I am not sure where I should have posted this but I wanted to make sure EVERYONE noticed it.  I just got a pop up on my computer.  I wish I took a screen shot but I didn't.  I will if I get it again.  It was a gray box that asked for my username and password.  It said something to the effect of, "Neopets is requesting your username and password for authentification.  Your password will not be shared with the current site."  I just X'd out the box and continued to play.  I would never login in a spot other than the login spot.  That was very odd.  Wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?  The box DID mention neopets but I still don't trust it.  I will screen shot it if it happens again.  Beware!

40 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

I am not sure where I should have posted this but I wanted to make sure EVERYONE noticed it.  I just got a pop up on my computer.  I wish I took a screen shot but I didn't.  I will if I get it again.  It was a gray box that asked for my username and password.  It said something to the effect of, "Neopets is requesting your username and password for authentification.  Your password will not be shared with the current site."  I just X'd out the box and continued to play.  I would never login in a spot other than the login spot.  That was very odd.  Wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?  The box DID mention neopets but I still don't trust it.  I will screen shot it if it happens again.  Beware!

There is a topic on the "Help" Neoboard, located here: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=158781788.

Apparently, a few noticed it by accessing the "News" link. Veteran "Help" Neoboarders posted that it is the new image that requires "admin" login, and whoever updated the "News" link, forgot to change it.

Here is what I got, when clicking on the "News" link:

I am using Firefox. Looks like they fixed it now.

BUT, good call. NEVER give your login information and never enter it into a login prompt, without verifying the source.

EDIT: 20 June 17 - It won't let me save this post with the image.

I saw that too, and since it happened on the news page, I assumed it was admin stuff. If I had seen this on a user shop or lookup I would have freaked out, lol. But yeah, it's always good to remind everyone to watch out and not click on or enter information on things they're not sure about.

I had this happen to me years ago when the original company still owned them, it was the same thing it is now, admin edit glitch. Thank you for the warning! :D