Omelette Economics

Haha, I think this is one of the great Neopian mysteries that will NEVER be answered >_<

I'm not sure why anyone ever needs to buy any  food for normal pet feeding, particularly not now Trudy's throwing money at us every day so it's easy to afford the Neolodge.

But even then, I kept mine out of the Lodge for a while - just so I could prove to myself that I could look after them, lol - and the daily jelly and omelette (when they were edible options), the Money Tree, Movie Central plus any other r.101 food that came my way from Dailies, and free feeds from The Healing Springs and TDMBGPOP was more than enough to keep 4 pets free from hunger.

The partially eaten pizza thing...ok maybe I kind of get that because a pizza covers a lot of feedings, and maybe someone had a whole chili one to use for their gourmet food count and sold the left-overs? But only a few pizzas are gourmet food aren't they...

So really, I got no clue. xD

because they're rarer .. when you bite into a new omelette it turns into a new item .. which is not obtained by any other method ..

but people usually prefer to sell the whole thing .. 

lots of people buy partially - eaten food .. for galleries mainly .. 

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

because they're rarer .. when you bite into a new omelette it turns into a new item .. which is not obtained by any other method ..

but people usually prefer to sell the whole thing .. 

lots of people buy partially - eaten food .. for galleries mainly .. 

Lol there are galleries for partially eaten food? I figured it was something like that, but wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just "create" it yourself by feeding your pet? Or are people so impatient to fill up their galleries that they can't wait a couple days for their pets to get hungry? I dunno...it just seems weird to me that the demand for part foods is that much higher than normal foods - they can be like 3x or 4x more expensive.

And the weirdest thing is, for some omelettes, 2/3 pieces are more expensive than 1/3 omelettes, even though the latter would take more work to create. There's a conspiracy going on, I tell you!

44 minutes ago, mistress_mantis said:

There's a conspiracy going on, I tell you!

I wouldn't be at all surprised. xD

It's all pretty bizarre!

Yes, a lot of things in Neopia are surprising to me.  I had gotten a music box from the TDMBGPOP.  I gave to my pet to play with and he broke it!:lmaosmiley: I was sooooooo upset with him for doing that so I brought to Donnie's toy repair shop and paid to have it fixed and put it in my shop.  While pricing it, I realized that it was worth more broken!!!!:grrr: So now I got WAY less points for a music box that I could have gotten much more for had I not PAID to have it fixed.  LMAO.  I didn't understand the logic until I posted here and was reminded of the avatar.  I already had the avatar, so I didn't even get that when I had it repaired:hmmph:.  Guess I should have researched first and not been so quick to fix it.  And I shouldn't have been so mad at my poor pet for breaking it:blush02:.

Since there is no avatar for the omelettes, I am not sure what the fascination is.

19 hours ago, mistress_mantis said:

Lol there are galleries for partially eaten food? I figured it was something like that, but wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just "create" it yourself by feeding your pet? Or are people so impatient to fill up their galleries that they can't wait a couple days for their pets to get hungry? I dunno...it just seems weird to me that the demand for part foods is that much higher than normal foods - they can be like 3x or 4x more expensive.

And the weirdest thing is, for some omelettes, 2/3 pieces are more expensive than 1/3 omelettes, even though the latter would take more work to create. There's a conspiracy going on, I tell you!

I'm a bit of a completist, so I've been doing this with a number of food items for my gallery collections. Pieces of an Amazing Apple Usul Cake can be twice the price of a whole one, so I bought six and fed them to a pet over a couple of days to get each variation. 

It's going to take me so long to get some of the apple items out there that a couple of extra days spent on the cakes doesn't really amount to much. :D 

I've been wondering the same actually. While I was going for packrat I was planning to get all of the omelettes (each fraction is a 'unique item' so that's 4 items per type of omelette!).

I ended up buying the most of the whole omelettes & feeding my pet because I'm a cheapskate...

I bought a few partially eaten ones because my poor pets were always bloated :x