HELP! Did I accidentally steal someone's Neopet?

Lately I've been trying to get all my "Pet" avatars checked off, and I've managed quite a few of them at this point just by pound surfing and getting lucky. So a few minutes ago I was on the pound, really just hoping to knock out the Skeith or Lenny one and repound, but..... a Faerie Draik popped up, and of course I adopted it! Not only is it painted beautifully, but it checks off my Hatched! avatar. I was planning on repounding at first, but then I thought about keeping it... and now I'm wondering if it's okay to keep it or even repound it in case someone was in the middle of a pound lend that I disrupted! People don't usually just give away their Faerie Draiks.

Thoughts?

If it was in the pound, then it is safe for you to adopt. "Pound lending" risks that, and it is always better to transfer a pet, than to try and "pound lend". If you like the Draik, I'd say keep it. If someone was in the middle of a "pound lend", and they Neomail you about, then you have two options: return/give it back or keep it. Personally, I'd give it back. However, if you decide to keep it, you should be fine. TNT/JS would most likely tell the person that since they put the pet in the pound, then it is free for anyone to adopt. Well, those are my thoughts, anyway.

It's really sweet of you to worry that you stole someone's pet, shows you're a thoughtful person. :3

I'd say you just got lucky though, someone out there is doing the Zap and Re-Pound thing and you happened along at the right time! So maybe it was meant to be?

I'd hope no-one would risk the "pound lend" process any more now, why do that when there's a secure transfer option available? I guess if someone have used up their month's transfer options...but if they were that impatient, and consequently lost a pet, maybe they'd learn a salutary lesson. :ph34r:

Checking your girl out (gosh aren't faerie draiks PRETTY!) Her age compared with her low level kind of screams lab rat to me, she's maybe been languishing in the Pound for ever up until recently and just started being zapped, and lo and behold, a beauty emerges!

16 hours ago, therorysong said:

Lately I've been trying to get all my "Pet" avatars checked off, and I've managed quite a few of them at this point just by pound surfing and getting lucky.

Everyone's already answered your original question, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I recently discovered this awesome tool for finding avatar pets in the pound: http://lost.quiggle.org/

Somehow it scans all the pets in the pound and sorts them by species, so you can easily see if any of the pets you need are available! It helped me get a few of those last pet avatars last week. 

19 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Everyone's already answered your original question, but I just wanted to pop in and say that I recently discovered this awesome tool for finding avatar pets in the pound: http://lost.quiggle.org/

Somehow it scans all the pets in the pound and sorts them by species, so you can easily see if any of the pets you need are available! It helped me get a few of those last pet avatars last week. 

Whoa!!! I've never heard of that, but that's awesome. I'll have to try it out!!

17 hours ago, therorysong said:

Lately I've been trying to get all my "Pet" avatars checked off, and I've managed quite a few of them at this point just by pound surfing and getting lucky. So a few minutes ago I was on the pound, really just hoping to knock out the Skeith or Lenny one and repound, but..... a Faerie Draik popped up, and of course I adopted it! Not only is it painted beautifully, but it checks off my Hatched! avatar. I was planning on repounding at first, but then I thought about keeping it... and now I'm wondering if it's okay to keep it or even repound it in case someone was in the middle of a pound lend that I disrupted! People don't usually just give away their Faerie Draiks.

Thoughts?

If a user is missing It, they will contact you, It's really nice of you to be worried when I started laying the transfer option wasn't, I lost on of my favorite, trying to pass him to my side account, I was really sad

1 hour ago, kayahtik said:

1 hour ago, therorysong said:

Whoa!!! I've never heard of that, but that's awesome. I'll have to try it out!!

Lost and Pound's a cool site, isn't it. I did my lab zapping solely using pets from there for a while, but then I stopped because I worried that after I'd zapped and re-pounded them they'd just go back to being lost, so I went back to picking from the pound itself.

As many people said, I am 99,99% sure you didn't steal and will not have any problem with TNT because you ADOPT it.

For you to adopt the pet must be in pound, and that is only possible if the owner is fully aware of the risks.

Your Draik is gorgeous :heart:

I absolutely loved the website! :dance: Thanks to it I just adopted a very cute gnorbu named Staralay! I'll paint her cloud in the next days *-*

1 minute ago, Yuiina said:

As many people said, I am 99,99% sure you didn't steal and will not have any problem with TNT because you ADOPT it.

For you to adopt the pet must be in pound, and that is only possible if the owner is fully aware of the risks.

Your Draik is gorgeous :heart:

I absolutely loved the website! :dance: Thanks to it I just adopted a very cute gnorbu named Staralay! I'll paint her cloud in the next days *-*

That's a nice name! So nice to find a pet with a single name, well done! :D

1 minute ago, Yuiina said:

Yes! I'm madly in love with her :wub_anim:
I think I was very lucky to "catch" her, with such a beautiful name she'd be gone soon!

I have a mental image of you chasing a gnorbu around the pound now. :laughingsmiley:

19 hours ago, kayahtik said:

It absolutely doesn't scan the pound, the site is the result of the hard work of the people behind it who manually search the Pound for names. You can read about it in the FAQ:

"How do you find stuck pets?

The basic answer is by randomly typing in names and checking if they are in the pound. Yes that's right, trial and error! For more details on how stuck pets are found check out Lorrenn's Petpage"

Also, I would strongly suggest when adopting from this site to contact them so they can remove the pet from the list. You can read how to do it in the FAQ - using the feedback form or sending an email. You'd help them a lot if you do so :)

I wouldn't worry about it. You haven't gotten a neomail from anyone, so I'd say you're in the clear. And you definitely won't get in trouble with TNT about it. Sometimes people really do get lucky with the pound! 

Your draik is gorgeous! And you're very kind to worry about others but like others said, don't worry about it! I know some people who adopt pets from the pound, zap them, then repound them so that the pets are more likely to be adopted. It was probably what happened to your draik :)