Altador Cup XII Staff Tournament - Make Your Picks!

hrtbrk

Hmm, so has Country Queen quit Neo then? She kicks ass at YYB, I don't know who to pick this year.

Here's the links to the last 2 years staff results, to help you with this year's decision.

Year X

Year XI

9 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Hmm, so has Country Queen quit Neo then? She kicks ass at YYB, I don't know who to pick this year.

she didn't quit Neo .. she moved to another position .. 

First of all my out-of-date Neopian, this is officially Scrappy now. CQ has moved onto bigger and better things (within Neopia). 

8 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

My lineup this round is starting off with:

senormalo.png
Senor Malo
cherry-blossom.png
Cherry Blossom
kikocat.png
Kikokat
max-mutant.png
Max Mutant
binary-supagoo.png
Binary Supagoo

This is mine too. :nod_yes:

This lot definitely seem like the best option at the moment don't they, hopefully Kikocat hits her stride sooner this year.

Will be watching the new players closely though. :ph34r:

these are my guys .. idk but i think dj skellington did well last year ??

your-team-forwards.png your-team-defenders.png your-team-goalie.png
senormalo.png
"We're going to "heat" up this competition and take the win!"
dj-skellington.png
"Darkness shall spread over Neopia once again. The cup will depart the Haunted Woods NEVERMORE!"
axe-bond.png
"Don't play with fire!"
kikocat.png
"We may be The "Lost" Desert but after this years cup we will be known as The "Winner's" Desert!!"
beast-master.png
"The days of Meridell shall come again."

51 minutes ago, Angeló said:

senormalo.png
dj-skellington.png
"Darkness shall spread over Neopia once again. The cup will depart the Haunted Woods NEVERMORE!"
axe-bond.png
"Don't play with fire!"
kikocat.png
"We may be The "Lost" Desert but after this years cup we will be known as The "Winner's" Desert!!"
beast-master.png

within the forwards, he was 3rd worst and overall, 6th worst staffer but in AC X he was 2nd best in forwards and 8th best overall so they can change from good to bad or vice versa from year to year (unless you're named Senor Malo in which case they're pretty consistently good each year)

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

senormalo.png
dj-skellington.png
axe-bond.png
"Don't play with fire!"
kikocat.png
beast-master.png

This is very similar to my lineup, except I chose AGOG (mystery Island) for my forward instead of DJ Skellington. This is my first staff tournament but I went with teams that I like just to choose, we will see. I gotta remember to do it every week though. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-03 at 8.23.12 AM.png

I chose both Agog and DJ Skellington initally last year, then dropped both of them after the 1st round because others had done better.

5 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I have no idea what is this about, I pretty much chose them randomly :guiltysmiley:

Yuiina, check out the JN links I posted

On 02/06/2017 at 9:41 PM, jellysundae said:

They show what the TNT players scored the last two years so you can make a more educated choice.

I'm hoping the new players this year turn out to be good!

Round one is now over and I made some adjustments to my team. Here's my team for round 2:

senormalo.png
Senor Malo
gingersnap.png
Gingersnap
kikocat.png
Kikokat
scrappy.png
Scrappy
ehlo-froyo.png
Ehlo Froyo

1 hour ago, Yuiina said:

I still don't understand how this works as in, how can I choose the good ones. 

For this week I got 4k neopoints and a total of 8319 team points. Is that high or? 

You got the same as I did for round 1. I'm kicking myself for saying this, but you can check out Jellyneo's guide and they have the scores for each individual player from this round. I went off the scores they posted on their guide and adjusted my team accordingly. I posted my choices above your post so you can use that as a reference if you like. :D

@Mouseykins Why are you going with Gingersnap , with her 1220 points, instead of Cherry Blossom, who has 1886 points? Is it a feeling you have that Gingersnap will outscore Cherry Blossom?

Results - Forwards
Staffer Round 1 Round 2    
Agog 844      
Cherry Blossom 1886      
DJ Sally 462      
DJ Skellington 1166      
Enigma 682      
Gingersnap 1220      
Senor Malo

My Pick for Round 2 is:   senormalo.png  cherry-blossom.png  scrappy.png  kikocat.png  ehlo-froyo.png

Forward: Senor Malo              Forward: Cherry Blossom       Defender: Scrappy              Defender: Kikokat                 Goalie: Ehlo Froyo

Ok, I see your point. It seems like a sound strategy. I might change out Senor Malo for Gingersnap then...:eh:

@Mouseykins Maybe jellysundae has a point to use both Cherry Blossom AND Gingersnap and take off Senor Malo? 

Edited by midnight_spell360
Pointing out an idea

1 hour ago, midnight_spell360 said:

@Mouseykins Why are you going with Gingersnap , with her 1220 points, instead of Cherry Blossom, who has 1886 points? Is it a feeling you have that Gingersnap will outscore Cherry Blossom?

Results - Forwards
Staffer Round 1 Round 2    
Agog 844      
Cherry Blossom 1886      
DJ Sally 462      
DJ Skellington 1166      
Enigma 682      
Gingersnap 1220      
Senor Malo

My Pick for Round 2 is:   senormalo.png  cherry-blossom.png  scrappy.png  kikocat.png  ehlo-froyo.png

Forward: Senor Malo              Forward: Cherry Blossom       Defender: Scrappy              Defender: Kikokat                 Goalie: Ehlo Froyo

I did WHAT!!! Thanks for pointing that out to me! I was probably distracted and read the table wrong. I'm sorry Cherry Blossom, but welcome back to my team! :D

35 minutes ago, Mouseykins said:

I did WHAT!!! Thanks for pointing that out to me! I was probably distracted and read the table wrong. I'm sorry Cherry Blossom, but welcome back to my team! :D

Hahaha! Oh bless, that's so cute though.

I'm sure Cherry Blossom forgives you though, she doesn't look like the type to hunt you down...

Of course looks can be deceiving...:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...