Yay for small things that make you very happy!

jellysundae

I'm talking socks here.

Poor socks...

They can be a pretty DULL thing, right?

Socks = :sleeping_anim:

Not mine!

:lmaosmiley:

Your feet work hard for you, so they DESERVE socks that make you smile. :3

So YAY because I love my Ghibli socks. xD Happy feet! :wub:

cc3ea1L.png

They are :D

Ladies socks though, they'd likely not fit your feet. :sad01_anim:

Miyazaki is an amazing man, the world needs more people like him. :heart:

25 minutes ago, sky_blue_eyes said:

Oh my gosh. I need to buy those for a birthday present for one of my friends! :D

DO ET! I got mine on Ebay, there's plenty of people selling them. 

Give someone else happy feet too! :D

Oh and you can't tell on that pic, but No-Face is smiling on them, which makes me happy too!

The right socks are an incredibly happy thing! Knitting them is surprisingly soothing...I like cotton blend socks because they breathe. Or during col cold winters, nice warm toasty wool socks.

Your socks are so cute! Love those Howl's Moving Castle ones, it's one of my favorite movies.

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

They are :D

Ladies socks though, they'd likely not fit your feet. :sad01_anim:

Miyazaki is an amazing man, the world needs more people like him. :heart:

Both Miyazaki men (Goro is his son) are incredible! I admit to having an entire shelf dedicated to their movies. I'm always on the look out for the next movie. The AMC theater near my house is having a Studio Ghibli film festival this summer. You may want to see if it's going to be near you this summer.  I know, I know...Shameless promo. lol

13 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Waaa *-* 

I love that man! He keeps saying it is the last movie he'll make but he keeps making them (THANK GOD FOR THAT :heart:)

YES! But...you need to visit the Ghibli museum in Japan to see the last one, don't you. >_<

Definitely something for the bucket list!

13 hours ago, pulpfreeoj said:

The right socks are an incredibly happy thing! Knitting them is surprisingly soothing...I like cotton blend socks because they breathe. Or during col cold winters, nice warm toasty wool socks.

Your socks are so cute! Love those Howl's Moving Castle ones, it's one of my favorite movies.

Howl was the first one that I watched, my introduction to Ghibli then, and actually the only one that I watched with subtitles. I don't find it easy to watch subbed films, I miss too much of what's going on whilst reading the dialogue, but I loved it despite that. When I saw the dubbed version it took me a while to get used to Christian Bale's voice for Howl, didn't seem right at all at first - too deep for such a slender guy - but I'm used to it now. I LOVE Billy Crystal as Calcifer though, he must have had such fun voicing that part. xD

MAY ALL YOUR BACON BURN! :evil3:

9 hours ago, DesertRose said:

Both Miyazaki men (Goro is his son) are incredible! I admit to having an entire shelf dedicated to their movies. I'm always on the look out for the next movie. The AMC theater near my house is having a Studio Ghibli film festival this summer. You may want to see if it's going to be near you this summer.  I know, I know...Shameless promo. lol

I'm jealous of your collection! I have none D:< I just get my fix watching them on anime sites. Ghibli's not well-known enough to get things like film festivals in the UK :sad01_anim: One of the TV channels - Film4 - regularly has a Ghibli season, hopefully that's coming around again soon! The ones I've found online...the version of Arrietty that they show is the US dub D: The UK dub is SO much nicer! Arrietty's a bit of a brat in the US script :bigeyed: what idiot decided to make her like that! *shakes fist*

Gotta share the song now!!! i love this song SO much :heart:

6 hours ago, Panthersclaw said:

I must have those socks! :biggrin: I'm a huge Ghibli Fan. I hope those socks will fit me though, cause I have big feet. (I'm a women's 11 1/2-12)( Men's 9 1/2-10) shoe)

I've just given mine a stretch test and they've got a good amount give there, they MIGHT fit you ok? So far mine haven't shrunk, or gone a bit stiff like some cotton socks do after a while, so there's hope for a joyous coming together of these socks and your feet. :D

51 minutes ago, charelan said:

ARGH!!!! TOTORO SOCKS!!!!! Actually... Spirited Away is my favourite film but when it comes to socks there could be no cuter beast than Totoro :)

HA! While I was looking for a good pic of these socks I saw all these Totoro socks on Ebay and had to give myself a stern talking to :laughingsmiley:

I've ALREADY got a bunch of new socks on the way, one pair of which is these beauties! Unicorn%20socks2-800x600.jpg

I don't NEED any more!

*looks at last sentence*

PFFT, who am I kidding? Everyone NEEDS Totoro socks xD I may have to get myself THESE ones

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Unicorn%20socks2-800x600.jpg

I don't NEED any more!

*looks at last sentence*

PFFT, who am I kidding? Everyone NEEDS Totoro socks xD I may have to get myself THESE ones

:ph34r:

Donuts riding unicorns??? Like some amazing fantasyland lmao... and that link? Totoro is also on the BOTTOM of the socks!! Yes, you need those ;) 

1 hour ago, charelan said:

Donuts riding unicorns??? Like some amazing fantasyland lmao... and that link? Totoro is also on the BOTTOM of the socks!! Yes, you need those ;) 

I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw those, HAD to get them. :laughingsmiley:

I may cave yet and get the Totoro ones, I'm resisting at the moment, but I'm sure I'll give in eventually. :ph34r:

Oh HA!! Also...THIS!

W.T.F!!

Longcat/Totoro mash-up? :laughingsmiley:

s-l500.jpg

Oh my goodness, I love these!!! I think the Kiki ones are my favourite, I love the colours. I don't like the colours on the Totoro ones so much but I'd probably want them too because Totoro was such an important part of my childhood (and my first Ghibli film, of course)!

9 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Oh my goodness, I love these!!! I think the Kiki ones are my favourite, I love the colours. I don't like the colours on the Totoro ones so much but I'd probably want them too because Totoro was such an important part of my childhood (and my first Ghibli film, of course)!

Yes, the Kiki ones are the only "pretty" ones really, seasidey and summery. :D The colours of the Totoro ones aren't particularly attractive, but I find it doesn't stop me from loving the socks...

Some kind of Ghibli mind trick going on there? A step up from Jedi maybe? :ph34r:

I could DEFINITELY see Yoda and Totoro being BFFs!