FFQ: Deb's Daunting Decision

deboratibi

@jellysundae Thank you so much! :heart:

I'm afraid not. Like Angeló said, the clothing is only transferred if the pet is the right colour. Since she would be painted Pastel afterwards, it wouldn't work :\

@Angeló Oh, there's absolutely no way I would send Candrady to a side! She's the boss lady. The first pet I created on my main... She's my battle pet, book pet, gourmet pet, nearly everything pet. I don't want two Zafaras, I only thought of the other one as a means to get the Christmas clothing for Zihea. The reason I'm considering moving one of my pets (probably Brodian) is because I want to have a non-permanent slot on my main for a labrat. If I keep 4 pets I don't want to change on my main I can't use the lab ray there.

Right now I'm thinking how cool it would be if I could afford premium - having 5 pet slots on my main would be the perfect solution :thumbsup: (Although even if I could afford it, premium scares me a bit because I hear there's a lot of issues with billing. But I digress...)

oh i know the feeling of having 4 permies !!! i've had that for a while and it's frustrating .. 

so Brodian is your lab pet ?

and what about Ilesia can't you move her to the side ?

6 hours ago, deboratibi said:

I'm afraid not. Like Angeló said, the clothing is only transferred if the pet is the right colour. Since she would be painted Pastel afterwards, it wouldn't work :\

Oh ._.

I knew this...:rolleyes: I mean come on...

This item is part of a deluxe paint brush set!
Paint Brush costume items cannot be removed from your closet!

I got confused because I was looking on DTI at their trading thing (I really can't understand how that works >_<) and one user had a message in their closet that said something like "if you've lost paintbrush items in the pound I have spares from lab zaps"

But that's no use to anyone else so :axehead:

Of course I can't remember what particular item lead me to their closet, so I can't go back and read what they said again. I suspect I read it completely wrong though, at least I hope I did and they're not trying to scam people or something.

39 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

"if you've lost paintbrush items in the pound I have spares from lab zaps"

yeah they do that on the trading boards .. you got a halloween scorchio from the pound ? send it over and they'll cloth it and send it back .. etc etc 

8 hours ago, Angeló said:

oh i know the feeling of having 4 permies !!! i've had that for a while and it's frustrating .. 

so Brodian is your lab pet ?

and what about Ilesia can't you move her to the side ?

No, he's also a permie! Candrady, Brodian and Ilesia are all permies. Zihea is my lab rat as of now, but since she won't be after she becomes a Zafara, I'm going to start zapping a different pet (one of my other side pets). And yes, I could move Ilesia, it has to be either her or Brodian. I have to decide... *strokes chin*

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I got confused because I was looking on DTI at their trading thing (I really can't understand how that works >_<) and one user had a message in their closet that said something like "if you've lost paintbrush items in the pound I have spares from lab zaps"

But that's no use to anyone else so :axehead:

Of course I can't remember what particular item lead me to their closet, so I can't go back and read what they said again. I suspect I read it completely wrong though, at least I hope I did and they're not trying to scam people or something.

Nope, that's completely legit! You can't trade clothing as regular items, but again, as Angeló said, you can do so via pet transfer. If I adopt a Christmas Zafara from the pound, it won't come with the wings and halo, but if I send the pet to someone who has them and they send me back the pet via transfer, I will get the clothing!

20 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

Nope, that's completely legit! You can't trade clothing as regular items, but again, as Angeló said, you can do so via pet transfer. If I adopt a Christmas Zafara from the pound, it won't come with the wings and halo, but if I send the pet to someone who has them and they send me back the pet via transfer, I will get the clothing!

Oh gosh this is making my brain hurt, LOL. But doesn't that mean that you can do that between your own accounts?

4 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Oh gosh this is making my brain hurt, LOL. But doesn't that mean that you can do that between your own accounts?

Hm, yes, you can. I'm getting a bit confused too, hang on...

I could paint Zihea Christmas before painting her Pastel, then adopt a Christmas Zafara from the pound and transfer it to my main. Then I re-pound it and send Zihea to my main and the clothes will be the there waiting for her. But adopting a Zafara on my main and painting it Christmas also works, the clothes will be there and there's the advantage of saving an extra transfer. Also, I don't know if there are a lot of Christmas Zafaras in the pound, and with this method it doesn't matter which colour it is because I will paint it anyway.

@jellysundae the problem is : once the Christmas Zafara is painted Pastel , the Wings and Halo will go into the closet , and not on the pet ... thus if she transferred her to her main , she will go only as a Pastel , not a Christmas/Pastel cross-over. 

@deboratibi Painted pets lose their PB clothes when pounded .. a Christmas Zafara in the pound will be cloth-less as well , you can adopt any color Zafara and paint her Christmas then re-pound her (chances of re-adoption will increase because people love Christmas Zafaras even without the PB clothes) ...

25 minutes ago, Angeló said:

@jellysundae the problem is : once the Christmas Zafara is painted Pastel , the Wings and Halo will go into the closet , and not on the pet ... thus if she transferred her to her main , she will go only as a Pastel , not a Christmas/Pastel cross-over. 

@deboratibi Painted pets lose their PB clothes when pounded .. a Christmas Zafara in the pound will be cloth-less as well , you can adopt any color Zafara and paint her Christmas then re-pound her (chances of re-adoption will increase because people love Christmas Zafaras even without the PB clothes) ...

So I'm back to what's the point of that person on DTI offering clothes that people have lost in the pound...

I think, in general, I'm NEVER going to be able to understand this, lol. :blush02:

But in all this going round and round in circles, you guys are going to come up with a solution in the end. :D

There's at least one Christmas Zafara in the pound right now. http://www.neopets.com/search.phtml?selected_type=pet&string=Shu_9

40 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

So I'm back to what's the point of that person on DTI offering clothes that people have lost in the pound...

let's suppose you pounded a Desert Uni 

the Desert PB clothes will stay in YOUR closet 

someone else (person 2) came and adopted the Uni without the clothes

a third person (person 3) will offer to cloth the Uni for them because they have the Desert PB clothes in their closet but they don't need them anymore (they were either from a lab zap or their Uni has changed species etc etc) ... PB clothes can really clutter up your closet .. for example i have 3 sets of Island Lutari PB clothes cuz of lab zaps) ..  

so person 2 will send the Uni to person 3 who'll cloth her as a Desert Uni again , and send her back to person 2 who now has a fully clothed Desert Uni

@Angeló Ah yes, I know that painted pets lose their clothes when pounded, I thought Jelly was asking if there was a simpler way to get the clothing. So I was explaining my options, which are:

a ) Paint Zihea Christmas > paint her Pastel > adopt a Christmas Zafara on the same side account > transfer it to my main > pound it from my main > send Zihea to my main
b ) Adopt any coloured Zafara on my main > paint it Christmas > pound it > send Zihea to my main after painting her Pastel

Technically there's a third option that would be adopt a Christmas Zafara on my main > ask someone for clothing, but that wouldn't be a cool move since I'd be pounding the pet afterwards, plus, the less people and transfers involved the better.

I think the second one is the simplest

Ah, hang on...WAIT A MINUTE!...I think some understanding may be occurring...:ph34r:

Is my issue here that I'm mixing Pounding - meaning abandoning, up with transferring...?

Abandon a painted pet and it loses its clothes - transfer a painted pet and it doesn't?

Have I finally made sense of things?

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ah, hang on...WAIT A MINUTE!...I think some understanding may be occurring...:ph34r:

Is my issue here that I'm mixing Pounding - meaning abandoning, up with transferring...?

Abandon a painted pet and it loses its clothes - transfer a painted pet and it doesn't?

Have I finally made sense of things?

giphy.gif

LOL, sorry. But yes, that's absolutely right :biggrin:

Haha, FINALLY! Right? :laugh:

Sorry for my derp, but I do tend to get there eventually :blush02: My disease just makes me go ALL around the houses now before I finally get to understand. >_<

On 2017-6-21 at 4:33 AM, deboratibi said:

By the way, I love your Zafara, that's a great customisation! And LOL at the Mariah Carey comment, that was so random. But then again, yeah, the chest xD

Thank you :heart:

On 2017-6-21 at 8:22 AM, Angeló said:

that's not Mariah Carey .. that's a sexy librarian in the Altadorian Archives on her one day off .. taking a stroll right outside her house

Nuuu! Not sexy!! 

__

I think that the second option would be the best even if you have to "pound" a pet :( I don't really like that idea as well, it is very sad isn't it? 

49 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

Nuuu!

i think all librarians are haha

well if Deb adopted a blue Zafara with a nice enough name and re-pounded it as Christmas it'll get picked up quicker i think

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Haha, FINALLY! Right? :laugh:

Sorry for my derp, but I do tend to get there eventually :blush02: My disease just makes me go ALL around the houses now before I finally get to understand. >_<

Well, getting there is what matters, rather than how long it takes, right? At least that's what I tell myself when I have moments like this. And I'm afraid they're quite common because I I'm not the fastest thinker out there, so I shouldn't even be saying anything, lol.

7 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Nuuu!

6 hours ago, Angeló said:

i think all librarians are haha

ROFL today we learned a bit more about Angeló than we wanted to cough.gif

Anyway, to stay on topic: Today I've sent Zihea to my side account. She's currently a Flotsam, but soon I'll be buying a Zafara MP for her. I've also started looking for a nicely named Zafara in the pound (to be painted Christmas on my main and then re-pounded) and wasn't really getting anything until I came across this lovely name: Elynsi. Except she's not a Zafara, she's a Moehog, lol. It was an impulse adoption, but now I'm thinking about actually keeping this pet. I could make her my lab rat (since I need a new one anyway) OR I could make her a Transparent Wocky, since that's a pet I really like/want and the MP is affordable. Do you guys think this name would suit a spooky cat? For the Wocky, I've also been considering the following option: I have a pet named Elvithia (which is a spookier name, since I was obviously inspired by Elvira, lol) and she's a Wraith Usul. I made her that way via FFQ - I loved how they made them look like the Shadow Usul, so I just had to get one. But Wraiths are a bit hard to customise, and since the number of pets I can own is limited, I'm wondering if it might be worth giving her a transformation. So, what would you guys do?

3 hours ago, deboratibi said:

:worried: *hides* 

I think Wraith Usul is amazing even without clothes on ... a spooky BG , a trinket , some hand-held staff is enough ..

I also think Elynsi is a good enough name for a Transparent Wocky .. 

Ah but Deb, this is about what YOU want, not what we'd do. :ph34r:

That's a pretty name. No, pretty's not the right term, maybe feminine is better? Maybe attractive is better. It makes me think of a sexy Italian sports car or something. I think it would suit a spooky cat though because it sounds kind of mysterious.

7 hours ago, deboratibi said:

And again :ph34r: Sorry Angeló, couldn't resist. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

I think Wraith Usul is amazing even without clothes on

7 hours ago, deboratibi said:

Anyway, to stay on topic: Today I've sent Zihea to my side account. She's currently a Flotsam, but soon I'll be buying a Zafara MP for her. I've also started looking for a nicely named Zafara in the pound (to be painted Christmas on my main and then re-pounded) and wasn't really getting anything until I came across this lovely name: Elynsi. Except she's not a Zafara, she's a Moehog, lol. It was an impulse adoption, but now I'm thinking about actually keeping this pet. I could make her my lab rat (since I need a new one anyway) OR I could make her a Transparent Wocky, since that's a pet I really like/want and the MP is affordable. Do you guys think this name would suit a spooky cat? For the Wocky, I've also been considering the following option: I have a pet named Elvithia (which is a spookier name, since I was obviously inspired by Elvira, lol) and she's a Wraith Usul. I made her that way via FFQ - I loved how they made them look like the Shadow Usul, so I just had to get one. But Wraiths are a bit hard to customise, and since the number of pets I can own is limited, I'm wondering if it might be worth giving her a transformation. So, what would you guys do?

I think that Elynsi is a beautiful name! I think that it kind of fits Transparent Wockies.. meaning, it'd fit a more "lovely" character but it is still a very pretty name that'd fit every female. 

I think that Elvithia is perfect perfect perfect for Wraith Usul BUT if you think you have to let one of your species go then it'd be perfect for the Spooky Cat! 
How many pets do you currently own? I have to submit a NT question about sideaccounts per person! I think it is time for them to increase up to 6! Because we deserve it  :whistle:

Also, when you adopt a Zafara (with a nice name) to transform it into Christmas I can always adopt her because I'm in need of good names xD 

23 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Ah but Deb, this is about what YOU want, not what we'd do. :ph34r:

I know, I know! But I don't always know what I want, so asking other people what they would do sometimes helps xD

23 hours ago, jellysundae said:

And again :ph34r: Sorry Angeló, couldn't resist. :laugh:

On 2017-6-24 at 8:17 AM, Angeló said:

I think Wraith Usul is amazing even without clothes on

LOL oh my goodness Jelly, you savage! Behave!

@Yuiina Yeah, I'm not feeling Elynsi for the Transparent Wocky... I think I will either transform Elvithia, or just get a different name for the Wocky. For now, I'll be zapping Elynsi!
I currently have 4 pets on my main and on each of my three side accounts, so a total of 16 pets. We're allowed a main account and up to 4 side accounts, so I can still create another account and get 4 more pets, but I want to avoid doing that for as long as I can.

By the way, thanks guys, for sticking around and bearing with me!

7 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

I know, I know! But I don't always know what I want, so asking other people what they would do sometimes helps xD

How I know that feeling! :D I have it pretty much everytime I customize my pets :laughingsmiley:

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

@Yuiina Yeah, I'm not feeling Elynsi for the Transparent Wocky... I think I will either transform Elvithia, or just get a different name for the Wocky. For now, I'll be zapping Elynsi!
I currently have 4 pets on my main and on each of my three side accounts, so a total of 16 pets. We're allowed a main account and up to 4 side accounts, so I can still create another account and get 4 more pets, but I want to avoid doing that for as long as I can.

By the way, thanks guys, for sticking around and bearing with me!

What's bad in your eyes about having a 5th account? I just made my 5th recently because of the resctrition (that I hate) so it'll reach 4 months before I really need to transfer pets :P

We'll be always here for you Deb :heart:

37 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

How I know that feeling! :D I have it pretty much everytime I customize my pets :laughingsmiley:

What's bad in your eyes about having a 5th account? I just made my 5th recently because of the resctrition (that I hate) so it'll reach 4 months before I really need to transfer pets :P

We'll be always here for you Deb :heart:

Aww, you're too sweet! :blush02:

I don't think it's bad, I just think that for me, personally, it's easier to control the number of pets I own this way. I like having 3 sides because then when my accounts get crowded I think "well, I can still make another one if I have to". I want to have that option open for as long as I can, because I feel that if I went ahead and made another account now, I'd be making it easier for myself to get even more pets and eventually having no free space at all. 

On 2017-6-25 at 7:22 PM, deboratibi said:

Aww, you're too sweet! :blush02:

I don't think it's bad, I just think that for me, personally, it's easier to control the number of pets I own this way. I like having 3 sides because then when my accounts get crowded I think "well, I can still make another one if I have to". I want to have that option open for as long as I can, because I feel that if I went ahead and made another account now, I'd be making it easier for myself to get even more pets and eventually having no free space at all. 

I know what you mean Deb :D

Talking about FFQ, I still have my dip to use.
Now my account is 4 months old and I have no idea what to choose xD Also I got a Grey Faerie quest and I'm not doing it until I use the dip. I know I'll not get another but it is better to not risk. 

So I'll probably also need your help xD But not today because I got home very late from work. 

• 2 weeks later...

You guys won't believe this, but I opened a Faerie Quest Fortune Cookie on my main, got the Grey Faerie, and...

I have no magic of my own to reward you with, so I'm asking for help from another faerie.
Rainbow Fountain Faerie, come and bestow your blessing upon this Neopian! I cannot abide a debt that is not paid.

She will allow you to take a dip in the Rainbow Fountain!

lol.gif

This makes the whole cross painting process easier! I'll send Zihea over to my main again, morph her into a Zafara, paint her Christmas and then paint her Pastel. I don't have to adopt another Zafara anymore. But now I have to decide how to use the FFQ I still have on my side account... This is such a first (neopian) world problem, lol.