hrtbrk

Happy Jubjub Day

17 posts in this topic

._.

I SO want to like these jubjubs.

 Multi-coloured polka dots on a white background are a thing I absolutely love. I have a fleece throw on my sofa in that exact colour way and I adore it.

But that jubjub...

There's too many dots, they're a bit too small and they're too close together.

It looks like it has some kind of exotic pox. :sad01_anim:

 

Pastel has that faded look that makes me squint. It's cute, but next to the brightness of anything else it looks like the colour saturation's been decreased by 25% The pastel pets must surely look weird when customised because of this. I need to check this out on DTI to see if I'm being unfair to pastel pets, I will do this at some point.

TokaValencia likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have made pastel look like cotton candy, similar to how cloud looks... well like a cloud.

Another missed opportunity for creativity by JS.

jellysundae and TokaValencia like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, the more I look at the polka dot jubjub the more it annoys me  -_-

A MASSIVE pet peeve of mine is a thing that lazy artists do, and it's been done on this jubjub...

Pattern that's just layered on top of the thing being drawn, and doesn't follow the natural lines of the thing at all, and look how much it's been done on this little guy.

The ones I've outlines in red are where the colour of the dot's changed the colour of the outline really noticeably for me, the blue one seems to fill the space between the tufts of hair almost, I'm kind of amazed that that green polka dot doesn't go over the top of the eyebrow there! :rolleyes:

This lack of give-a-damn is another reason why this little guy doesn't hit the dizzy heights of cuteness that he really should be doing. :sad01_anim:

SHqJxvm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Pastel has that faded look that makes me squint. It's cute, but next to the brightness of anything else it looks like the colour saturation's been decreased by 25% The pastel pets must surely look weird when customised because of this. I need to check this out on DTI to see if I'm being unfair to pastel pets, I will do this at some point.

I'm quite partial to my Pastel Xweetok, Ellava--maybe it's just me, but I think she's quite pretty :P I do agree that a lot of the pastel pets look washed out though, and it's much worse when next to such a bright, stark pattern as those polka dots o.O

I want to like the polka dot color, I like the spots and the colors they use, but it's just never well executed Dx Why are the jubjub's feet and eyebrows orange? Couldn't they have used one of the polka dot colors so it would match??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

Why are the jubjub's feet and eyebrows orange? Couldn't they have used one of the polka dot colors so it would match??? 

Shockingly enough, I LIKE the orange. :laugh: I thought it was going to be that odd vaguely dirty-looking pink that they tend to use for polka dot pets, so I was pleasantly surprised to see the regular jubjub foot and brow colour.

I honestly am going to spend some time playing with the pastel pets, because I am aware that I'm a pretty harsh critic and I want to give them a fair chance. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Oh no, the more I look at the polka dot jubjub the more it annoys me  -_-

A MASSIVE pet peeve of mine is a thing that lazy artists do, and it's been done on this jubjub...

Pattern that's just layered on top of the thing being drawn, and doesn't follow the natural lines of the thing at all, and look how much it's been done on this little guy.

The ones I've outlines in red are where the colour of the dot's changed the colour of the outline really noticeably for me, the blue one seems to fill the space between the tufts of hair almost, I'm kind of amazed that that green polka dot doesn't go over the top of the eyebrow there! :rolleyes:

This lack of give-a-damn is another reason why this little guy doesn't hit the dizzy heights of cuteness that he really should be doing. :sad01_anim:

SHqJxvm.png

Yup, agreed. And they made it look like he has a giant cold sore on the corner of his lip :laugh:

deboratibi and jellysundae like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hrtbrk said:

Yup, agreed. And they made it look like he has a giant cold sore on the corner of his lip :laugh:

Oh gawd, cannot unsee that now :laugh:

Breaking news: jubjubs susceptible to herpes!

deboratibi and hrtbrk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hrtbrk said:

They should have made pastel look like cotton candy, similar to how cloud looks... well like a cloud.

maybe they left that to the Candy JubJub , whenever they decide to release one 

deboratibi and hrtbrk like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Angeló said:

maybe they left that to the Candy JubJub , whenever they decide to release one 

I like your thinking there, Angeló. jubjubs being such a perfect shape for candy it will be interesting to see what they do actually end up as.

Angeló likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aw shoot i thought it would be a good idea to invest in the zombie jubjub mp, since it's an unreleased color but it exists as an item.  i thought i might get RICH ahahah

the problem about the polka dots for me is how haphazard they are.  Like that corner-of-the-mouth one.  it doesn't look right to me haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I like your thinking there, Angeló. jubjubs being such a perfect shape for candy it will be interesting to see what they do actually end up as.

I'm hoping for a cotton candy jub jub, but they might do a wrapped candy (If they do this I want it for a kiko)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think pastel is cute. I kinda like the faded characteristic of the pastel pets than make you squint your eyes to see them properly. Polka dot is okay, but as Jellysundae said:

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Pattern that's just layered on top of the thing being drawn, and doesn't follow the natural lines of the thing at all, and look how much it's been done on this little guy.

If you have noticed it can't be unseen. 

Outfit is okay. I don't know which popstar it's supposed to be... It's strange that the dress has sleeves (in the small picture) while jubjubs do not even have arms. :eh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outfit now huh? *scrolls up*

...

:mellow:

Seems we're still firmly in the "totally random outfit chosen for totally wrong body-shape" camp that @deboratibi has identified as TNT's M.O. of choice.

5 hours ago, Josi said:

It's strange that the dress has sleeves (in the small picture) while jubjubs do not even have arms. :eh:

See above, it's starting to seem almost like they do it on purpose!

"ok, it's Jubjub day coming up, how can we show how much we don't care with the outfit for this pet?"

"Ooh ooh, I know!! How about a dress with long sleeves for a creature with no arms??"

"PERFECT, give that person a bonus!"

That's a cool hat, shame it's species specific, though the placement's odd, the jubjub faces right but the hat's facing left, it looks like the image needs flipping.

 

Damn it, you know I'm starting to hate how I come across in these pet day threads...I'd LOVE to have lots of positive things to say about each new thing, I really would. -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naaaaaah! :hmmph:

I don't like those colors and the outfit... hum I don't like outfits on jubjubs, they look "weird". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is great, everyone's comments about the polka dot is spot on lol.gif
(forgive me)

22 hours ago, Panthersclaw said:

I'm hoping for a cotton candy jub jub, but they might do a wrapped candy (If they do this I want it for a kiko)

YES! A wrapped candy Kiko would be adorable!

Bubblegum Kiko Taffy
But it would probably affect its "wearability", so they might just make it a peppermint or something like that :\

12 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Seems we're still firmly in the "totally random outfit chosen for totally wrong body-shape" camp that @deboratibi has identified as TNT's M.O. of choice.

If they do something like this again on the next pet day, I'm going to ask them about it on the editorial! lol Nah, I won't. But each day I'm becoming more convinced that they don't make these outfits with the species in mind... I'm gonna give them the benefit of doubt and say maybe it's not because they don't care... Maybe they came up with this system to diversify the outfits? To make the artists draw less of the same for certain species? Ugh, I don't even know. And as Josi said... What popstar is this even supposed to be? I don't keep up with current pop music, so if this is a reference to someone's actual outfit, I would never have known it was a pop outfit. :worried:

jellysundae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, deboratibi said:

If they do something like this again on the next pet day, I'm going to ask them about it on the editorial!

DO ET! :laughingsmiley:

I think this is something that really could do with addressing if they keep on pulling this shizz though, but I can't see it EVER being chosen to be answered in the editorial, lol, but that's not really the point of submitting a question to it, is it? :ph34r:

I'm assuming the editorial can be like an unofficial way of sending in a complaint? If enough people send in (cutely worded sycophantic) versions of, "WTF did you do that for?!" about something, while they're not going to print these things they'll be made aware that people as a whole are unhappy about something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now