Happy Koi Day!

hrtbrk

I like both of these! The way the orange stripe wraps around the back and you can see it, through the front, makes it look like, well, a marble! The Relic is nice too. I like the moss and the broken/falling apart tail fin. Overall, I don't think these two are too bad.

I LOVE the marble one! I really can't wait to keep seeing more pets released in this color. 

The relic one is fine I guess. I never particularly liked it, but like Scoobert said, there's some nice detail in the way the fins are deteriorating. 

I have been really happy with the new marble color so far, and the Marble Koi is no exception :wub: I also love the detail with the Relic. The cracks, breaks and moss just add a nice touch to it. Kind of like the Darkest Faerie Statue but with moss :D

For those interested in the outfit:

koi-outfit-laceball.jpg

clo_koi_bouquet.gifclo_koi_skirt.gifclo_koi_top.gifclo_koi_wig.gif

The marble one's lovely, what a beautiful fishie!

Relic's pretty nice too, I like that water-based pets have that greenery growing on them, I just wish said greenery looked a bit nicer, lol. I mean, I guess it's accurate, if you found a statue at the bottom of a lake it would have all this yukky slime and algae growing on it, but hello, artistic license guys, it doesn't have to look like stinky pond scum on here. >_<

I like relic as a brush, but I'd never want to paint a pet that colour, so very limiting for customisation. It would be great if any brushes you bought you got to KEEP, and could use as often as you liked...I wonder why TNT didn't have them be like that, imagine the fun you could have then...

I've got nothing polite to say about that outfit :ph34r: You know I said the Holly Golightly outfit made the Moehog look like a builder in a dress...well this is his mate, one-upping him with going to the same fancy dress party as a bride. The way the fins look like great ham-sized fists only make it look more like another bloke in a dress. >_<

Marble is okay, I think the fins could have used a little bit more of the coloured striped (like the back tail). Relic looks very realistic, aside from the fact that the pet and the stone base do not seem to be connected (?) It looks as if the koi is placed before the stone instead of attached to it. The clothes are quite a nice idea and the dress and flowers look good. The wig looks a bit strange, but perhaps fish are just not meant to have hair :D

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

The way the fins look like great ham-sized fists only make it look more like another bloke in a dress. >_<

Yeah, those fins kind of creep me out on Koi. I think it would be nicer if they were less hand-like. The Koi wouldn't be able to hold stuff, but...at least it wouldn't be so weird D: 

3 hours ago, Josi said:

The wig looks a bit strange, but perhaps fish are just not meant to have hair

On some wearables when you put them on, it erases part of the pet to sort of help make it look more natural? Not sure why they didn't do that here, the wig might look less weird if they got rid of the fin behind it, I think that's what throws it off for me. 

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks it looks weird, lol. >_<

I'm gonna go look at all the other hair now and see if any looks ok on a koi. :ph34r:

17 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I've got nothing polite to say about that outfit :ph34r: You know I said the Holly Golightly outfit made the Moehog look like a builder in a dress...well this is his mate, one-upping him with going to the same fancy dress party as a bride. The way the fins look like great ham-sized fists only make it look more like another bloke in a dress. >_<

I'm beginning to wonder if they have an actual hat with random outfit ideas in them, and pull out one or two on a certain pet day... Because while I don't think the Moehog looked bad, I do have to admit that a Holly Golightly-type outfit was an unusual choice for that species. I thought maybe that was an attempt to popularise an unpopular species, but then I remembered the Catwoman mask on the Krawk and now there's this Koi outfit, and I think the pattern here is: all these outfits are nice ideas, but it feels like they didn't come up with these with that particular species in mind. It's like they try to make a previously thought out idea work on a random pet, instead of assessing each pet's body and coming up with something from there. 

I think you're totally right, Deb. Plus how things wouldn't be so bad if the execution of these outfits was better, but sloppy things like that ill-fitting mask on the Krawk, and how this hair is both unflattering on a koi and doesn't remove the dorsal fin...

It all smacks of a big ol' lack of give a damn, to me. : /

I get the bride outfit for this time of the year (though I'm intrigued as to why it's being called ball gown not bridal :bigeyed:) but the thoughtlessness of the execution is so frustrating. The bouquet's so...urgh. It looks like something picked up for £3.50 from a petrol station, if they'd drawn it trailing, as so many bridal bouquets do, it would have hidden the big Koi fist and looked so much more feminine, so why didn't someone think of that?

I just can't decide if the current artists have no imagination, or they really just don't care. -_-