Krawk Island Support Thread Altador Cup XII (2017)

So where are my fellow Pirates? ogrin_raised.gif Where they at? Where they at? krawk_pirate_sword.gifI don't want to be all alone, I only made it to Rank 2 so far, so I need my KI Buddies to tell me that losing to VirtuPets in YYB , SS, and MSN (we only won SOSD) :sad02: was a fluke! Right? :nod_yes:  Anyway, I need to hear some other Pirates who are out there kicking yooyu butts yooyu_fall.gif!

Go Krawk Island!  I'm not the best yooyu ball player around (in fact, I've always gotten the lowest ranking in the cup every year prior) but this is the first year I'm actually trying, and also the first year that I joined KI! 

I drew a Garvin to celebrate my new team! ;w;

garvin halesm.jpg

@Rometus Amazing Picture! :rock:Like I was telling jellysundae on the Neutral Board, AC should be fun, so do what you can & don't stress. :nod_yes: If you can only play the 3 games for np, then that's what you can do. I am terrible at controlling that Bori Captain/Goalie of ours! I never have figured out how to switch to him before the other team shoots the Yooyu around him. But that is a real cool drawing of him. You should submit it to the Neopian Times or an Art Contest that JS/TNT do. If you do, I'd vote for it! :speak_cool:

I am horrible at all of the games, I get about 8 goals per YYB but sometimes the other team will have 1 or 2 goals (if they get 3 goals, I restart bc I'm so embarrassed :blush02: ). I can only get into the 500 points range for Slushie Slinger (a fluke got me in 600 range but highly unlikely I'd do that again). I like the SOSD but my highest there is only 1,161- not even close to the KI full-on devotees that max all these games everyday. Oh, my MSN scores are even more sickly, 6415 was my highest but I mostly range from 4000-5500. But, I can shoot for All-Star even with these dismal scores :laughingsmiley: bc it is suppose to be for fun!

1 hour ago, Rometus said:

I drew a Garvin to celebrate my new team! ;w;

Nice art skills you have there! I like your drawing style. :3

1 hour ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I never have figured out how to switch to him before the other team shoots the Yooyu around him.

You have no idea how happy this makes me! Yesterday when that @#£%&!! red nimmo was pwning me left, right and centre I was bemoaning my lack of ability to switch to the goalie in time!

I'm back to support KI again! I'm never a high scorer, but I'm pretty okay with being middle of pack XD I always have so much shenanigans going on when it's AC season. I'm aiming to get the stamp and hopefully all of the team-specific items, but we'll see how it goes :D

I'm back for Krawk Island again this year!
However, I'm not too much help seeing as I work full time and generally work 12 hour days :(
But I plan on at least getting in 100 games of SOSD a day since it's my favorite/best game, and playing enough of the other games at least enough to get to the halfway point of the next rank. 
So far I'm rank 5 so I think I'm doing fairly well. We just got to try our best Pirates :D

On 6/2/2017 at 10:43 PM, Spyke said:

I'm back to support KI again! I'm never a high scorer, but I'm pretty okay with being middle of pack XD I always have so much shenanigans going on when it's AC season. I'm aiming to get the stamp and hopefully all of the team-specific items, but we'll see how it goes :D

@Spyke I totally get wanting the stamp & team-specific items (see my Gallery) and am so happy to know there are more KI Supporters here at TDN! Welcome aboard!!!:thumbsup:

19 hours ago, khaotekk said:

So far I'm rank 5 so I think I'm doing fairly well. We just got to try our best Pirates :D

@khaotekk RANK 5??!!! :whaa: That's amazing!!! :speak_cool: I was just able to squeak in with Rank 4 at 12 NST time against Kreledor. How many times did you have Coco drag that Quiggle with the YYB to the goal? I did so many times I lost count. :laughingsmiley: Welcome aboard!! With your SOSD scores I feel like we have a chance at the Cup. :dance:

I sometimes got confused with the quiggle since he's technically a pirate pet even though he's no longer on KI team! I would be convinced I had the ball and then would realize it was the other team! :upsidedown:
I by far score with Dinksy the best! So far she's gotten me 382!

We may have lost last round Pirates, but don't give up! We're against the Citadel today! Let's show them what pirates are made out of! :D

KI is on FIRE!:lmaosmiley:       be_bullseye_flames.gif  We swept Kiko Lake!!!:ph34r:   We are some lucky Pirates!    Preview?imageID=71305415&text0=With%20a%20little%20bit%20of%20luck&text1=Krawk%20Island%20might%20win%20the%20Altador%20Cup%20XII

I am so happy :happydance:! I reached Rank 7 at 12 NST! :rock:  I hope this streak keeps going! Are you guys ready to take on Haunted Woods??!!! I just need some sleep right now.:sleeping:

I am only at Rank 5 :/ I am aiming for a rank per day right now. Which is a little difficult considering I'm not able to play every day due to work. I have only actually sent scores on three days so far. I will have to play catch up again here soon. Another couple days of work have arrived. 

My overall goal is rank 10. But my dream goal would be to match my highest rank I've ever gotten at 13. We shall see how it goes :) At the very least I will certainly be beating my rank from last year (6).

Hello, fellow Krawk Island teamer here! I don't really have a goal for this year's Altador Cup, as it's finals season for me and I don't have much time for flash games. I did want to at least reach Rank 1 so as to get the avi, but I reached that a couple of days ago. Now I'm just gonna lay low and play my 3 daily games of YYB and SS if I have some time to spare (or I really wanna procrastinate).

I was so excited last night at 12 NST time (2 am my time) - just managed to get to Rank 8 and saw we SWEPT Haunted Woods! I was beyond thrilled to learn that today was a JELLY DAY, a Day we normally sent minimum scores to play these annoying AC games quicker by ending those games at their minimum to be able to send a LOT of scores that wouldn't count against you which instead helped boost you in your Ranking....but the JELLY DAY is NO MORE!:sad02:

From my Guild Message Board, TKP: I just sent 3 1 goal scores for SOSD (14 np each one) and my 80 games did NOT change to 83.

Preview?imageID=2475876&text0=What%20do%20you%20mean&text1=we%20can%27t%20rank%20up%20on%20a%20AC%20jelly%20day%3F%3F!!

I made up for the days I spent at work by capping my scores for YYB for two days in a row and by capping SOSD one day. I've gotten to rank 9, which is on point with what I wanted for one rank per day. I'll spend the next three days at work, so I'll be falling behind again. Very close to my minimum goal of rank 10 though! I'm sure I'll make that, so I'll be trying to match my best rank ever of 13 and re-evaluating my goal again after I get there :) I doubt I'll be able to make up for the days spent at work this time, so I likely won't be able to make one rank per day happen anymore XD Super bummed about the practice team scores not counting toward our ranks. I was relying on those days with my plans, so I'll have to recalculate.

On 3 June 2017 at 0:38 AM, jellysundae said:

Nice art skills you have there! I like your drawing style. :3

You have no idea how happy this makes me! Yesterday when that @#£%&!! red nimmo was pwning me left, right and centre I was bemoaning my lack of ability to switch to the goalie in time!

Oh man... I'm using the keyboard controls and I usually switch to him in time to run in the completely wrong direction, leaving an open goal for the opponent to shoot into!

Then again, I'm currently only Rank 2 :arrowhead:

@jatex At least you're playing! We swept Maraqua yesterday & Faerieland the day before that, how lucky can the Pirates be? :biggrin:

1qno8l.jpgGood luck PIRATES :skull:! SWEEP Meridell and leave them stunned & :confused:

50 minutes ago, jatex said:

Oh man... I'm using the keyboard controls and I usually switch to him in time to run in the completely wrong direction, leaving an open goal for the opponent to shoot into!

Then again, I'm currently only Rank 2 :arrowhead:

Rank 2 buddy!

One of my stellar AC "skills" is, instead of clicking the mouse to successfully snatch the ball from an opponent, what I ACTUALLY manage to do is grab it then promptly fling it away again!

:arrowhead: for me too!

Well, Pirates- looks like the *magic* has faded, the spell fell off and we lost a lot of AC games to Meridell :crying_anim:.  1qp2ji.jpg 

We ill just have to pull ourselves together and game on! 

Carry on:   *Also, I apologize to my fellow Pirates. I got zapped by a wicked flu virus-so I didn't play up to my potential. I am at Rank 11, but hope to get that corrected today! We are against MOLTARA            scorchio_angry.gifand lets get that YYB in the net for some major goals against them today! Lol :laughingsmiley:

Jun 12th

VICTORY over MOLTARA!! :dance: I can't believe we swept them. If you look at the standings, we are tied with TM, MQ, & DC for 4th place only having won 7 games.:blush02: On the Bright Side, I managed to get to Rank 13! :heart: Come on, Pirates! :skull: I for the WIN! Yooyu On!! Make Some Noise (who ever heard of a quiet Pirate?)!!

Sling those Slushies like you're hoping they'll knock over those Nimmos, Tonus, & Peophins!! and definitely Shoot Out that Jelly Goalie (he's asking for a fight, and what Pirate resists a fight?)!! Good Luck to everyone in their playing & Ranking!:P

Jun 13th :tired: Tired and heading to bed, but first:

pirateship_sailing.gifKI Pirates, I salute you! While Lost Desert may have taken YYB & SOSD :crying_anim:, take :heart: bc we took Slushie Slinger & Make Some Noise! (I knew that Tuskaninny has some "wench" in her! :D ).  We are tied again for 4th place but buck up me hearties, Tyrannia is our treasure to steal and they are at the bottom, so let's sweep them away! :snitch: *No offense to Tyrannia, I'm sure you will try your best but I really DO hope we sweep you!* bori_writing.gif I also managed to get to Rank 14!!!:rock:

Another Jelly Day :c And it was another day I had planned on playing. This is not good for me at all. I got sick and was unable to play on the twelfth, so I was planning on playing to make up for it on the thirteenth and fourteenth. Bummer. I've made rank 10, and am a good portion of the way to rank 11, but will be significantly held back now. I'll be doing really well to make rank 13, I think. Keep fighting, pirates!

wocky_pirate_jumping.gifCalling ALL Pirates!!We are up against Altador today, Jun 15th and we need all hands on deck! So get your game face on ogrin_scowl.gif 

160_krawkisland.jpg   and join in the fun to get the GOLD treasurechest_sparkling.gif!  Whatever you can manage, just do your best! Rally round the Jolly Roger bc Kis out for another SWEEP!

On 6/14/2017 at 2:46 AM, Spyke said:

Keep fighting, pirates!

This is our Battle Cry!!! On to victory!

JUN 16th VICTORY!!! We swept ALTADOR :happydance:but this is far from over. AGAIN! Calling ALL Pirates!!!We are up against MYSTERY ISLAND today, Jun 16th and we need all hands on deck!deckswabber_bounce.gifLet's do it again, mateys! I really need your help bc we are in the last 10 days of Ramadan, which tend to mean that I have less time for playing (on odd nights I'll be staying with my dad at the mosque for Layul-tul-Qadr or Night of Power and not using my computer). So do your best! I willtry to do what I can! :rambo:

JUN 17th 2017   VICTORY over MYSTERY ISLAND !!! PIRATES SWEPT the NATIVES!!!

So can someone explain why the Standings look like this:

If my "screenshot" of my standings shows up here, it shows Tyrannia in 1st, Kiko Lake in 2nd, Mystery Island in 3rd, and Krawk Island in 4th, with Faerieland in 5th, and Brightvale in 6th. We swept TY & MI (and even ALTADOR) so I don't get the Bracket standings?o_O I think we should be in a tie for 3rd place with MQ having 11 wins.

Anyway, today we are up against TERROR MOUNTAIN! As Spyke has said: KEEP FIGHTING PIRATES! Don't let these ICY HILLBILLIES ICE the PIRATES :skull: out of our chance for the CUPkrawkisland_1.gif ! *No offense is meant to TM TDN Buddies, it is meant in clean fun. :snitch: Remember, we're Pirates! :wink:

KI Standings Jun 17 2017.png

Leveled up to 11 yesterday and 12 today. Had to max out SOSD to make it happen today, since I had limited time. Hoping that tomorrow I will be able to max both SOSD and YYB. Then back to work :/ Seems like 13 might be where I finish this year! I'll totally take that, but I'll be pushing to try to do better. Keep going! One more week, y'all!

14 hours ago, Zafie said:

I'm back again to support Krawk Island and am far beyond reaching a rank.

Hey, Zafie! Welcome to KSupport Thread! Every Pirate and Pirate Supporters are welcome! We still have at least 6 days of games, so you could probably get past Ranks 1 & 2 without too much trouble. The higher Ranks have been brutal in the time and effort you need to put in for those Ranks.:crying_anim: But no worries, giving your best is exactly the way to go!

And no for a little sad news, TERROR MOUNTAIN beat us at YYB :ohno01:, SS:sad:, and SOSD:sad01_anim:! We only got MSN:nod_yes:(I played 110 games yesterday, so I feel better for that investment!).

Ok PIRATES! No use in blubbering our fool heads over this set back flotsam_baby_tantrum.gif, we know what we got to do! wocky_pirate_jumping.gifCalling ALL Pirates!!We are up against ROO ISLAND today, Jun 18th and we need all hands on deck! Lets kick those YYB butts into the goal, SLING SLUSHIES till that Tuskaninny drops, MAKE SOME NOISE to raise the ROOF, and SHOOT that YYB past that land-lubbing JELLY GOALIE to send his head spinning! scorchio_angry.gifCome on PIRATES! WE CAN DO THIS! 

12 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Hey, Zafie! Welcome to KSupport Thread! Every Pirate and Pirate Supporters are welcome! We still have at least 6 days of games, so you could probably get past Ranks 1 & 2 without too much trouble. The higher Ranks have been brutal in the time and effort you need to put in for those Ranks.:crying_anim: But no worries, giving your best is exactly the way to go!

And no for a little sad news, TERROR MOUNTAIN beat us at YYB :ohno01:, SS:sad:, and SOSD:sad01_anim:! We only got MSN:nod_yes:(I played 110 games yesterday, so I feel better for that investment!).

Ok PIRATES! No use in blubbering our fool heads over this set back flotsam_baby_tantrum.gif, we know what we got to do! wocky_pirate_jumping.gifCalling ALL Pirates!!We are up against ROO ISLAND today, Jun 18th and we need all hands on deck! Lets kick those YYB butts into the goal, SLING SLUSHIES till that Tuskaninny drops, MAKE SOME NOISE to raise the ROOF, and SHOOT that YYB past that land-lubbing JELLY GOALIE to send his head spinning! scorchio_angry.gifCome on PIRATES! WE CAN DO THIS! 

Thanks soo much for the motivation! I'll do my best to help the team ^^

Made it to 13 by maxing SOSD again. I might be able to get one or two more days of play in before the end of the cup depending on if we have another jelly day and when that is, so I'll try to push to 14! Everything I'm getting from this point forward is extra from my original goals, so I'm pretty pleased. Just hope I have enough points for the things I want from the prize shop~