Neutral Territory thread (Ɔ˘⌣˘)(˘⌣˘)˘⌣˘ C) All teams welcome

2 hours ago, Angeló said:

Rank 14 now

maxed out SoSD

and apparently i've been playing sls WRONG all these years .. that's why it's so tedious and boring to me !!

*taps Angeló on the shoulder* Still right behind you. Just made Rank 14, too. If there is a tip/secret to playing Slushie Slinger, I'd like to know, too. I find yooyuball more exciting than it.

ok guys ! HERE'S THE TIP !!

Apparently you should let your customers "stack up" at the start of the game before you start serving them .. it'll yield shorter drinking time the closer the customer is to you .. and you won't be running from top to bottom collecting empty cups ... and you score faster points .. i went from zero to 65 in like 15 seconds ..  

this is why lots of players got frozen or flagged , bcz they would let the game run alone for a minute while customers pile up , and they go play sosd or msn / which is disallowed in the rules as JS lately informed us .. 

I get nervous when there are lots of huffing customers. When they stack up, I tend to just grab the slushie that's at the end of that row and give it to all the customers on that strip. Is that a bad strategy? I know you get less points but it's better than dropping slushies and running around & missing customers. What is a decent score for SS? If 270-300 is the bare minimum, would scores in 500+ be ok to send for your team? Thanks!

Slushie Slinger, I like it I guess, but it goes from slow-going, then it goes at an ok steady pace for a short bit, but then it gets fast almost too quickly. At least it has Peophin in it. I think it was the first game I saw that had any peophin in it, YYB too though, the Kiko Lake team's goalie. lol

10 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

There is a way to play Slushie Slinger that is NOT tedious and BORING???!!!:whaa:

I for one don't believe in the existence of this :laughingsmiley:

8 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

*taps Angeló on the shoulder* Still right behind you.

That's not creepy at all Scoobert, nope. :ph34r:

7 hours ago, Angeló said:

this is why lots of players got frozen or flagged , bcz they would let the game run alone for a minute while customers pile up , and they go play sosd or msn / which is disallowed in the rules as JS lately informed us .. 

Not that I'd ever be coordinated enough to pull off 2 games at once but this would be against the rules? 

8 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

What is a decent score for SS? If 270-300 is the bare minimum, would scores in 500+ be ok to send for your team? Thanks!

honestly i just a score of 300+ .. i once made it to 409 (i was going for 404 as in Error 404 but i just over-fed one customer)

1 hour ago, charelan said:

but this would be against the rules? 

yes it's definitely against the rules 

8 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I tend to just grab the slushie that's at the end of that row and give it to all the customers on that strip. Is that a bad strategy?

nope that's what i do 

42 minutes ago, Midgetlegs said:

Is the 25th the last day of play, or is it the day that it's over? I'm counting it as a play day and I don't want to be unpleasantly surprised right at the end.

According to the "rules", the AC ends on the 25th of June, at 11:59:59 pm NST. So, the 25th is the last day of play.

19 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! I DID IT! I managed 17 Goals in a single game!!

Hide contents

that's awesome .. my HS is still 15 - 0 ... i always choke in the last two seconds 

5 minutes ago, Angeló said:

LOL I did too. the other day, I had 2 games of 16 with 5 seconds left, and failed on both. Before that, in previous years, I've had 16 with 3 seconds to try and score, obviously those were failures as well. This time, I managed to somehow have 12 seconds left to score the 17th goal. Instead of going for the 2-second shorter, risky route, I took the 3 second longer, but safer route.

Keep trying! I think this is my 6th year since I started playing the AC again, and I remember when I thought 10 goals was the best I could do. It's taken me all these years long to get to a single game of 17! Even though I probably won't do well for prize points, I feel mostly like I've accomplished something even though All-Star is out of reach this year. :) Although it's surprising I would reach that, pardon the pun, goal, against Kiko Lake. Since Maraqua has a Kiko on it's team, he sometimes gets camouflaged, with the kikos from Kiko Lake. lol Makes it a little confusing sometimes. ;)

I don't know what advice I could offer specifically. If you're scoring 15-0, then you've probably got your timing pretty much down to scoring every 2-3 seconds, not counting Darigan, Mutant or Faerie Yooyus interfering.

Here's some of my approach, maybe it will have something you could try? I use the 1-3 formation, going right to left, and using the arrow keys and space bar for controls. Elon, Maraqua's forward, generally gets the scoring done, because the other players can sometimes seem to "fight" for control when they get too close to the Yooyu. I like to keep them in the backfield. Sometimes it's useful to have a different formation, but I don't typically change from the 1-3 formation. Just keep a quick eye out for about how long your goals are taking. I tend to do pretty well in the first minute of play, 6 goals, the max, in the first minute. Scoring at 2 seconds each, and then 8 seconds after each score is deducted. from the clock for whatever reason. You should be able to get 5 or 6 within the first minute, and with luck, during the second minute as well, though I tend to mess up or get a little sloppy during the second minute. LOL Then I usually do ok in the final minute.

If you don't mind if I spin a theory real quick... Though HIGHLY unlikely, I think 18 is theoretically possible. Since 6 goals is possible during each of the first 2 minutes on the game clock. If you could get a goal in 1 second, (Fire Yooyu + Enlargement Power-Up) and shoot instantly without missing or getting blocked, that would leave you, about 3 seconds at 17-0, that should, in theory be enough time to score an 18th goal. But you'd need a lot of luck, robot-like precision, and the luck of getting a Fire Yooyu and Enlargement power-up, close enough that you could score with only using 1 second according to the game clock. I've tried going for a goal with 2 seconds left on the clock, and it can't reach the net in time. But with 3 seconds on the clock? It MIGHT be possible.

Anyway, best of luck with your scoring Angelo! You and everyone who strives to improve their game. No matter how far we go or what we accomplish, there is always room for improvement, so don't let it get you down if it's not as fast as you'd like. LOL I'm pretty impatient, but after these years of trying, I'll enjoy the fruit of reaching one of my goals, but that just means I have to keep practicing, see if I can improve enough to be more consistent with scoring. ;)

11 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Instead of going for the 2-second shorter, risky route, I took the 3 second longer, but safer route.

Thanks for sharing your technique! I hope it helps me, my best game so far is 11-0 :blush:

Curious, what is your 3-second route? (I assume the 2-second is running up, getting the yooyu, and shooting immediately?)

6 hours ago, kayahtik said:

Thanks for sharing your technique! I hope it helps me, my best game so far is 11-0 :blush:

Curious, what is your 3-second route? (I assume the 2-second is running up, getting the yooyu, and shooting immediately?)

lol I hope so! 11-0 is not something to sneeze at though. You must have got a good grasp on playing and where to shoot from. :)

Actually, there are 2 main 2-second routes. 1st is grabbing the yooyu first, and then kind of circling up and then down just a bit. It's kind of like faking out the other teams lead forward, and it gives you time to charge up your guage to shoot when you get to aligned with the lower part of the center area. The diamond-like shaped area where the Yooyu appears. This works for the first 4 goals before the other team steps up their game. The 2nd 2-second route is waiting NEXT to the yooyu for other team to grab the ball, pressing space bar as soon as they have possession to steal the yooyu, and you RUN on the move so they hopefully don't steal it back as you run toward the goal. Firing as soon as you have enough of a charge.

My 3 second routes, are basically get above or below the yooyu, let the opponent grab it first, and then steal it. Continue running up or down, you can go to the wall if you wish, and then turn and head toward the goal, all while charging of course. Then either aim diagonally so the yooyu goes directly toward the goal, or if you don't think you can get far enough over to do a direct angle shot, bounce the yooyu off the wall that you're running along to move it a bit forward before it bounces toward the goal. If you're along the bottom wall and using the arrows, you would press down and the right arrow.

Since it's hard to tell at first where the good spots are to shoot at the goal you'll have to discover the exact areas for yourself, and then get accustomed enough to them that you can mostly get to them and shoot with very little thinking. I've gotten some of my best scores, including the 17-0 score, while I was on the phone. It's pretty mindless work, but it's good to be able to react to times when the opponents actually do something SMART to steal the ball or even score a goal against you. As your score goes higher, they get more devious. ;)

Also, you don't always need to have the charge gauge full. Sometimes a fully charged yooyu will bounce off the wall when you'd think it should've gone straight in. Sometimes a weaker charged shot from the same position will actually roll in once it's no longer airborne. Just stuff that you get to figure out yourself through trial and error. Shooting from the dead center of the field though, the goalie would have a pretty easy time stopping that shot.

One other tip, if it's man-to-man coverage and it looks like the ball might be stolen from you. Shoot it toward an isolated area with no other players near it, if possible. Sometimes the opponent will break off pursuit or act a little confused, because you don't have the ball anymore.

These routes also require a fair bit of luck, and depending on the opponents formation may be more or less effective. A 1-3 formation is particularly annoying when firing from center field or further away, as there are 3 players you cannot see before you shoot, just like the goal cannot be seen for most of these routes. A 2-2 formation against you, is a little tricky too for stealing the yooyu right after they get it. Because you've got to watch the 2nd forward.

Also, I thought I would include the link for TDN's Yooyuball game guide. There are screenshots of the field and other tips that look pretty useful too. :)

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/neopets-games/yooyuball/
Best of luck all!

there is a glitch

you can rank up normally today

however the YYB was not updated 

im not playing YYB bcz it'll probably not count towards my team and i'm scared of being frozen for whatever TNT stupid reason 

but i'm working on the side games 

14 minutes ago, Angeló said:

there is a glitch

you can rank up normally today

however the YYB was not updated 

im not playing YYB bcz it'll probably not count towards my team and i'm scared of being frozen for whatever TNT stupid reason 

but i'm working on the side games 

Thanks for the info! I will adopt your strategy and play side games. 

Edit: this is an unintentional double-post and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete one or combine them. Moderators, is there anything you can do?

Edited by charelan
double post - asking for assistance to fix

7 minutes ago, Midgetlegs said:

Should be hitting all-star today. I didn't realize, though, that reaching all-star doesn't necessarily mean I'll be able to get the top prize in the shop. 

Oh yeah, I remember people mentioning that before, the top prize really is a pretty exclusive thing for the double/triple all-star crazy people, lol.

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Oh yeah, I remember people mentioning that before, the top prize really is a pretty exclusive thing for the double/triple all-star crazy people, lol.

Kinda seems like they should either make it harder to get all-star, or just acknowledge ranks beyond it. Reaching the highest rank should earn top prizes. It just makes sense that way.

congrats to all who made it to All - Star 

i stopped at rank 18 .. i COULD have made it All Star but 18 has Shenkuu colors (Gold Shield on Red Gem) so i'm content :)

will play more tomorrow for more prize shop points 

Congrats all you all-stars!
I'm only going to reach Rank 12 this year. I still have to earn that tomorrow. Just need 18 more games.

But, I've managed to reach my most long-term goal, proving my theory that 17 goals in a single game is possible. And getting to rank 12, I'll be pretty content with my results this year. Of my 365 games played so far, 322 have had scores of 10 or higher. I just hope if there's a good weapon, that I can afford it from the prize shop. Or at least the stamp. Did pretty well with the Staff Tournament this year, maybe there will be some good prizes there this year. :)