FFQ: Deb's Daunting Decision

deboratibi

So, just now I was on one of my side accounts, refreshing a board I made at the Art Chat to advertise a new entry I made for the BC and I got a Grey Faerie Quest. I got a couple of Grey Faerie Quests not long ago when I opened a Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie and she rewarded me with some unimpressive stats, but for some reason this time I looked at her and said "omg, you're going to give me an FFQ, aren't you? I can tell". I got her the Warf she asked for and I was right, she rewarded me with a dip in the Rainbow Fountain!

I'm so happy!!! :happydance:

Except I don't know what to do :crying_anim:

There are two pets that I've been wanting for quite a long time now, but I've began to rethink a few things about both of them.

4.png Female Transparent Wocky

What I love about the Pastel Zafara: The colours, and the fact that it's not washed out like the other Pastel pets. I think this is what all Pastel pets should be like. I was never particularly a huge fan of the species, but I never disliked them either and when this one was released I immediately wanted it. I think they have a cute expression.
What I love about the Transparent Wocky: It's spooky, and it's a cat. It makes me think of a spooky Cheshire Cat. I like Transparent pets in general, and I like this greyish teal shade they have on them.

What I realised about both of them: They aren't so easy to customise. They certainly aren't difficult compared to certain other species - but the Zafara, even though she isn't so washed out, a lot of items stand out too much and she also has that chest hair. And the Wocky is a quad, has a blocky figure and has that ruff.

I know those characteristics aren't so bad and could be worked around, but I've been getting a lot more into customisation in the past few years and I realised I don't have a "dress up" pet. That would be a pet with a body and colour that works with a wide selection of clothing, so you can change outfits frequently. A few popular species for this are Aishas, Blumaroos, Draiks and Kacheeks. However, I'm not a big fan of these... *sigh* But I'm trying to convince myself otherwise, or perhaps discover a different option. Draiks are out of the question though, I can't stand them, lol. I'll consider Aishas, Kacheeks and Blumaroos, in that order (Help me).

A Transparent Aisha would seem like an interesting option for me, since I like Transparent pets and it's also a cat, I'm just a bit annoyed that everyone and their mother has a Transparent Aisha for customisation purposes :axehead: (I sound fun today don't I)

Female Transparent Aisha

I've got zero thoughts to offer here, lol. :blush:

My question is...is there any kind of time limit on making this decision?

Hmm, I guess then, also...whatever you decide, you CAN change it again at a later date, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're not stuck with this pet forever, no matter what you decide on.

Don't feel I'm being especially helpful here. >_<

Well, no, not really. Especially since it's on a side account, the chances of me getting another quest that overrides this once is very very low. And I don't have to be stuck with the pet forever, but since these opportunities are rare I'd like to make a good decision that I'm unlikely to regret.

I guess I did make the situation a lot more complicated than it has to be, and this post sounds more like I'm just thinking to myself out loud, but if anyone has anything to say about this at all, I'm all ears, lol. I think I should play around with some pets on DTI more and see how I feel about them.

Anyway, if we ignore everything I said about customisation... Team Zafara or Team Wocky?

Hmm, ok, going for the bare bones choice then I'd join Team Zafara; but that's just because that's a pretty pet and the Wocky isn't and isn't something that I'D want to own.

So that's no help to you, is it, lol.

DTI's def going to be a necessary tool for this decision, isn't it!

I kind of cravenly hope that I never get a FFQ, because I know I'd have a terrible time making a choice. :blush:

I have a transparent wocky - also from a grey faerie quest - and I have no regrets! I also love customizing. While it's true she is bulky so some dresses don't look as good I think the face goes so well with most wigs and I usually can come up with an outfit I like (I change everybody's outfit 1x per month). I know EXACTLY what you are saying about the transparent aisha - aishas are my fave (I have a baby and a grey)... and while I considered going with a transparent aisha they did just seem so so popular. Tough decision! I do think the zafara is very pretty, too. I just love the wocky's toothy grin :) 

One thing to keep in mind is that there's a transparent wocky morphing potion for 400,000, according to jellyneo!  That's not all that bad of a price, at least for me, with trudy's and stuff.

I'd say your best bet would be to go with the pastel zafara, or the aisha.  If you did the zafara you could also pretty easily do the wocky too, and still have a transparent pet!

Though like you said, the customizing for the aisha is nice.  I don't think that's a bad option at all, though i really do like the look of that crazy wocky more, when it comes to a spooky kitty like that!

i love transparent pets ... V00D00 can vouch to that .. but this time i'll go with the Zafara .. first of all get a Christmas paint brush and paint the Zafara ... then use the FFQ to make her pastel .. voila .. instant angel  

First of all, thanks everyone! I haven't made my mind yet, but I feel like I have a MUCH better idea of what to do now. I should have slept on this before making the post, it was very early in the morning and I hadn't gone to bed yet, lol.

I didn't know the Transparent Wocky MP was that inexpensive! I was just thinking of the Paint Brush itself which is almost as expensive as the Pastel one. But now that I'm aware of this, the Transparent Wocky is out for sure (as an FFQ option of course, I will still think about getting the potion). So now I just need to be 100% sure I want to go with the Pastel Zafara or if I still want to consider that customisation pet idea. Although I could still get the Zafara with the FFQ and get a pet to dress up by some other means... *ponders*

I will definitely need to spend some time on DTI for this. I'll come back to report any progress I make towards deciding :P

Edit: I feel like I should make it clear that my issue with the Transparent Aisha isn't a matter of "oh, if everyone has one I don't want one because I'm uN1QuE", lol. It's just that since so many people have one, when I see their face I can't find them so cool anymore, I just feel slightly "ugh". And also, it must be hard to make outfits and not feel like you might be accidentally copying someone else's.

21 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I haven't made my mind yet, but I feel like I have a MUCH better idea of what to do now

Mission nearly accomplished then! :D

So you being on here when you should have been asleep wasn't bad after all. :ph34r:

14 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Mission nearly accomplished then! :D

So you being on here when you should have been asleep wasn't bad after all. :ph34r:

I guess not! But maybe if I had gone to bed first I wouldn't have gotten so ahead of myself, lol.

I'm glad you guys are bearing with me :blush:

Update: I don't know what I was thinking when I said the Pastel Zafara wasn't so easy to customise! I've been trying out a bunch of different things on her on DTI and most things look good. Only a handful of tops look odd because of the chest hair, but 90% of them don't. And the items that stand out too much tend to be the older ones, that have heavier line art. But even some of those don't look so bad. I think I had this idea because I tried coming up with the perfect outfit for her some time ago but failed. But I don't even want her to have a permanent "perfect" outfit anymore, I want a pet to play dress up with, so now I realise I can do exactly that with her. 

I'm sorry I doubted your potential, sweetie!

4.png

Anyway... I still have another problem. I don't know if I should make a new pet or morph/paint an existing one. I have a pet named Zihea that I'm currently zapping, and I was thinking about turning her into a Transparent Wocky at some point, but now I'm wondering if maybe I should make her a Pastel Zafara. The name doesn't have a special meaning and I wasn't "saving" it for the Wocky or anything, I just have this pet and I figured I should decide what to do with her. I pronounce the name as "Zee-ah", which I think sounds nice, even if the spelling is a bit odd. I'm not very good at making up names (as exemplified here with "Zihea"), so I'm not so sure if making a new one is a good idea. A third option would be to browse through Lost and Pound and see if there's a name I like there.

You might as well browse through Lost and Pound, you're not gonna lose anything by doing that.

Zihea the Zafara sounds nice!

They have such big pretty eyes don't they?

15 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Edit: I feel like I should make it clear that my issue with the Transparent Aisha isn't a matter of "oh, if everyone has one I don't want one because I'm uN1QuE", lol. It's just that since so many people have one, when I see their face I can't find them so cool anymore, I just feel slightly "ugh". And also, it must be hard to make outfits and not feel like you might be accidentally copying someone else's.

I totally agree... I have seen so many transparent aisha customizations in the spotlight section that I really adore and that are very much my taste.. I'd always feel like I was somehow making looks that are close to something I'd seen before

I also think Zihea is a great name for a Zafara!!

Hai Deb! 

I feel your frustration since I am still indecisive about on what am I going to do with my Fountain dip! (it doesn't have a limit of time to use, right? Because I'm counting on it and let months pass by until I'm able to move pets between my sideaccounts)

I'm afraid I can't help you much but between those 2 options, if it was me to choose, I'd go for Pastel Zafara because
1- I love Zafara's;
2- I looooove even more Pastel Zafaras, that color is gorgeous;
3- They're easier to customize than Wockies, as they're standing and not in 4 legs;
4- The brush color is very soft so it can go along with a wide range of colors in the customization

And Zihea is a lovely name! You should definetely use it! 

Sorry couldn't help myself! Need to share my Zafara! (maybe it'll help you decide for the Pastel :whistle:)
Julieta.png.04024979db711d893f3a8bf31d36b7c7.png

For some reason Yuiina's Zaffie reminds me of Maria Carey, what's all that about!

Maybe it's the considerable chest that dress gives her. >_<

3 hours ago, jellysundae said:

For some reason Yuiina's Zaffie reminds me of Maria Carey, what's all that about!

Maybe it's the considerable chest that dress gives her. >_<

I didn't think at Mariah at all!!! I don't even like her :laughingsmiley:

I love my Zaffie though :wub:

4 hours ago, Yuiina said:

I didn't think at Mariah at all!!! I don't even like her :laughingsmiley:

I love my Zaffie though :wub:

I don't think she looks like Mariah! Not at all.  Your zafara has a sweet, smart feeling.  She looks like someone that would listen to your problems, to me.  She also looks like she might have a strong will, but I think I could be projecting a little haha ;w;  She's lovely.

She is lovely, I apologise to her for implying she looks like a spoiled diva >_<  She doesn't at all, she looks super-sweet and nice. I do think it's just because the dress gives her big boobs; that fur does seem to lead to clothes that give the impression of a somewhat pneumatic chest, on the male Zafaras too, of course, lol. :laughingsmiley:

On 2017-6-19 at 2:46 AM, Rometus said:

I don't think she looks like Mariah! Not at all.  Your zafara has a sweet, smart feeling.  She looks like someone that would listen to your problems, to me.  She also looks like she might have a strong will, but I think I could be projecting a little haha ;w;  She's lovely.

On 2017-6-19 at 9:10 AM, jellysundae said:

She is lovely, I apologise to her for implying she looks like a spoiled diva >_<  She doesn't at all, she looks super-sweet and nice. I do think it's just because the dress gives her big boobs; that fur does seem to lead to clothes that give the impression of a somewhat pneumatic chest, on the male Zafaras too, of course, lol. :laughingsmiley:

That was indeed my intention! To make her look sweet, trustworthy and kind! 
She's the Head of my neofamily :wub:

I'm waiting to see which specie will @deboratibi choose :biggrin:

I'm so sorry I didn't get back to this thread!

Thanks for all the comments on the name, I'm feeling more confident about it now! I do like alliteration *points to topic title*, so I should have realised Zihea would be appropriate for a Zafara :P

@Yuiina No, there's no time limit! The only way you could "lose" a FFQ is if you got another one and completed it, but then that's not exactly losing, that just means you missed the opportunity of painting two pets instead of one. So if you ever get another FFQ, paint your pet, and only then give her the item so she can reward you with the second dip. But given how rare these quests are, it's quite unlikely this will happen, so you shouldn't worry.

I'm 99.9% decided on the Pastel Zafara! I just wanted to decide on a name, and I'm also thinking about a few other details, such as pet storage. Like, if I get the Zafara I will definitely want her on my main account because that's where my NC stuff is, but then I would have 4 permanent pets on my main, which would leave my lab ray unusable. So I'd probably have to chuck one of my pets onto a side account, and I don't know which one. Candrady is out of the question, because she's the OG, so it would have to be either Ilesia or Brodian. Brodian's the youngest, so probably him. That doesn't make me happy though. My other option would be to just go in$ane and buy a new map set and get the lab ray on a side account. Ugh, I don't know. Anyway, I'm rambling...

By the way, I love your Zafara, that's a great customisation! And LOL at the Mariah Carey comment, that was so random. But then again, yeah, the chest xD

7 hours ago, deboratibi said:

My other option would be to just go in$ane and buy a new map set and get the lab ray on a side account. Ugh, I don't know. Anyway, I'm rambling...

I have 4 lab map pieces kicking around that I'd be happy to donate to this cause if you do decide to go for this option, the ones I have are 5, 7, 8 and 9. Two of 9 actually, lol.

43QcR67.png

Getting another map's definitely what I'd want to do in this situation, so I'd like to help someone else do the same thing if they want to. =3 Though knowing my luck you've probably got the same pieces yourself already. >_<

@jellysundae You're too generous, Jelly! :blush: I don't know if I could accept them! Well, first of all I don't know if I'll go with this decision. I'm thinking, while I could keep the 4 pets on my main and use the lab on a side, I might still feel like I'm wasting my main lab... And remembering to log in to my side account every single day might be a bit of a chore. There's a lot to think about... Fortunately there's plenty of time, so for now I guess what I'm going to do is: morph Zihea into a Zafara, paint her Christmas (like Angeló suggested, to get her the snazzy wings and halo!), and then paint her Pastel at the Fountain. Since I got the quest on a side, that's where I'll have to send her to, so I'll leave her there until I decide if I want to get a second lab ray or demote Brodian to a side account pet status, lol. I'll also use that time to think up some outfits for her. I haven't planned anything, so I'm not in a hurry to start dressing her up yet.

Edit: I just realised that if I paint her Christmas and then Pastel, I won't get the Christmas clothing when I send her to my main. I think I'd need to adopt a Zafara on my main, paint it Christmas and then re-pound it. That sounds so cruel though :guiltysmiley: lol

Well the offer's not going away, so just bear/bare (no clue which is the right option here, lol!) it in mind, they're there if it ends up seeming like the best option for you. =3

This process has you jumping through a lot of hoops, doesn't it! But at least there's no time limit so you can take as long as you like thinking things through.

Can you not send the Christmas clothing to your main via a trade? Can it work like that?

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

Edit: I just realised that if I paint her Christmas and then Pastel, I won't get the Christmas clothing when I send her to my main. I think I'd need to adopt a Zafara on my main, paint it Christmas and then re-pound it. That sounds so cruel though

oh i didn't realize the FF is not on your main ... she needs to be the same color to get the clothes (i.e if you send a christmas zafara the wings will go with her but if she's pastel she'll leave them behind) so yes you will need another christmas zafara on your main :(

Brodian is so cute ... can't you send Candrady to your side ?  or do you want more than one Zafara on your main ?