Am I the only one annoyed by....

So, just got done playing a game where I got at LEAST 4 Faerie Yooyus! But there are 2 things that annoy me just a bit more. ;-)

So, am I the only one who tries to save power-ups for the non-normal Yooyuballs? I like to just in case I get a troublesome yooyu, like a faerie or darigan. It seems to me that the power-ups, when they appear, are near the yooyuball in play. My problem is the rest of the team. So here's the scenario,  I've got the yooyu, I'm shooting for the goal, and for SOME reason the yellow ring disappears from around my character that just shot, and goes over to one of the guys either at mid or rear-field, and THEY step on a power-up right at mid-field, activating it just as the goal is scored. Wasting it before the next round. That's been happening a lot lately. It's REALLY frustrating!

The OTHER thing I wish TNT would, but probably won't fix. There seems to be some issue with tackling/stealing and charging a shot when using the up/down arrow at the same time as either the left/right arrow keys. I usually have to press spacebar to do those functions just as or before I try to make a diagonal motion.

Anyway, just had to vent a bit. I know TNT's policy, they make the game, we have to deal with it and work with what they give us. It'd just be nice if they'd tighten these two issues up though so they gave less trouble. ;)

Anyway, best of luck to everyone! Hopefully these issues won't be a major bother to you. ;)

I've actually never had these things happen, but it's likely bc you are both better at actually playing the game lol. I use the mouse only bc I am nowhere near coordinated enough to use the keyboard. I've also NEVER controlled the goalie to defend... never even tried. I still win the matches but I am sure our scores look a lot different as a result ;) I grab the power-up (if it is conveniently located) whenever it is there. 

3 hours ago, charelan said:

I've also NEVER controlled the goalie to defend... never even tried. I still win the matches but I am sure our scores look a lot different as a result ;) 

haha, no i don't bother with the goalie either, my brain can't change gears quickly enough, and I can't be bothered figuring it out :P

usually I can't stand playing YYB that much, but this year i've been less annoyed by it than usual...until today. i look forward to not having to play it every day soon!

I've never intentionally gotten a powerup and at this point it'd be uncomfortable to try doing so. I'm very set in the exact way I play. As a side note, I also don't use the goalie. For the longest time I didn't even know you could switch to the goalie and had no idea why there was a "V" floating in the stands. :D

19 hours ago, ranga_muffin said:

Yeah nah both of these issues bother me too. I'm trying to max of YYB at the mo to get to all star, and it's really made me take note of some of the gameplay problems. I too don't really see them fixing these problems though :(

Glad I'm not alone. lol The game hasn't changed since I came back to Neo. There are a few topical things they could change, like maybe creating new dialog for the commentators after all these years. lol But on the issues, yeah, a shame TNT will probably not fix any of them. :(

I've tried playing with the mouse, it's been awhile, but I guess the controls didn't feel as fluid as using the arrow keys, then again, I was already used to the arrow keys, so that may have made trying the mouse more tricky feeling. ;)

I only switch to the goalie if I can read a "dangerous" pattern in the opponents and I don't have anyone close enough to stop their shot. Maraqua's goalie is a joke on his own, imho. I've wanted to trade him in for a better model for years.

LOL Actually, that reminds me of 2 other bugs, both goalie-related. The V button switches control to the goalie, BUT, if another of the teammates gets too close, you can end up having the "control" bouncing between both characters. Which is almost a guaranteed goal for the opponents. the OTHER thing. Is when a Goalie scores a goal. It counts to win the game, but it's NOT counted in your goal totals. If you want to score a goal with your goalie. Give him a Fire Yooyu while using the Enlargement power-up. He will then be able to score a goal, provided that nobody is in the path to stop it, and that you can aim well from across the full field. I've done it several times over the years. It's fun, except in that it doesn't count in your totals when you submit your score. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

OHHHHH, I am so glad you started this topic cuz I was just about to.  Only I was going to call it, "Yooyu ball is rigged."  There are SEVERAL things, including what you mentioned, that annoy me.  Yes, my teammate grabs the power up at the last minute, or, the character I am controlling skids into it, or my favorite, as soon as I grab it, the other team does what I consider a cheat move, and scores instantly.  What is a cheat move you ask?  Oooooh, I have several.  First, the other team steals the ball all the time, but usually, you are unable to steal it from them.  (yes, I know how to do it- lol).  Depending upon how they are carrying the ball, sometimes you can grab it from them, but most of the time when you go to steal, the guy still has it in his hands.  BUT, it is funny how when you are running with the ball, and they are way behind you, with seemingly no way to catch you, and then poof, they magically jump right on top of you and grab the ball.  Another issue is goal scoring, their ball goes right around my goalie (like a faerie yooyu).  When I go to score, the goalie ends up right there.  Of course, my goalie always moves out of the way for them too.  Lol. Then there are times where is seems that my guy won't pick up the yooyu.  (yes, he is encircled).  He just keeps going around it and won't get there.  Idk.  I just feel like it is rigged sometimes.  lol.  Although it does seem like there are more power ups this year.  It seems, at least to me, that there is a power up on almost every play, and sometimes there are even two.  Just my two cents.

3 hours ago, rntracy1 said:

OHHHHH, I am so glad you started this topic cuz I was just about to.  Only I was going to call it, "Yooyu ball is rigged."  There are SEVERAL things, including what you mentioned, that annoy me.  Yes, my teammate grabs the power up at the last minute, or, the character I am controlling skids into it, or my favorite, as soon as I grab it, the other team does what I consider a cheat move, and scores instantly.  What is a cheat move you ask?  Oooooh, I have several.  First, the other team steals the ball all the time, but usually, you are unable to steal it from them.  (yes, I know how to do it- lol).  Depending upon how they are carrying the ball, sometimes you can grab it from them, but most of the time when you go to steal, the guy still has it in his hands.  BUT, it is funny how when you are running with the ball, and they are way behind you, with seemingly no way to catch you, and then poof, they magically jump right on top of you and grab the ball.  Another issue is goal scoring, their ball goes right around my goalie (like a faerie yooyu).  When I go to score, the goalie ends up right there.  Of course, my goalie always moves out of the way for them too.  Lol. Then there are times where is seems that my guy won't pick up the yooyu.  (yes, he is encircled).  He just keeps going around it and won't get there.  Idk.  I just feel like it is rigged sometimes.  lol.  Although it does seem like there are more power ups this year.  It seems, at least to me, that there is a power up on almost every play, and sometimes there are even two.  Just my two cents.

I know of that which you speak oh fellow Frustrated one! LOL The Mutant Yooyu is notorious for going AROUND a character, even around the goalie at times.
The issue with them stealing or shooting before you can get to the ball, I had that happen a fair bit against Shenkuu last night. After 4-6 goals I tend to let them touch the ball first so I can steal it, but there were multiple times last night where their lead Forward shot before I was within a screen-inch of the yooyu at "kick-off". Maraqua's goalie also has little to no "hands", heck they're tiny fins! And then when we get scored upon, ,they got him face flat against the ground. I WISH we could trade the lummox in. He's next to worthless. And if other members of the team are close to our goal, you've gotta use the V button multiple times to TRY to keep the goalie selected. Very frustrating indeed! ;)

When the other team starts swarming you, try to run an opposite direction, while charging your pass, then whip the yooyu into a wall or at an angle that will avoid most of the other team's players. It can sometimes work to give you some more breathing room. Also, the higher you score, the more difficult the other team becomes. I think it's intervals of every 4th goal. Or so it feels like all the times I've played.

Good luck!