Is premium worth it?

queenrenly

I got it for quite some time now, and I like it. 5th pet, no ads, a premium bar at the bottom of the screen where you can get a space fairy scratchcard every week and have a dailies block which you can customize and more. So I'd say: Just do it! ;)

There are a few viewpoints (including mine) expressed in this other thread on the same topic. TLDR, I couldn't play Neopets without Premium, mostly because of no ads, the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, and SSW.

I used to have premium, but when the costs added up and I had to drop it for a few months it broke my heart to have to get rid of that 5th neopet. The SSW was really nice, but getting that 5th neopet feels like an emotional trap to me. In my opinion, the perks I would sign up for are the SSW and the monthly premium collectables. As someone who loves NC Mall stuff, I think it's really cool you get an item you can only get if you have premium. 

Sorry I can't say a pure yes or no, just thought I would share my opinions/experiences. :3

On 6/12/2017 at 11:56 AM, kayahtik said:

There are a few viewpoints (including mine) expressed in this other thread on the same topic. TLDR, I couldn't play Neopets without Premium, mostly because of no ads, the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, and SSW.

I have been premium for quite some time. I LOVE THAT THERE ARE NO DANG ADS!! :dance: I do like that I can have 5 pets, and also, the Space Faerie Scratchcard every Friday. When you play games, you sometimes get a bonus on NP's, which is nice. Also, Every day there is a new Premium game featured, so when you play it, you get extra NP's! The SSW is great!!

Every month you get a free Wearable item to use (or put in your closet for later) and a monthly Premium NeoDeck card.

I hope this helps you with your decision! ^_^

I would say, if you are doing it SOLELY for the purpose of the 5th pet slot and nothing else, get yourself a side account and you will have 4 extra pet slots!  For free!  But, as others have said, there are other perks as well.  Fighting in the cosmic dome gives a lot of nerkmids too.  

I haven't played in many years, but started again, a few days ago. Seems like we used to have access to SSW if we had access to the Zapper? Am I wrong? Is premium the only way to get SSW back? Using regular SW is sooooooooo tedious!

• 11 months later...

This is the same reply i have posted on another topic, but I feel that it is worth hearing opinions from a different perspective. I am speaking from honest experience as a premium user and experienced gamer.

No, it is not worth it at the current price. If it were 50% lesser than the current price, then sure.

Firstly, regarding the SSW, it is payment for basic things that any game should have such as a search engine that provides proper results. With the amount of money that you pay for their "best value" option, which is the yearly subscription, you can easily find another game for lesser for a one-time payment.

Premium boasts of Monthly Bonus Neopoints and Double Neopoints, but these are only in small miserable amounts which can hardly buy you anything substantial in game despite the screwed-up economy (which really is ridiculous).

Weekly Space Faerie Scratchcards? You are better off buying several REAL scratchcards with your money. The payoffs are better and you will probably spend lesser.

The community is also dying, with mostly the same small group of people always around that even the economy within the game is failing as well. Moreover, please do a quick search on how the game's staff (TNT) freezes accounts unreasonably. Why would you spend more money on a game that is dying out? It is a surprise that it is still running at this point.

I am a gamer who plays all sorts of games for leisure and I spend about 1k-2k USD monthly on games for fun. I can honestly tell you spending anything on Neopets is a waste of your money. For a game of this standard, you can easily find a free to play one with better community and service, and these "premium services" included.

You can play and enjoy Neopets without the need for premium subscription. I am saying that it is not worth it, particularly at the price it is at. What premium offers are only really basic stuff, take for example the SSW which really should be given to everyone for free as a search engine. Why inconvenience your players over something so basic? Are they not a priority such that a search engine of standard should be given to them for free? 

@queenrenly

I posted this in another topic but I 'm just repeating in hopes of letting the owner of this board know of information to make an informed decision.

I urge you to check out the following pages before making your decision:

This is the official FB page for Neopets. Do have a look at the ridiculous number of comments and complaints that others have made following poor player support, or no support from TNT at all.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Neopets/posts/?ref=page_internal

Numerous complaints about poor service, unfair freezing and even credit card fraud

https://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/neopets-a42867.html

https://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/video-game-dealers/jumpstart-games-in-torrance-ca-100077650/reviews-and-complaints

https://www.facebook.com/Neopets/posts/10153317288601005

https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/neopets-glendale-california-c76118.html

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/neopets.com

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button if you are the most recent reply.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (hrtbrk) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not bump topics that are no longer relevant. This topic is a year old.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED.