Ilesia is in the Beauty Contest!

deboratibi

Make way for this week's newest Poogle contestant!

Ilesia

I've entered Ilesia in the BC before and she won gold, but she hadn't taken her true form yet (she was being labbed at the time - she was an Elephante, if IIRC). So now this is her first time entering as a Faerie Poogle, like she was always meant to be!

I initially meant to enter my Bori this week, but gave up because that category has way more competition, and to be honest I'm really hoping to get the avatar this time. And I wasn't very happy with how the drawing was turning out anyway. Not that I'm *super* happy about this one, but I suppose it's good enough. I just think she kind of looks like a monkey for some reason, and I can't say that's what I was going for, LOL. But I do like the colours and all that.

Anyway... if you like the entry, or just like helping out a fellow Neopian, please consider giving us a vote! Every single one counts and is greatly appreciated :heart:

http://www.neopets.com/beauty/details.phtml?pet=Ilesia

Thanks for reading this!

That is one great picture, Deb! :rock:Of course, like Scoobert_Doo posted:

9 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Always willing to help a TDner. Best of luck!

So I sent my vote: Your vote has been cast for Ilesia :thumbsup: And I hope your Pet wins! :nod_yes:

*votes too*

She's an interesting-looking lady, she's got that Mona Lisa enigmatic expression going on there, makes you wonder what she's thinking, and who is she looking back over her shoulder at...mysterious!

I semi get where you're coming from with the monkey thing, I think it's the nose/mouth and wide jaw that does it, but then that's how Poogles faces are, so what are you gonna do? There's a limit to how much artistic license you can take isn't there, if you want your art of a Poogle to stay recognisable as a Poogle.

I like her a lot though, the proportions are pleasing (nice volume in her hair!), she looks cool, and there's a lot of expression in that face.

You gonna tell us what's she's thinking, or should we guess? :ph34r:

Thank you Angeló, Scoobert, Dawn, charelan, midnight, Jelly and babayaga! I really appreciate all the kind words and votes ^_^
The competition for the Poogle category doesn't seem to be particularly tough this week, but then again you can never be sure. I'm glad I can count on you guys!

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

*votes too*

She's an interesting-looking lady, she's got that Mona Lisa enigmatic expression going on there, makes you wonder what she's thinking, and who is she looking back over her shoulder at...mysterious!

I semi get where you're coming from with the monkey thing, I think it's the nose/mouth and wide jaw that does it, but then that's how Poogles faces are, so what are you gonna do? There's a limit to how much artistic license you can take isn't there, if you want your art of a Poogle to stay recognisable as a Poogle.

Ah, I think you got it! I just realised who she vaguely remind me of... the animated Curious George! ROFL

mascot_curious-george.gif

I redid that smile way too many more times than I'd like to admit... I originally didn't even want to go with a smile, but then she wasn't quite looking like a Poogle, so I think you're right about that too, that's just kinda how they are.

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

You gonna tell us what's she's thinking, or should we guess? :ph34r:

You gotta guess :glasses:

59 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

You gotta guess :glasses:

But...but...it's so enigmatic I just don't know. :laugh:

She could  be in mid-flirt there...

Flick hair back over shoulder, a little look up and down out of the corner of the eye in the process, an almost smile, and move on...

Subtle moves!

9 hours ago, jellysundae said:

But...but...it's so enigmatic I just don't know. :laugh:

She could  be in mid-flirt there...

Flick hair back over shoulder, a little look up and down out of the corner of the eye in the process, an almost smile, and move on...

Subtle moves!

The funny thing is that Ilesia actually has more of a cute/serene expression, and that's how I like her:

4.png

The only reason she ended up looking a bit like a seductress is because the makeup artist in me likes to put drama in the eyes - I actually had to hold back, otherwise the eyes would become too detailed and I couldn't put the same amount of detail into the rest of the drawing, lol.

53 minutes ago, Angeló said:

oh i don't think she's flirting i think she's thinking "you're gonna get servvvvved" 

:P

Yep, that's there too! Could also very much be "...seriously?" Enigmatic all the way!

I smell a potential TDN entertainment here if Deb is willing!

Deb draws a pet, and we have to say what we read in their expression/body language. :ph34r:

TDN psychology training. :laughingsmiley:

8 hours ago, deboratibi said:

The funny thing is that Ilesia actually has more of a cute/serene expression, and that's how I like her:

4.png

The only reason she ended up looking a bit like a seductress is because the makeup artist in me likes to put drama in the eyes - I actually had to hold back, otherwise the eyes would become too detailed and I couldn't put the same amount of detail into the rest of the drawing, lol.

Just goes to show how powerful a tool the eyes can be, doesn't it. She's very mellow in her actual form isn't she. The eye shadow makes SUCH a difference! I'd not considered using it in that way, to alter the actual eye shape whilst looking natural. I imagine there's very few pets you can actually do it with because of colour availability...need to find out now, lol.

*scoots over to DTI*

On 2017-6-11 at 6:55 AM, Angeló said:

oh i don't think she's flirting i think she's thinking "you're gonna get servvvvved" 

:P

LOL I like that a lot better xD

On 2017-6-11 at 8:04 AM, jellysundae said:

I smell a potential TDN entertainment here if Deb is willing!

Deb draws a pet, and we have to say what we read in their expression/body language. :ph34r:

TDN psychology training. :laughingsmiley:

Something like that would be set up to fail because the mystery was purely accidental, lol. :laugh: I just realised that another thing that adds to the confusion in the drawing are the pseudo-eyebrow thingies. I thought she was looking too mischievous with full eyebrows but having nothing at all looked weird. So I added those things to act like eyebrows but also thought they kind of look like faerie markings (I should have added more!).

You're so right! This is a fascinating topic.

I think you should totally show us more drawings of your pets anyway, just to give us another chance at conversations like this.

I think it's really interesting how a group of people can interpret the same image in completely different ways. :D

20 hours ago, deboratibi said:

So I added those things to act like eyebrows but also thought they kind of look like faerie markings (I should have added more!).

and now i am reminded of the movie Avatar for some reason 

I just wanted to let you guys know that:

beautycontest.gif trophy_beauty_1.gif

10 Ilesia Ilesia 49 votes

Thank you so much!!! :biggrin: I'm so happy to have finally gotten this avatar and to have won 1st place in species! Now Ilesia has two matching trophies :happydance:

2 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I just wanted to let you guys know that:

beautycontest.gif trophy_beauty_1.gif

10 Ilesia Ilesia 49 votes

Thank you so much!!! :biggrin: I'm so happy to have finally gotten this avatar and to have won 1st place in species! Now Ilesia has two matching trophies :happydance:

Congratulations! I think it is always neat to "know" someone who wins those. That is a nice new avatar and trophy!

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

congrats Deb u can always count on us

what avatar is that ? i'm very very bad at drawing :/

Thanks, Angeló!

That's the Beauty Contest avatar! You get it if you win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. And the good thing about the BC is that you don't really have to be good at drawing, you just have to advertise your entry a lot at the Art boards so that people vote for you. It helps if people can see you put effort into your art, even if you aren't very skilled. And of course, you have us, so if you enter you'd have several votes guaranteed :D

5 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Congratulations! I think it is always neat to "know" someone who wins those. That is a nice new avatar and trophy!

Thanks Scoobert! LOL Pretty cool huh? I'll let you hold it if you want xD *polishes trophy*

32 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i wish .. but i'm an adult who draws like a 3 year old .. no kidding :D 

From what I've seen, so do lot of the people who enter? :ph34r:

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

From what I've seen, so do lot of the people who enter? :ph34r:

@Angeló She's not wrong, you know... :mellow: And if you're not very confident or if you don't have time to advertise, you can enter one of the easier categories. The Poogle category was fairly easy, but there are several with even less competition, such as: Kiko, Koi, Flotsam, Jetsam, Quiggle, Nimmo, Meerca, Tonu, Techo, Ogrin, Ruki, Elephante, Scorchio, Chomby... Actually, you can go here and see the winners of the past few contests by species, and you'll notice that some of them only have one winner, because only one person entered. Since the site lost many players the BC isn't nearly as difficult as it once was. If you enter the easiest categories, it's very likely there won't be more than 2 other entries, so you will automatically place and earn a trophy/avatar.

So, see which one of the easy pet species you own, or if you have a labrat, wait until it zaps into one of those species (or even use a cheap morphing potion if you really want to)!