Starting over after 13 years!

ahreinya

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm an adult who plays. Not regularly, but I do find it entertaining, and it's at least a positive way to pass time. Anyway, I didn't play for several years, and I'm just wondering if certain things still "work", and what the function of some things are, if someone could help me out. 

Does Tarla's Non Tool Bar page ever give anything out anymore? Every time I go, it says that she has other duties, and there isn't anything there.

Does the Attic ever give anything out? It's new to me, something added after I stopped playing. I made an account for my youngest son, and tried to go there for him, but it says that he can't play because his account was created after a certain date. It isn't an issue where I need to send the permission form in. So that makes me wonder if it's an active page, or something that is just leftover.

I am signed up for reminders for Trudy's Surprise, but honestly, I do not remember signing up for this. I have gone to the page and won prizes since I started playing again, but who is Trudy, and does anyone have a quick back story on the game, or when it was added? I see that you can untick the box for the reminders, in the preferences section. (why would getting freebies be a bother? haha)

I am also wondering if there are still Halloween Goody Bags given out every year. There was a time when I'd only log in for those, but then I just got to be too busy. Are they still in random locations like they used to be? I don't remember if it was this forum, or another, that would give the locations, making it easy...or if it's all just random now, because that was being done.

I think that's all for now, thanks!

I'll give answering these questions my best shot, but despite how long I've been playing Neopets, there's a lot I never paid any attention to, so there are definitely some gaps in my knowledge.

Tarla's Non Toolbar page does still give stuff out, but it takes luck, refreshing often, or keeping a close eye on the Neoboards (where someone will usually start a topic if she's there) to catch her. (The few times I've managed to get there in time, I was there near the end, so I've never really gotten anything valuable from her.)

The Almost Abandoned Attic is only accessible to accounts that are over 36 months old, but that doesn't currently matter, as it's been broken since Jumpstart took over. (Which is a shame, since it used to sell some pretty good stuff.)

(Just in case you didn't know, here's some info on Jumpstart taking over Neopets.)

Trudy's Surprise just suddenly showed up, I think it was sometime last year, but I'm honestly not certain. I don't really know her story - or if she has much of a story - but this is what TDN has to say about her. Being able to switch Trudy's off is useful on side accounts, as you're not allowed to make NP on more than one account. (Plus, while it's now a mostly unobtrusive notification on the top of the page, right at the beginning, the entire thing would just show up on every page, until you played it.)

I'm pretty sure goodie bags are still given out around Halloween, and that they're in random places. But I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will be along with more accurate information. :)

Oh, and welcome to TDN. :D

One event you might have missed is Charity Corner. Not sure if they'll do another and if they do it'll be next year most likely, but it's worth holding onto r90+ items that you get on dailies and such. Huge chance to get incredibly rare items when CC is on.

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=charity_corner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trudy is a fairly new daily, that is switched on by default (switch off for side accounts so you don't accidentally play, as that would be against rules), and gives you an average of 20k a day if you play it every day.

They do do the halloween goodie bags, which are in designated spots that change each year.  So, the help sites create a page that will tell you where to go to get them.  They also do similar things at other times of year.

• 2 weeks later...

I came back to neopets after not playing for about 10 years. I have been playing for about a year now. From what I can see most everything is the same, although I have been trying to get some avatars for games that have been under repair for a very long time lol. I'm sure they will figure them out eventually. 

One question I have, do they still do those big events where you have to figure out puzzles and complete story lines for prizes? Like they did with Altador? I really enjoyed doing those!

59 minutes ago, crystolm said:

I came back to neopets after not playing for about 10 years. I have been playing for about a year now. From what I can see most everything is the same, although I have been trying to get some avatars for games that have been under repair for a very long time lol. I'm sure they will figure them out eventually. 

One question I have, do they still do those big events where you have to figure out puzzles and complete story lines for prizes? Like they did with Altador? I really enjoyed doing those!

There have been rumours about a new plot coming up, although when it will be happening is still unclear. There's a thread about it here.