Gorillaz

NeoStep

They are the best band ever, I cannot fathom why there are some haters in this world.

Plus my friend gave me one of Murdoc's baby pictures (mwahahahaha...sorry Murdoc, and DO NOT lecture me about how he's not supposed to be green as a baby, please don't), link is down below

Baby Murdoc

But in all seriousness, I am glad this band was created, and each animated member has a backstory!

My favorite character has to be 2-D, he's just the cutest little floof baby :3

I enjoy these guys too though haven't heard them in years - are they still making music? I'm less familiar with the animated characters than the individual musicians to be honest...

I've always loved Miho Hatori's voice and Cibo Matto was a favourite band of mine in the early 2000s. Del tha Funkee Homosapien also has a great voice and a super cool subtle flow... not sure if you ever heard his album as Deltron 3030 - it's a really fun space theme and worth checking out! As always, the lyrics are way too clever. And finally, hearing Damon Albarn's voice brings back a lot of memories from the 90s... I had friends that were rather obsessed with blur... I know there are other players too, but those 3 have always impressed me as fantastic musicians/ songwriters!

I haven't thought about these tunes in ages - I may just have to pull out these old CDs :)

55 minutes ago, charelan said:

I enjoy these guys too though haven't heard them in years - are they still making music? I'm less familiar with the animated characters than the individual musicians to be honest...

I've always loved Miho Hatori's voice and Cibo Matto was a favourite band of mine in the early 2000s. Del tha Funkee Homosapien also has a great voice and a super cool subtle flow... not sure if you ever heard his album as Deltron 3030 - it's a really fun space theme and worth checking out! As always, the lyrics are way too clever. And finally, hearing Damon Albarn's voice brings back a lot of memories from the 90s... I had friends that were rather obsessed with blur... I know there are other players too, but those 3 have always impressed me as fantastic musicians/ songwriters!

I haven't thought about these tunes in ages - I may just have to pull out these old CDs :)

They released "Humanz" last month, so yes, they are still going strong :D

I need to buy their albums XD

I love the concept of Gorillaz; SUCH a cool idea, and the look of the band is great. I've not taken any notice of them (or music as a whole TBH) for a long time, Clint Eastwood's basically the only song I know, but I'm glad they're still going.

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

the new album is simply wonderful

i've been listening to it in my car non stop 

IKR, I have a few of the songs on my phone!

11 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I love the concept of Gorillaz; SUCH a cool idea, and the look of the band is great. I've not taken any notice of them (or music as a whole TBH) for a long time, Clint Eastwood's basically the only song I know, but I'm glad they're still going.

ikr, I love how the members are animated. The first song I ever heard from Gorillaz was "Feel Good Inc.", then it went to "Clint Eastwood", then it went to their other songs. A friend of mine got me into them during the month of April, in which I was excited that their new album was coming out, as I had just caught up.

26 minutes ago, NeoStep said:

The first song I ever heard from Gorillaz was "Feel Good Inc."

Watching this on Youtube now. xD I'd forgotten about the video for this one. Pretty sure I never saw the video for "Dare" until now, no way I'd have forgotten THAT. So bizarre. xD I'd totally forgotten Shaun Ryder was in this one, this is all just SO much 90s nostalgia, lol.

11 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Watching this on Youtube now. xD I'd forgotten about the video for this one. Pretty sure I never saw the video for "Dare" until now, no way I'd have forgotten THAT. So bizarre. xD I'd totally forgotten Shaun Ryder was in this one, this is all just SO much 90s nostalgia, lol.

Gorillaz has been around since I was at least 1 year, so basically was a lil tyke during the days that Gorillaz first started.

You can probably tell from my profile and signature that to me the best band ever is Linkin Park. I love their music, it has helped me so much in my life and they are great guys! 

That being said, I think Gorillaz is awesome! My sister got into them first because she liked Blur and of course that Damon Albarn co-created Gorillaz.

I think it's great they are still around, such a creative concept and great music style.

My favorite character is Noodle. I like her look and backstory best, but of course they are all interesting and cool!

By the way, I totally agree with you about the haters. No one is forcing these people to listen to this music, watch this show, whatever. They should go do what they like and let others enjoy those other things.

4 hours ago, life_eclectic said:

You can probably tell from my profile and signature that to me the best band ever is Linkin Park. I love their music, it has helped me so much in my life and they are great guys! 

That being said, I think Gorillaz is awesome! My sister got into them first because she liked Blur and of course that Damon Albarn co-created Gorillaz.

I think it's great they are still around, such a creative concept and great music style.

My favorite character is Noodle. I like her look and backstory best, but of course they are all interesting and cool!

By the way, I totally agree with you about the haters. No one is forcing these people to listen to this music, watch this show, whatever. They should go do what they like and let others enjoy those other things.

They did a hiatus a few months ago last year and then announced that Humanz was scheduled for release on April 28th of this year (which has already passed), so that got the fans hyped, I bet :3

I was excited to hear their new stuff, as I had just got caught up with their releases (it's been a long time and a friend got me back into them).

Oh, and did you know that they're gonna have a 10-episode TV show and a movie?! :O

15 hours ago, NeoStep said:

They did a hiatus a few months ago last year and then announced that Humanz was scheduled for release on April 28th of this year (which has already passed), so that got the fans hyped, I bet :3

I was excited to hear their new stuff, as I had just got caught up with their releases (it's been a long time and a friend got me back into them).

Oh, and did you know that they're gonna have a 10-episode TV show and a movie?! :O

No, that's so cool! Thanks for letting me know =D

7 hours ago, life_eclectic said:

No, that's so cool! Thanks for letting me know =D

No problem! I'm so stoked! It's gonna happen next year though, sadly, so we have to wait another year.

• 1 month later...

I love Gorillaz! I liked Clint Eastwood when it came out and then liked Feel Good Inc when it played on the radio. I didn't really "dive" into the band until Plastic Beach came out. I had just made a new friend and he played it for me, and I was like, "oh, this is Gorillaz? I never really payed attention to them. This is great!" I fell in love with them and did a whole lot of reading about the characters as well as watching all the old music videos and playing the games on the flash site. I was sad when they "quit" and abandoned the PB plot but I'm so glad they're back! I love the Humanz albums soooo much, I do wish Damon had more vocals on it but I think it's a great, fresh album with a lot of good songs from artists I wouldn't have known about without them being guests.

I love 2D and Noodle, cuz 2D is a huge goof and Noodle is super awesome and cool. Murdoc is awful, lol. Russell doesn't get enough love.