better than you?

charelan

OK, so I decided to play better than you for the first time as this week's challenge is a slots game (luck not skill). Well, I beat the score! But the thing is... nothing happened. It's not the regular kind of game where you send 3 scores.. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it?? Or could I possibly not have clicked "challenge Brucey B" and it didn't count (I'm pretty sure I did click it though)? Or do I have to wait until the end of the day? I don't want to have to keep playing if unnecessary, but I'm disappointed!

There are a few topics on the "Games" and "Help" Neoboards, concerning this. You aren't the only one it has happened to. Most believe that since it is a "slots" game, and you don't send scores in the same way as regular games, that that could be the problem. Kind of silly for TNT/JS to pick a "slots" game for Better Than You. It makes no sense. Not sure what they will do, at this point. Maybe we will see something in tomorrow's Neopian Times Editorial, concerning this.

EDIT: You don't have to click the "Challenge" button to be able to send a score and get a trophy/prize for Better Than You. As long as you play the game, beat the "challenger's" score, and are one of the first 500 to do so, you should get a prize.

EDIT EDIT: It looks like 1 person has beaten Brucy B. I wonder if they beat his score with one of their first 3 plays? If so, that's crazy!

Same here. Played, got 78k yesterday, no prize. Some are saying you need to win with your first three spins since they count as your three score sends. But basically, yeah, stupid choice of BTY game. You can't influence the outcome in any way, pure luck, no skill.

2 hours ago, charelan said:

Huh. First 3 spins. I don't mind that it's luck based, but dislike that 'playing' lasts like 2 seconds. Lame. 

Not sure what you mean. If you end up doing the max spins a day, it takes a bit of time. It's been two days for me an my high is only 9000.

7 hours ago, Midgetlegs said:

Not sure what you mean. If you end up doing the max spins a day, it takes a bit of time. It's been two days for me an my high is only 9000.

Sorry, sometimes I'm not good at expressing what I mean.. what I was trying to say is if only your first 3 spins count your tries are over pretty quickly.

7 hours ago, charelan said:

Sorry, sometimes I'm not good at expressing what I mean.. what I was trying to say is if only your first 3 spins count your tries are over pretty quickly.

Ohhh. Yeah, that makes sense. Honestly, with only 3 people having beat the challenge at this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they only counted the first 3 spins.

I don't even know how your own high score works like day 1 (or was it 2?) of BTY I got 7,500 as my new high score which I get but day 3 my new high score is 18,750 when there wasn't a single payout that gave me 18,750

I thought my newest high score was 7,800 because a single spin gave me that but it's showing 18,750

if it's cumulative for the day (250 spins) that might make sense for my HS of 18,750 because I kept winning quite a few times that day, I only lost 10k NP overall (I had 202k on hand, gone down to 180k then back up to like almost 220k but I finished with 192k) but yesterday I was kind of counting up the big payout wins and it should have gone over 22k (lost about 20k overall after 250 spins) but my HS still shows as 18,750

wait...I think I see it now when I explained my day 3! I started with 202k and I got up to almost 220k which is 18k profit, if I stopped playing, so that is how the high score works

I also beat the score and didn't get a trophy or the prize :(

On other discussion boards the consensus seems to be that you had to actually hit the jackpot while it was higher than the BTY score, rather than just getting a high enough payout.

@perduco mentioned 250 spins.  I've heard there's a max number of spins, is it 250? or is that just how many you played?

yes, a notice pops up telling you you can't spin more than 250 times. it's the same for Black Pawkeet Slots

losing NP from both Brucey B Slots and Black Pawkeet Slots gives you a combined score for a separate trophy :P Slots Big Losers which makes you think why people want to try for that? o_O but I guess it's like the tax trophies, trophies are trophies

1 hour ago, perduco said:

losing NP from both Brucey B Slots and Black Pawkeet Slots gives you a combined score for a separate trophy :P Slots Big Losers which makes you think why people want to try for that? o_O but I guess it's like the tax trophies, trophies are trophies

OMG, I did NOT know this trophy existed, that's hysterical xDD

Yet another example of the original TNT's sass. :laugh:

But...also...well, I mean EVERYONE loses bucketloads if you play slot games often, so getting a trophy for that's pretty awesome really. xD