Happy Yurble Day!

hrtbrk

I'm not a fan of the polka-dot color in general--it's exactly the same for every pet, and it just makes me think of a circus. The Maraquan Yurble looks pretty good, though, imo. I like the softer texture of the fur, it provides a nice contrast. 

Looking forward to see the clothes when they're released~

I'm with @kayahtik polka dot is just MEH. Which is heart-breaking because I ADORE multi-coloured polka dot stuff, so how dare they make this paint brush anything less than unbelievably cute! *shakes fist* Hopefully there's other people out there who totally love it though, such a waste of polka dots if there isn't!

Maractite looks pretty good though, got to agree about the fur texture, but I'll admit that the main thing that I like about it is how the pretty pattern on the belly looks like a sweater. :laugh:

Outfit's pretty nice. "royal adviser", fair enough. Wonder if the silver cup is the monarch being advised to drink the poison. :lmaosmiley:

I love both the colours! The polka dot is I think the best polka dot pet that's around currently; mostly because they did not polkadot the face and the belly. That causes it to look more calm as opposed to earlier polka dot pets. Also, the colour of the mane really fits the colours of the dots. I also like the pastel colouring of the nose and eyes. The pet really looks like a real life toy I'd buy! Very cute.

The maractite is also stunning. The body part looks like if the pet is wearing armour (e.g., his arm) because of the relief/ depth effect of the swirls. The face, again is less crowded with swirls. I also like that they went with less swirly but more angular forms in the face. The manes are- just wow. A combination of metal/ water/ ice texture? It looks so beautiful! The artist really outdid him/ herself with the details!

I was never much interested in yurbles colour-wise, but these colours (and the maraquan manatee yurble) make me want to have one!

For the outfit: I like the concept, especially the traditional Russian clothing vibe with the shirt. The pose of the yurble/ its manes/ the dark colours of the clothes do not make the details you see on the individual clothes shine when looking at the dressed yurble. Also, I would have liked to see a head piece, like a hat or wig (or glasses or a moustache ;)). And I feel as if the chalice is a reference to something, but I don't understand it- anyone does?

2 hours ago, Josi said:

And I feel as if the chalice is a reference to something, but I don't understand it- anyone does?

Hmm, you've got me wondering now...I didn't pick up on the Russian vibe before, the sun was shining in the window so I couldn't see all the details, but now I can see the items fully I see what you mean.

Makes me wonder if I wasn't so very far off with my previous comment about poison! one of the ways they tried to get rid of Rasputin was by poisoning him...