how do you choose your factions/ boons?

I feel that I have been doing this wrong. 

I have always chosen the premium boon Full Pockets bc I don't necessarily play a ton of games. During the AC I realized that this was a very poor strategy. Of course, my selection was already made and it was too late to choose. Now I think it'd be better to choose Premium Dreamium repeatedly until such a time as you have a stockpile of scratchcards and can do them all in one go. All those Yooyuball games could have been earning me more points... I just didn't really consider it.

As far as the other boons go, now I have somewhat of a strategy. I bought a bunch of faerie cookies during the festival when they were on sale. Now I try to join a faction that has the Refresh Quest Request and choose that. 

I accidentally selected Thieves Guild last time (meant to go for Order) and they won. I didn't know which boon was best and went with Scratch Master. Not sure how I feel about it. 

I've had Bank Bribery before, too, and I really like that one.

How do you choose your factions/ boons?

Let's do this neatly, lol.

Brutes: All their boons are rubbish really, I'll go for the GRRRAAAAHHHHHH! one as it's the only one that's of any kind of use for me. I'm not gonna complain (much :ph34r:) about a bit of extra oomph in the BD.

Order: My choice has been between Cartogriphication and Doctor Who? with these guys. I chose the healing one last time and it paid off immediately as Bart gave my BD pet Sneezles that very day, lol. Cartogriphication's all very well, but it's not much of a gain (couple of thousand NP at best, one day it was only 500 so actual gain was just 100...) so I think I should stick with the doc for Order.

Seekers: BOOK SMARTSSSS Nothing more to say here. :laugh:

Sway: I like the Bank Bribery and Cheaper By The Dozen boons the best, tough to choose between those two but I tend to go for the cheaper stocks. I think I'll likely stick with that one until my bank balance reaches a level where it would be worth my while to use the bribery one instead. But I'm not sure how I'll know when that time arrives. xD

Thieves:  Cheaper By The Dozen all the way!

I don't restock and I'm not much for the battledome or anything like that- the only thing that I do on Neopets that really relates to the boons is play the stock market (my main source of income besides trudy's surprise), so I always pick whatever faction has Cheaper by the Dozen (so in general, The Sway or the Thieve's Guild). It's a tremendous help when that faction wins and you can buy stocks for 2/3 the normal minimum price.

Bank Bribery! I haven't had a lot of time to play a lot of games like I used to, so What little I have in the bank, I want it to get a boost. Trudy's Surprise is my main NP earner at present. lol But I sometimes get some items from the BD worth selling, or from site events.

Quest Refresh is GREAT if you are trying to get a specific stat raised, though you can only refresh a quest once, it's still giving you a 2nd chance at getting the faerie you'd really want. :)

The one where you can spin the wheels on Neopets twice isn't too bad. Spin a wheel once, get prize, refresh, spin again at the same price, and hope for a decent prize. :) Scratch Master, is similar, buy a card, and then refresh and buy a 2nd. You can scratch up to 5 cards a day either way, but if you can't be on at every interval, you can stockpile some cards.

Cartographication, leads you through the faerie caves, but the NP prize is pretty random, most I've found was 10,000np, with or without this boon's help. Lowest was just several hundred NP. So it's kind of a toss-up each day whether it will be good or not.

For the premium, I always go with the one associated with the Space Faerie Scratchcards. I think it only adds 1000np to your NP winnings. If you get an item instead of NP, then it adds 1000np to the item you won. It's the 1k added to item wins that I'm basing my theory on how much NP it adds to the NP wins.

Was so busy between YYB and other things that I missed battling this last round. Oh well, with these skirmishes, there's always the next time. ;)

19 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Seekers: BOOK SMARTSSSS Nothing more to say here. :laugh:

Thieves:  Cheaper By The Dozen all the way!

Hmmm... interesting.. I've never used either! I admit I am intimidated by the Neopian stock market and have never tried... Perhaps I should broaden my horizons...

1 hour ago, charelan said:

Hmmm... interesting.. I've never used either! I admit I am intimidated by the Neopian stock market and have never tried... Perhaps I should broaden my horizons...

Maybe the Cheaper by the Dozen boon could be a way of dipping your toe into the turbid waters of the stock market?

I was intimidated by it too, but it really is as simple as buy 1000 stocks per day at 15, and selling at 60+ to maximise profit.

The stocks boon enables you to buy at 10 instead of 15, which is awesome. :lmaosmiley: The BARGAIN STOCKS page is super handy, and I'll admit to leaving it open for hours and regularly refreshing if no stocks are currently at 15, because I'm a skinflint and I HATE having to pay more than necessary. :laugh:

It's not a fast way to earn NP, but it can be very exciting at times!

THIS thread might be helpful to you? I wish it was more active but it seems stocks on TDN are kind of like Fight Club :ph34r:

On 6/28/2017 at 6:07 AM, jellysundae said:

The stocks boon enables you to buy at 10 instead of 15, which is awesome. :lmaosmiley: The BARGAIN STOCKS page is super handy, and I'll admit to leaving it open for hours and regularly refreshing if no stocks are currently at 15, because I'm a skinflint and I HATE having to pay more than necessary. :laugh:

I am going to try it out! 

16 minutes ago, charelan said:

I am going to try it out! 

Awesome! Just don't hunt me down if the stocks you choose then take years to do anything productive? :ph34r: xD

• 2 weeks later...

I look at Sunnyneo's history of when a faction last one and whichever of the current 3 haven't won in a while, I tend to pick to them in hopes that others who still need avatars are going for them too but me and the rest of Neopia aren't on the same wavelength. Sometimes I go for either/or the farthest win/more popular faction like Sway or Seekers since most people are just selfish and go for the faction with the "best" boons or at the very least, a boon of interest for oneself. I don't have 1 favorite boon, there's at least 1 for each faction so it really doesn't matter to me who wins. I haven't had the greatest track record of choosing the right faction so my Space Faerie scratchcards go untouched for weeks at a time (or I thought they did but when I usually see the blue circle, I tend to try getting rid of it but opening the link in a new tab but not doing anything and close the tab but when I pick the right faction, I don't have as many tickets as I thought I should have to scratch off). Lately though, it seems that I'm picking right (therefore, my aforementioned thought of not having as many scratchcards would make sense but I don't really know since my memory is failing me more and more each year) so I get to enjoy my boons!