Terror Mountain Support Thread - AC XII (2017)

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!

Alright! This is the official TDN Terror Mountain support thread for AC XII! Games start tomorrow, 1 June, so start warming up your AC gaming skills! Please feel free to post your goals for this year's AC, frustrations, excitement, or to avoid going crazy after playing endless hours of the same AC games. (I'm looking at you, Yooyu Ball :shiftyeyes_anim:). We are hear to cheer you on. We'll laugh together, cry together, get angry together, and get excited together!

So, as I done last year, here is today's motivational song.  Yeah, I know, the connection is weak, but by Day 5 of the AC, it just might become your theme song :wink:!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17QQcK4l6Yw

WooHoo! I am ready to RUUUMMMBBBLLLEEEEE with ya, brotha!

This year will be fun!

That video was cute! ^_^

Not off to the start I was hoping. Definitely rusty with YooYu Ball, this year. Made it to Rank 1, but it is getting late, for me, to keep going, for today. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better. Since today is Day 1 of the AC, here is today's song:

EDIT: 2 June 2017

Day 2 of the AC and it's a Friday! Woo-Hoo! I like Fridays! So, here is today's motivational song, while "plugging away" at those AC games. What can I say?! Friday I'm in love (with AC)!:

EDIT EDIT: 3 June, AC Day 3

Alright, tough day yesterday. It looks like we lost in all 4 games to Roo Island. Those crazy Rooligans! Anyhow, I'm working towards Rank 3. My goal is one rank a day. How are the rest of you doing? I posted today's motivational song in the "Neutral Territory" thread, posted here: https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/48502-neutral-territory-thread-ɔ˘⌣˘˘⌣˘˘⌣˘-c-all-teams-welcome/. It seemed the right thing to do and a good place for it, since we (TDN) are all one team. I hope everyone has a great Neo and Altador Cup day!

Hello! This is my first post on this forum, I've only used TDN for dailies and looking up Neo-related stuff, but I wanted to come on here and say go Terror Mountain!  

This is my first AC and i'm not that great at the games, but i'll try and give it my best shot! Good luck everyone! :3

I was looking at our results from yesterday, and confused by the 1-0 in Make Some Noise (you don't see many scores of 1 or 0). So I looked at all Make Some Noise scores from yesterday...

533c29b1-3d02-467a-8c9d-ca5663b3e9d0_zps

I can't help but laugh. There must be some kind of glitch. Only 1's, 0's and 43's. XD (Even with the ACG on Roo Island this year, these scores make no sense whatsoever. Poor RI though, being stuck with an ACG makes winning a whole lot less fun.)

Hey! @TokaValencia and @Nielo glad to see you post here, and glad to see more Terror Mountain players! Awesome! Don't be shy to post. We're all friendly here.

Yesterday, I made Rank 3. Today, going for Rank 4.

Without further adieu, here is today's motivational song. Just gotta change the chorus up a bit:

Well it's pennants, and hats,

It's background "mattes",

It's the roar of a Make Some Noise crowd.

It's the white in your knuckles,

Hoping your fingers don't buckle,

Tryin' to get the next Rank down.

It's slushies slung, It's yooyuballs flung,

It's Shootout Showdown goals abound, It's hoping your team get gold,

Before you get tired and it starts to feel "old",

And they call the thing Altador Cup...

Wow! @Scoobert_Doo You're almost to Rank 4? That's awesome!! I just made it to rank 2 tonight.. :stun:

I seemed to get a lot of Darigan and Faerie Yooyu's during my games today. They sure do waste a lot of time jumping all over the place!

I hope everyone is good so far! :D 

58 minutes ago, TokaValencia said:

Wow! @Scoobert_Doo You're almost to Rank 4? That's awesome!! I just made it to rank 2 tonight.. :stun:

I seemed to get a lot of Darigan and Faerie Yooyu's during my games today. They sure do waste a lot of time jumping all over the place!

I hope everyone is good so far! :D 

Congratz on Rank 2! Good job! I just made it to Rank 5, tonight. Trying for a rank a day. We'll see how long I go. I got a late start. I am burned out, for today. And, yes, those Darigan Yooyus are rough! I had a game where the first was a regular yooyu, and I scored, but the second was Darigan. Let's just say the score was 1-0. I couldn't believe I went over 2 minutes with it! So, here is today's motivational song. Kind of silly, but after playing for a few hours, it does feel like 9 in the afternoon...

I always start out trying for a rank a day as well, but only ever manage to do that the first 4 days. The requirements for the first 4 ranks line up perfectly with the amount of games I'm willing/able to play during the AC, but after that... :upsidedown:

Btw, a tip for people who struggle with the Faerie Yooyu: what always works for me is walking as close to the goal as possible while holding it, then shooting it with quite some strength. When it only needs to travel a short distance, it usually won't swerve much.

4 hours ago, Nielo said:

I always start out trying for a rank a day as well, but only ever manage to do that the first 4 days. The requirements for the first 4 ranks line up perfectly with the amount of games I'm willing/able to play during the AC, but after that... :upsidedown:

Btw, a tip for people who struggle with the Faerie Yooyu: what always works for me is walking as close to the goal as possible while holding it, then shooting it with quite some strength. When it only needs to travel a short distance, it usually won't swerve much.

Thank you!! Charging the shot and getting close to the goal helped a ton. :D 

I only got to Rank 1 yesterday :upsidedown: I was hoping to get some more done today, but nope :crying_anim:

This was pretty cool...I did not know you could get this bonus while playing the AC:

Something has happened!
premium_lucky_charm.gif Wow! Aren't you lucky?! Your Neopoint reward has been doubled from 1000 NP to 2000 NP! What in the world could have caused that to happen?

Close Window

Ok. Yesterday, was kinda nice, not playing and all. But, today is Day 8, and now I have a rank to make up. As I need to get "fired up", here is today's song... (I just love this song)

How are rest of you Terror Mounties doing? Been reaching goals? Almost there? Need support?

So far i think I've been doing alright! :D

I just got to Rank 6 tonight and currently trying to play more Slushie Slinger & Make Some Noise. ( I haven't played much of those two :upsidedown: )

@TokaValencia It looks like you are doing alright, too! Rank 6! Good job! But I bet you are at least rank 7, if not 8, by now. Keep it up! I've been trying to make up, since the practice day. Unfortunately, I didn't play much the day after. So, I am trying to get caught up. As today is Day 10, I just make it to Rank 8. Still two ranks behind. Going to try and keep going for a bit. Here is today's song:

Playing Meridell Brightvale in Yooyuball, today. Those guys use a different formation, and, it is a little trickier with the formation I use. More stealing of the yooyu. Grr! Well, I gotta get at least Rank 9 today, so I must keep going. Here is today's song. Even though I may have selected it last year, it still is good. Gonna dedicate it to @midnight_spell360, who is hoping to go All-Star this year. You do have the "music" in you. And an AC lesson for us all, "you get what you give"...

On 6/8/2017 at 10:40 AM, tk421beth said:

This was pretty cool...I did not know you could get this bonus while playing the AC:

Something has happened!
premium_lucky_charm.gif Wow! Aren't you lucky?! Your Neopoint reward has been doubled from 1000 NP to 2000 NP! What in the world could have caused that to happen?

Close Window

I didn't know you could get that either.  I am going to play like crazy now trying to get that.  LOL.

I finally made it to level 8 a few minutes ago. I am trying hard to make it to level 9 by midnight tonight.

I made it to level 7 last year, but I want to blow my old score away! LOL, I thought I was level 8 last year (I just checked) ^_^

So, WooHoo! I beat my last years score! :dance:

I hope everyone has a fantastic day! Goooooooooooooo TM!!!!

1 hour ago, tk421beth said:

I finally made it to level 8 a few minutes ago. I am trying hard to make it to level 9 by midnight tonight.

I made it to level 7 last year, but I want to blow my old score away! LOL, I thought I was level 8 last year (I just checked) ^_^

So, WooHoo! I beat my last years score! :dance:

I hope everyone has a fantastic day! Goooooooooooooo TM!!!!

Congrats! :D

I'm trying to beat last year's score as well, but I made it to level 12, and I doubt I'm going to reach 13 this year. I'm hoping to make it to at least 12 again though.

On 6/16/2017 at 0:02 PM, Nielo said:

Congrats! :D

I'm trying to beat last year's score as well, but I made it to level 12, and I doubt I'm going to reach 13 this year. I'm hoping to make it to at least 12 again though.

I know you can do it! Keep at it! Today's song is for you:

EDIT: 17 June 2017 - Day 17 of AC. Still hangin' in there. Working towards Rank 14 and maxing out yooyuball (46 games daily). Getting tedious, but I still have "fight" left in me, so here is today's song:

@Scoobert_Doo I love your daily team songs. Thank you for posting them! :D 

Yesterday I was able to get 13 goals in, my highest before was 11. I was really happy about that!! So far I haven't been able to master the keyboard controls (I have a really hard time switching to the goalie) So using the mouse to play works better for me. 

Something funny I've noticed in recent games is sometimes when I'm about to shoot in a goal, one of the players on the opposite team is standing still staring at the wall. Does this happen to anyone else? :laugh:

Just made it to Rank 9! I am catching up, whew!

I am hoping there will be no more rest days!!!

GO TM!!!