Happy Nimmo Day!

Mouseykins

Those are both pretty, though the candy colours remind me of these:

cm89xrd.jpg

Always hated these as a kid! Blech! :laugh: It's still a pretty pet though, a super-summery colour combination.

I do rather like the biscuit one, he seems very pleasingly drawn to me...Ok, hold onto your hats members of TDN, something unexpected coming here...

I think that's potentially the best biscuit pet of the lot! :bigeyed: His colour looks better than a lot of the other pets - let me define that, his BAKE looks better, I think Mary Berry would have nice things to say about him, a lot of the others look a bit under-done.

He doesn't have any of that unpleasant poopy shade that's used on a number of them, like on the Koi's fin and tail -

4.png

Nimmo has choc-chips, the pets that don't look awfully bland. His choc-chips also look good, they don't on a lot of the others.

Yep, shock horror and all that, but I really like this pet!

NO COMPLAINTS FROM ME ABOUT EITHER OF THEM!

And now, back to your regular scheduled programing...

Don't like the clothes :ph34r:

:laughingsmiley: That IS because I don't like Egyptian stuff though, the set itself works pretty well, the top even disguises how daft Nimmos tend to look in skirts so kudos to the artist for that.

I think the candy Nimmo looks more like  Image result for ribbon candy Ribbon Candy or Image result for beach chairs a beach chair, I think the stripes are going the wrong way? :confused: But that's only my opinion. I like frogs but Nimmos seem like an elongated version of them and almost like making them into a person, so I never have been a fan of Nimmos in general (sorry Nimmo owners, but with customization, that can take the "creepy" factor away for me). Lets just say I would freak out if I woke up and found one of these Candy Nimmos at the foot of my bed!:ohno01:

8 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Don't like the clothes :ph34r:

:laughingsmiley: That IS because I don't like Egyptian stuff though, the set itself works pretty well, the top even disguises how daft Nimmos tend to look in skirts so kudos to the artist for that.

I think this time the clothes disprove my theory about the outfit themes being randomly chosen for each species... This definitely looks like it was specifically designed for the Nimmo!

6 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I like frogs but Nimmos seem like an elongated version of them and almost like making them into a person, so I never have been a fan of Nimmos in general (sorry Nimmo owners, but with customization, that can take the "creepy" factor away for me)

Maybe they look more like Kappas? Which puts the creepy factor RIGHT back up there. :laugh:

@deboratibi Yes, in a very nice way! It's a relief to see a set that's clearly been thought out to work well with a particular pet, isn't it.

The candy nimmo really looks like a citroenzuurtje (sour lemon candy) or boterbabbelaar (butterscotch candy): 

citroen-1.jpgbabbelaar_www.jpg

Anyhow, I really like the candy nimmo: it looks edible! Cookie looks okay, but the chocolate chips look kinda 2D or even sometimes like zits or moles to me :stun:

I am not sure I like the clothing. The small thumbnails are very pixely. When I enlanrge the nimmo pic, I get very confused: The headpiece is not situated on the Nimmo's head, as you can see on this large pic. Moreover, on the small pic the 'shirt' looks like a cape i.e. no fabric on the chest, but only on the back/shoulders/sides. But on the large pic the chest is white and the neck is pink? Is that the shirt or the colour of the nimmo? I don't think this grayish colour with white belly and pink neck even exists? Also what's up with the pointy -I am sorry, not sure what to call it- butt, that is normally rounded in nimmos? The longer I look at this picture the more confused I get

nimmo-outfit-egypt.jpg&key=4fbd25c891baf

6 minutes ago, Josi said:

Also what's up with the pointy -I am sorry, not sure what to call it- butt, that is normally rounded in nimmos?

That's just weird, isn't it?! I noticed that yesterday and sat looking at it like :huh:

And now something else...what COLOUR is that Nimmo? Grey with a pink neck and chest? What brush is that?

(OMG, apropos of nothing at all but, a delicious smell of bacon just wafted in through my window... :stun:)