Altador Cup 2017 Prize Shops Open!

hrtbrk

Awesome! I think I like most of the prizes. Some of the cheaper ones look kinda raggedy, such as:

Yooyu Nail PaintYooyu Pencil Sharpener

But I don't care much about those anyway, I always look forward to getting the books, wearables and stamp. Anyway, I'm having a bit of a dilemma now, because I have about 17k points to spend, which is more than enough to get 2 stamps (I always get one for myself and one to sell in the future), BUT I also really like this background, which costs 12k:

Yooyuball Sports Store

If I get this background I can only afford one stamp. I need to think very carefully...

Best part of the cup, THE PRIZES

I don't have nearly enough points haha, but I'll HAVE to buy one of those beanies for my gallery. 

Edited by pulpfreeoj

2 hours ago, deboratibi said:

If I get this background I can only afford one stamp. I need to think very carefully...

That means you could have the background you like and a stamp for your album, so those are both the things you wanted! All you're missing out on is a stamp to sell, but they're currently only going for 2m. Of course the value will increase as they become rarer over time, but how much? The other option would be to get two stamps, sell one, and then buy the background, right? So I guess it depends which is more valuable--the stamp or the background--so you know if selling the stamp will cover the cost of the background, or if the lost profit of the stamp is worth spending your prize points on the background...if that makes sense, lol. In any case, you might not know which is more valuable for a few days, or even until the prize shop closes next year. Personally, I would buy one of each since you would get both the things you want. You wouldn't have the extra stamp to sell, but there's no point in missing nps you didn't have in the first place. 

If anyone here has a stamp they're willing to sell, please let me know via PM and we can work out a deal. I sadly wasn't able to play much this year. My online time has significantly been shrunk down with everything I've got going on right now. Thanks!

I'm not overly impressed with the prizes from the shop either. At least they remembered Faerieland's team item this year. Last year they forgot it and I was NOT impressed!

4 hours ago, acmerasta said:

Now I remember why I forgot about the prize shop from last year till the reminder before this year's cup lol

I KNOW! :laugh: I get super-excited and then I get to the prize shop :lmaosmiley:, and then I see my total points 11,550 (which my sisters keep telling me to shut up, because they have 1000 or my other sister whose account was"flagged" only got 584 points & played  230 YYB games & was only given Rank 2 for her look up). :crying_anim: :ohno01:

Still, it's better than nothing. I can get a stamp but not that Island Yooyu or the Mystery Island Paintbrush (boy is that going to hike up its price!). How about the Staff Prizes? I only have 27000 to spend there and I don't want to waste my points on silly things. Is the Tyrannian Sceptre a battle dome equipment or just a wearable staff that just looks like it could do something but really doesn't? I almost didn't pick up the claws last year. I'm not rushing into anything right now. I need to see what is worth spending my points on & maybe the "lower points" items I can buy later, much later. :ph34r:   

Bah! Only got 4680 points. :( That's even fewer than that Absolute Corruption petpage said I should have for 398 games. So I guess their page was off this year. :P

I might have to wade into the trading post to get a stamp. Since there are some other items I definitely want. *Looks at the TP* I wish the stamp had been a little cheaper this year. :( Can't believe people are already going nuts with asking prices of 2 mil for them. -_-

1 hour ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I KNOW! :laugh: I get super-excited and then I get to the prize shop :lmaosmiley:, and then I see my total points 11,550 (which my sisters keep telling me to shut up, because they have 1000 or my other sister whose account was"flagged" only got 584 points & played  230 YYB games & was only given Rank 2 for her look up). :crying_anim: :ohno01:

Still, it's better than nothing. I can get a stamp but not that Island Yooyu or the Mystery Island Paintbrush (boy is that going to hike up its price!). How about the Staff Prizes? I only have 27000 to spend there and I don't want to waste my points on silly things. Is the Tyrannian Sceptre a battle dome equipment or just a wearable staff that just looks like it could do something but really doesn't? I almost didn't pick up the claws last year. I'm not rushing into anything right now. I need to see what is worth spending my points on & maybe the "lower points" items I can buy later, much later. :ph34r:   

The Tyrannian Sceptre is a battledome item. You can check it out over on our database. :D

If it was a wearable it would have that hanger icon, or at least it should. I noticed the two jerseys in the prize shop are missing the hanger.

Hmm...

There's hopefully been a snafu that's going to get fixed, because right now the office racks are equipping not just themselves but the office desk from last year's prizes...:laugh:

kRBpQqd.png

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

the office racks are equipping not just themselves but the office desk from last year's prizes

i thought they looked familiar .. maybe they were one item and JS split them into two but something in their DNA (i.e coding) stayed intact ...

9 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i thought they looked familiar .. maybe they were one item and JS split them into two but something in their DNA (i.e coding) stayed intact ...

They are...fraternal test tube twins!

Hopefully they sort it out soon anyway, I never liked the desk, lol.

I'm kind of surprised (well, not surprised, really, maybe disappointed is a better word) that the (good) prizes, like the stamp, are actually more expensive this year than they were last year, even though we had less time to rank up.

As for the Staff Tournament prize shop, I'm always slightly surprised that it's actually impossible to get enough points to buy all of the items. (If you'd somehow managed to pick the highest scoring players each round (if my calculations are correct), you'd have gotten 30450 points, while buying all the prizes would require 36751 points.)

On 29/06/2017 at 9:44 PM, Angeló said:

which rank are you @deboratibi ?

I'm All-Star (unofficially rank 27)!

23 hours ago, kayahtik said:

That means you could have the background you like and a stamp for your album, so those are both the things you wanted! All you're missing out on is a stamp to sell, but they're currently only going for 2m. Of course the value will increase as they become rarer over time, but how much? The other option would be to get two stamps, sell one, and then buy the background, right? So I guess it depends which is more valuable--the stamp or the background--so you know if selling the stamp will cover the cost of the background, or if the lost profit of the stamp is worth spending your prize points on the background...if that makes sense, lol. In any case, you might not know which is more valuable for a few days, or even until the prize shop closes next year. Personally, I would buy one of each since you would get both the things you want. You wouldn't have the extra stamp to sell, but there's no point in missing nps you didn't have in the first place. 

This does make sense, and I think you're probably right! Right now the background is worth more than the stamp, since it costs more prize points, of course. For that reason less people will have the background, which will make it rarer/more expensive. But then again backgrounds aren't consumable, and stamps are. I don't know, I have a very poor understanding of economics so I probably shouldn't base my decision solely on that, lol. I need to assess how much I like the background and ask myself if it's worth it. I'm not sure if I'd pay millions out of my own pocket for it, but prize points are a different story. So this is my real chance to get it...

2 hours ago, deboratibi said:

But then again backgrounds aren't consumable, and stamps are.

That's a good point that I hadn't thought of in this situation! (And I'm usually always going on about the economics of consumable items...smh.) You're right about the difference between prize points and neopoints though. It might be easier to talk yourself into spending prize points on it than several million nps somewhere down the line. Since the background isn't consumable, as you pointed out, its value may decrease over time, but it could still theoretically be sold for enough neopoints to get you another stamp/the same amount of profit an extra stamp would've gotten you, if you ever decided to go that route. 

7 minutes ago, midnight_spell360 said:

I guess this is where we are thankful that none of the AC Prizes suffer from last year's horrible fate! Remember ite_acy18_cactus.gif CACTUS BUTT PLANT! :lmaosmiley:

Hahaha, hey now, I offended people with my comments about that item, don't be giving me flash-backs. :laugh:

6 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

don't be giving me flash-backs. :laugh:

Awww! I think our discussion on that AC Prize is where I found that I really fit in at TDN and it was home for me. So I :heart: the strange Yooyu Cactus in all of its PINK glory! No one should get upset, it's just in fun.:snitch:

4 minutes ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Awww! I think our discussion on that AC Prize is where I found that I really fit in at TDN and it was home for me. So I :heart: the strange Yooyu Cactus in all of its PINK glory! No one should get upset, it's just in fun.:snitch:

Aw!! I'm glad the yooyu cactus has found a place in someone's heart! Especially for such a nice reason! :D

I'm glad my inappropriateness did a very good thing, too!

*settles down for a nice warm fuzzies moment*

^_^

7 minutes ago, Nielo said:

JellyNeo classifies it as a school item, so I'm guessing it's not readable.

I guess that's why it's selling for 18k while the other 150 points AC Prizes are selling: Paper Yooyu Wall Art for 95k, Yooyu Dungaree for 50k, and Yooyu Print Jacket 50-60k. Good to know to not pick up a "book" I cn't read! Thanks!