Neutral Territory thread (Ɔ˘⌣˘)(˘⌣˘)˘⌣˘ C) All teams welcome

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

if i played 20 games per day for the upcoming 17 days ... that's 340 more games

Keep in mind that the cup ends on the 25th this year, and there are 2 more break days (no points earned) still to come. If I'm counting correctly, there are only 11 playing days left in the AC this year. 

You still have plenty of time to beat last year's number of yyb games though. Good luck!

8 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

the cup ends on the 25th this year, and there are 2 more break days (no points earned) still to come. If I'm counting correctly, there are only 11 playing days left in the AC this year. 

i thought it ends on the first of July

in this case i should play more ... im trying to rank up to at least 17

14 hours ago, Angeló said:

i thought it ends on the first of July

No, apparently it's been shortened this year. I don't remember how long it went on last year, but according to the rules page: 

The Altador Cup schedule is as follows:
5/15-5/24 Tournament pre-event
5/25-5/31    Practice Round
5/25-6/06 Team sign-ups are open
6/01-6/25 Tournament play takes place
7/1 Y19 Altador Cup champions are announced and the Prize Shop opens

So heads up for anyone who needs to re-work their playing schedules to account for this!

10 hours ago, kayahtik said:

No, apparently it's been shortened this year. I don't remember how long it went on last year, but according to the rules page: 

The Altador Cup schedule is as follows:
5/15-5/24 Tournament pre-event
5/25-5/31    Practice Round
5/25-6/06 Team sign-ups are open
6/01-6/25 Tournament play takes place
7/1 Y19 Altador Cup champions are announced and the Prize Shop opens

So heads up for anyone who needs to re-work their playing schedules to account for this!

Oooooooooooooooooh crud, this is really bad for me. First they take out the practice days for personal ranks and now they end it almost a week earlier? This stinks!

4 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Oooooooooooooooooh crud, this is really bad for me. First they take out the practice days for personal ranks and now they end it almost a week earlier? This stinks!

cirrus_grey_rain.gif I was 1 GAME away from Rank 15! I was finishing my YYB game against Tyrannia, and was going to cap out & be done, when the Red Message of Doom appeared where my score should have been posted with the note about not getting neopoints but I could still play SHOULD have been BUT NOOOO! There was an error in being able to post this score and I should try again! :crying_anim: Try again? :grrr: It is now a worthless JELLY DAY ! And I can not try again to get that game to Rank Up today. :hmmph:  krawk_grey_tear.gif 

Oh well, it is the Life! :tired: QUESTION TO EVERYONE: WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THIS JUNE 14th NON-RANKING JELLY DAY?

lost_isle_jubjub.gif Maybe I will "hit the books" & work on my Summer Reading Projects...    gadgad_dancing.gifMaybe just relax my fingers, wrists, & eyes from too much screen time :whaa:o_O

Or kacheek_island_pineapple.gif Just relax and catch up lost sleep.    I will try to NOT think about my NOT Ranking Up   ie_kacheek_sayingno.gif. What will you do TDN Buddies?

Your posts make me smile @midnight_spell360 your personality comes through clearly. Rank 15 nearly? You are steaming along! I'm about half-way to Rank 3 >_<

I might play in my "day off" thread and give all the Shenkuu team members some activities around Altador.

I also have laundry to do. Can I take the excitement? :ohno01: we'll see! xD

I didn't really spent my day any differently. I only have time to play games in the evening, because I was at work all day, so I guess that instead of reaching Rank 9 (which I'd intended to do today - cleverly forgetting about bye days), I'll play some Mario Kart 8 instead. :/

[rant](While being annoyed about not being able to rank up. And also be annoyed at some of the people at the neoboards, who are very enthusiastically applauding this useless bye day, since they feel we all need a forced day off to do other stuff and take the pressure off. Or something. I'm assuming they're the people who max at least one game every day; and while I'm happy for the people who feel relieved by this day off, I still think it's mostly annoying, since I'm not going to magically have more time on other days to make up for the games I can't play today.)[/rant]

12 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

QUESTION TO EVERYONE: WHAT WILL YOU DO ON THIS JUNE 14th NON-RANKING JELLY DAY?

Honestly I didn't know it was a practice today and it feels legit like a snow day! Gonna hang out with my friend for a while (which I would have done either way but now I don't lose game time), do some cleaning (fun!) and enjoy the break.

i'll be Rank 13 later tonight , hopefully , i think  im getting carpal tunnel :P

so do you guys play from Left to Right --> or from <-- Right to Left ? I'm left-handed so i play from R->L , but i played a couple times the opposite way , i found running straight forward and shooting easier but shooting with angles was impossible .. unlike the way i'm used to .. anyway i scored the usual amount of goals but i was seriously strained after ..

12 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I'm left-handed so i play from R->L

I'm right-handed and I also play R -> L
I've tried playing the other way a few times, and it's not horrible, but I'm just more used to the way I already play and I don't see any reason to change it. Not sure why I chose R -> L in the first place, but it's been working well enough for me!

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I'm right-handed and play left to right, lol.

I can't manage right to left

AT. ALL.

@jellysundae Same!! I go left to right and CAN NOT manage right to left AT ALL! I thought it was bc I was learning Arabic and we read & write it left to right, which seemed pretty "natural" for me!:laughingsmiley:

@Angeló Way to go bro! You'll be at Rank 13 tonight, iA! I am hoping to get to Rank 17 but have 33 more YYB games (which I already used up 10/46 daily), so more SS, MSN, & SOSD to balance it. :rambo:

@belacqua64 AMAZING that you are at Rank 17 already! :rock:You rock! And I feel that you will reach All-Star this year or like me, nearly collapsing to do so. :tired::sleeping:

Good Luck everyone and make sure you check out your Staff Tournament Results & pick or keep your team!:wink: 

33 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:
2 hours ago, Angeló said:

i made Rank 13 

finally hit the silver shield

silver_yellowgem.png

Following in your footsteps, uh, er, youyuballs (?) and right behind you. Just made it to Rank 13.

I'm right behind you guys, I also just hit Rank 13!  :D

Looks like everyone is doing pretty well! I got to Rank 8 tonight, also the first night I've reached the Cap for YYB. No way I can make all-star this year, unless I do a massive amount of support games. Then MAYBE. Anyway, with the bonus points thing on YYB today, I had to go as hard as I could.

Also, I ALMOST... ALMOST got 17 goals! I had TWO games with 16 and 5 seconds left. What happened? I choked once, and the game seemed to hiccup the other time. You know, when your player with the YYB is going one way, and the game screen for some reason goes the other/behind you? Yeah, that distracted me JUST enough that the YYB was stolen and out of my reach before the whistle blew. I had ONE MORE chance in a 15-1 game, but the controls didn't respond properly that time, I almost had it in, but the correction was just like, a tenth of a second too late and the Whistle blew! Since I've capped out on YYB for the night, I'll have to wait until tomorrow if I want to try again, and have it count IF I can do achieve it. As some of you know, that's been my goal for the last few ACs. To see what the actual in-game high score could possibly be. So far I have 8 games of 16 points to 0 this year. So I've been close. Just not quite lucky enough. But having 5 seconds remaining in a game with 16 points on the board is a new stepping stone! I've had 16 with 3 seconds left, which is much less time to score, though should be enough. but to improve to the point of having 2 extra seconds, shows improvement think. And besides, mathematically it's probably possible, maybe to get 18, but it's a LOT more FUN trying to do it practically. ;)

Anyway, I may not reach All-Star, but this makes my AC ventures feeling fairly successful for this year. I'll keep attempting 17, but now my main focus is prize points. lol A shame, I don't think they count goals in calculating prize points, or is that wrong? In the 240 games I've played, I've scored 2,957 goals. About 12.32 goals per game. Also a slight improvement I think over last year.

Anyway, best of luck with your AC goals everyone!

I should hit 15 today. Originally I was hoping for all-star but now I'd like to at least reach 17. I'm not sure how many days are left at this point but I think 1 practice day remains. To be honest though.. I just want the stamp more than anything. I'm still peeved I only did silver in the last event and missed out on the Chadley stamp :(

8 hours ago, charelan said:

I should hit 15 today. Originally I was hoping for all-star but now I'd like to at least reach 17. I'm not sure how many days are left at this point but I think 1 practice day remains. To be honest though.. I just want the stamp more than anything. I'm still peeved I only did silver in the last event and missed out on the Chadley stamp :(

If you've got enough points for the AC shop, you could get 2 stamps and then trade for the Chadley stamp perhaps? Good luck getting to rank 17!

9 hours ago, charelan said:

AC ends on the 25th, so, if my math is correct, that makes 8 more days. And, as you mentioned, 1 more practice day. So, really, 7 more days left. I, too, missed out on the stamp, last year. I was so disappointed that I never bothered to go back to the AC prize shop, until I saw hrtbrk's post (Altador Cup Prize Shop Closing May 12th!). Good luck!

16 minutes ago, Angeló said:

apparently i've been playing sls WRONG all these years

There is a way to play Slushie Slinger that is NOT tedious and BORING???!!!:whaa: Please share ! :wub_anim: That tuskaninny 4.png(How she moves!!!) is the bane of my existence and if there is a tip that would help me not drop slushies or play smart-please tell! :ph34r: