instead of two now? A nice compromise? (disclaimer: I don't believe this for one second, but benefit of the doubt and all that...)

I feel an Audrey Hepburn set is a bit bizarre on a Moehog, it would have been so much more fitting on a more elegant pet, a bipedal one maybe, I guess something like a Usul. Though a Uni...yeah, they'd have rocked the Holly Golightly look. But with a Moehog I feel it's kind of like putting a builder in a dress. >_<

My Moehog is female and I have trouble finding dresses for her but I agree that a Uni or Usul would look better in this outfit. Maybe a more tomboyish look would suit a female Moehog better? 

20 hours ago, Naamah said:

My Moehog is female and I have trouble finding dresses for her but I agree that a Uni or Usul would look better in this outfit. Maybe a more tomboyish look would suit a female Moehog better? 

Maybe, maybe...but also...maybe I'm being a bit mean to poor old Moehogs!

Hmm! I wonder... @deboratibi would it be possible to suggest a Runway round for showing that lady Moehogs can look pretty? I feel I've been cruel to them and they need a chance to prove me wrong. :blush:

6 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm! I wonder... @deboratibi would it be possible to suggest a Runway round for showing that lady Moehogs can look pretty? I feel I've been cruel to them and they need a chance to prove me wrong. :blush:

Katinqa needs some pretty clothes, too.

2.png

That's my Moehog. I adopted her from the pound and I've had her for so long I don't remember when I adopted her. She has three dresses lol. I spoil my pets. 

27 minutes ago, Naamah said:

Katinqa needs some pretty clothes, too.

2.png

That's my Moehog. I adopted her from the pound and I've had her for so long I don't remember when I adopted her. She has three dresses lol. I spoil my pets. 

She's fun! For some reason I seem to expect darker pets to be boys...I wonder what that's all about. :bigeyed:

The problem with the dresses is the age old NP vs. NC thing, isn't it. There's LOTS of dresses if you've got cash to splash on them...

3 hours ago, Naamah said:

She's so cute! I'm with Jelly, I usually don't think of Moehogs as very cute-looking pets, but you've done a great job! 

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

For some reason I seem to expect darker pets to be boys...I wonder what that's all about. :bigeyed:

Us ladies are just so bright and pure :P

11 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Yeah, you were being kinda mean :crying_anim: lol. I really like the Holly Golightly outfit on the Moehog, and like I said before, I think this could even encourage some people to get one since she's such a popular character. I know I almost considered getting a Krawk when they released that Catwoman outfit, even though the outfit wasn't perfect and I don't like Krawks!

I actually planned to have a Moehog round a while ago, except it wasn't going to be specifically to make them pretty. But when I thought of that round, I was hoping people would make pretty Moehogs since that's not how they're usually customised. I need to put that idea on my list!

Here's an outfit I made right after I thought of that round:
moehawg.png

PS: Apparently this item is called "Tiffanys Moehog Tin Whistle", so TNT's got their behinds covered :whistle:
clo_moehog_whistle.gif

Tin whistle huh? *laughs* I wonder how much Tiffanys would charge for that ! :laugh:

Deb that's amusing that you made that outfit, because here's one I made yesterday to help assuage my guilt feelings towards Moehog girls:

medium_preview.png

That hat and hair just looks so great on them!

Actually quite a lot of the wigs and hats do. I think I've decided cute and sassy's the way to go with Moehogs, they can definitely pull that off. :D

23 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Tin whistle huh? *laughs* I wonder how much Tiffanys would charge for that ! :laugh:

Deb that's amusing that you made that outfit, because here's one I made yesterday to help assuage my guilt feelings towards Moehog girls:

medium_preview.png

That hat and hair just looks so great on them!

Actually quite a lot of the wigs and hats do. I think I've decided cute and sassy's the way to go with Moehogs, they can definitely pull that off. :D

Your moehog is absolutely adorable!!! 
4EWexDY.gif?noredirect

I want it :crying_anim: Why NC must be so hard to get :crying_anim:

5 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Your moehog is absolutely adorable!!! 
4EWexDY.gif?noredirect

I want it :crying_anim: Why NC must be so hard to get :crying_anim:

Thank you :D I really like her cute outfit, totally something I'd wear myself!

Not the hat though, I have thin fine hair so suffer from helmet head REALLY badly if a hat does so much as come anywhere near my hair. <_< I didn't notice how many of the items were NC, let's take a look...

Oh wow, everything but the hat/wig and the tail flower, and the flower's from a disco moehog...*sigh*