Question about getting frozen or not

FR1987

First I want to make clear that I don't want to cheat and I am not going to cheat on neopets.

My question and concern is that I am afraid of getting frozen because of the fact that I have given an old account that I do not use or have used in a long time to a friend. He needed an aged account. And I did not think it could be of any harm until I just got home. Because I did make that account on this IP adress and I logged in that account here at home somewhere like a month ago when I started playing neopets again. But I did not like that username, because I was very young when I made that account, so I decided to make a new account. My concern is that if he is going to use that account in a way that will make it frozen, will I lose my main account that I use here at home? I have not logged in my main account on his ip adress and I will never do that. 

So my question is: If he gets the account, I made here at home years ago, frozen (I logged in that account here once over a month ago when I found it back after years), will my main account I use here also get frozen, or is there a chance it can get frozen? I am sure I will not log in at his house or his IP ever.

I did not think of the fact that he may use that account for the wrong reasons, until I got back home lol. 

Can someone help me out with this concern? Thanks in advance :)

I don't think they would freeze both accounts--after all, plenty of people play from multiple accounts at the same IP address all the time, just think of multiple family members playing from the same house, on the same computer even. 

However, I do think it's dishonest--and possibly against the rules, I'm not sure--to give an aged account to someone else. There are a lot of benefits to having an aged account, and it's really not fair to give one to someone who hasn't put the time and effort into making their own. I'm not sure if that's a freezable offense (I kind of doubt it, but you may want to look into it to see), but it is kind of insulting to the long-time players who worked very hard for what they have and earned the benefits that come with an aged account, so you may want to take that into consideration. 

5 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

I don't think they would freeze both accounts--after all, plenty of people play from multiple accounts at the same IP address all the time, just think of multiple family members playing from the same house, on the same computer even. 

However, I do think it's dishonest--and possibly against the rules, I'm not sure--to give an aged account to someone else. There are a lot of benefits to having an aged account, and it's really not fair to give one to someone who hasn't put the time and effort into making their own. I'm not sure if that's a freezable offense (I kind of doubt it, but you may want to look into it to see), but it is kind of insulting to the long-time players who worked very hard for what they have and earned the benefits that come with an aged account, so you may want to take that into consideration. 

Thanks for the reply.

I did not know about the benefits, although I did notice one thing (because I use websites like this, for the freebies and games to make NP) that there was an abondoned attic that only aged account could enter. I apologize that I have given away an aged account. I will not do this again. It was honestly, a friend I did not see for a long time, he just got a new house for a couple of days, is a gamer like me, and we talked about neopets, so without considering things, I told him I just started again, did not like my teen days username from the account I am concerned can get frozen (which hopefully will not result in freezing my new account, where I am serious with and also have gotten some game trophies because of highscores, building up neopoints and really want to build up), and I just offered him that account. If it is against the rules, and my account also gets punished, I'll have to deal with that and it is my mistake, so I can only accept it, whether I like it or not. That is also one of the main reasons I am putting this out. To know if I can continue using my main account, prefend myself from getting frozen, and if I do, I want to know it as soon as possible, so I can consider making a new one (if I am still allowed after getting frozen). And not continue to play on a account that already is doomed.

Sorry for what happened and thanks for taking the time to reply. 

I have an old account too, but I never collected stamps, avatars, earned any trophies or even had 100,000 NP in my bank. I literally only used it to play pyramids. I can't find anywhere else to play that game. I don't even think I did anything to my neopet. I wouldn't feel guilty about giving away that account because I didn't actually use it to do anything on the site except play one game, so there wouldn't be any advantage except the attic, which I hadn't heard of until I started my new account.

I created my new account with the same intentions, but then I started using neopets to take a break from the rest of my life. I can't keep any books in the house because my son shreds them no matter what I do, so I fiddle around on this nice site with nice people.

I lost the info for my old account, so I can't give it away even if I wanted to.

10 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

so there wouldn't be any advantage except the attic

There are actually a lot more advantages to having an older account. You get more pet transfers each month, you have access to higher rarity items in shops, and the main thing that my mind goes to is your maximum Food Club bet is increased. FC is the main one that gets me, because it's a major source of income for many players, and I don't think it's fair for a new player to make more than me just because someone else gave them an old account. 

But anyway, it's a moot point since hrtbrk pointed out it is in fact against the rules. 

Well I did not know that older accounts have access to higher rarity items in shops! That is crazy! I have never participated in FC, so I didn't know how it works. I have never done a pet transfer either, so I didn't know that that could change.

Evidently I am just not that educated about neopets at all.

57 minutes ago, babayaga67 said:

Well I did not know that older accounts have access to higher rarity items in shops!

Me neither! I don't really understand :blush: can someone who knows explain?

older accounts don't get access to higher rarity items .. just the abandoned attic , which has been dysfunctional for several years now

and giving away your account , old or new , is definitely against the rules 

5 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

Well I did not know that older accounts have access to higher rarity items in shops!

5 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Me neither! I don't really understand :blush: can someone who knows explain?

55 minutes ago, Angeló said:

older accounts don't get access to higher rarity items

Unless this is outdated...http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/restocking/ Your account doesn't have to be /old/ old, but account age can limit the rarity of items that are visible to you in shops. 

• If you view a shop and your account is less than 3 months old, items above a certain rarity will not be visible to you.
    Account Age Maximum Rarity
    0 to 9 days 79
    10 to 15 days 84
    16 days to 1 month 89
    1 month to 3 months 94
    More than 3 months None

27 minutes ago, kayahtik said:

More than 3 months None

yes , 3 months is pretty much the minimum limit to do ANYTHING .. like adopt rate pets etc .. they wana guarantee loyalty after all ...

but 3 months is not an "older" account ... i'm talking about accounts that are several years old 

That was some sensible thinking on TNT's part back in the day!

Always makes me sad when I see evidence of this, because those old school TNT days are gone now.