Curious For One Thing, Wishing For Another

DesertRose

I'm curious about something: If your team medals in the Altador Cup, do you get a trophy in addition to your rank trophy? I have been trying to figure this out on my own, and I can't come up with a solution. Logically, you should get an additional trophy if your team medals, but you never know.

I  also find myself wishing that you could pick up where you left off from AC to AC. If you made rank 2 one year, you could start there and work towards rank 3. I know it's wishful thinking, but who among us hasn't made that wish? We all want to get to the All-Star level, but few of us have what it takes to do it.

If you have done it, my hat is off to you. :rock:

I think I read somewhere that you get a different looking trophy if your team ranks (as in still just one trophy but looks different from non-ranking teams). I can't validate this, having never been on a ranking team.. I do wish we could pick up where we left off too lol what an idea.. I also wish these 'practice days' were run differently this year... today would be a good day for me to play, but alas - practice day. Womp. 

@charelan is correct, if your team gets 1st, 2nd or 3rd place, your trophy looks different from the regular trophies. You can take a look at last year's trophies over on JellyNeo, or at AC IX's trophies, right here on TDN. The main difference is that the trophies for the winning teams are placed on a bit of stand, so they look taller, and the text underneath your trophy will also indicate if your team won 3rd, 2nd or 1st place. (The colour of the trophy still corresponds to your rank though. I believe this used to be different - you could make All-Star, but be stuck with a wooden trophy if you weren't on the winning team.)

Thank you for the info. I was curious about that myself. Last I checked, my team (Maraqua) was in seventh place during round robin. Considering the highest my team previously scored was twelfth, I'm feeling hopeful for the finals. Not overconfident...Just hopeful.