Computer crashed without actually crashing?

I'm going to get my computer checked out when I can, but seeing as it's near midnight and I'm an anxious wreck when it comes to technology, here we are XD

About two weeks ago, my laptop fell off a bed (only sort of my fault). There was no visible physical damage or performance decrease at the time. However, a few minutes ago, the screen went black, then white, then back to normal. I got the little jingle that happens when you unplug a device such as an iphone despite the fact that there was nothing plugged in, then I got the one that plays when you plug it back in. The sound did not stop during all of this, no programs were closed, and the computer never actually restarted. After a few seconds, everything went back to normal. I'm backing up the computer right now, and the last backup I had wasn't from that long ago, so I'm ok on that front. My question is this: what could have happened and how worried should I be? I realize that's not enough information to go off of, but that's all I've got^^'

Aw, poor lappy, sounds like it behaved in a really human way there, to be honest! Like if you knock your head and are all confused for a bit. I'm interested to know what can cause a computer to get all addled though so I'm hoping someone (yes, I'm looking at you Scoobert :wink2: ) has an idea. I mean they're not constructed so things that come loose can then fix themselves, but maybe a connection was strained a little for a moment there.