What was your final rank this year?

geoterza

What was your final Altador Cup Rank?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What was your final rank this year?

13. Last year I got to 12, so I wanted to do (slightly) better this year. (I made All-Star two years ago, but I only managed that because I was unemployed at the time. I'm pretty sure I'll never manage to make All-Star again.)

Btw, if you want to check what rank people made (and see their other stats), you can use this link, and just put their username at the end:

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/2017/trophy.phtml?username=marjolein71

I got to rank 8. At first I was frustrated for not making it at least to 10, but then I like 8 because it looks like infinity symbol, but I still want to get a higher ranking next year. Anyway, I only got to 1 last year and this time I was able to get everything I wanted from the prize shop, so I'm happy.

Rank 5! Same rank I got in the last Altador Cup I participated in, which was actually AC IV.

I got a bunch of the cheaper stuff on the prize shop, as I anticipated, so I'm okay with that. I was just four YYB games away from Rank 6 but I was too busy and distracted to grind through that final rank though. Grrr

9 hours ago, life_eclectic said:

I got to rank 8. At first I was frustrated for not making it at least to 10, but then I like 8 because it looks like infinity symbol

Aww, I love Schoolhouse Rock's "Number 8" with the little girl who skated. Turns out (my mom actually has a book about every Schoolhouse Rock video) that the little girl was Bob Dorough's (sp.?) daughter, who grew up to be the second chair violinist or cello player (I don't remember, it was a long time ago when I listened from the backseat of the NPR interview they did with Bob (a co-creator of Schoolhouse Rock) of the Houston Symphony, which he visits every year. This is one of my favorite math videos and a tribute to your Rank 8, Riley! Congratulations! 

I got All Star, probably bc I don't have a job. Congratulations to everyone, bc the AC changed up the rules a little & took away the Jelly Days that helped many of us rank up, so kudos to us, we are the Champions of ...not the World, but of AC XII! 

And the video for all of us, regardless of our Rank is

21 hours ago, Nielo said:

13. Last year I got to 12, so I wanted to do (slightly) better this year. (I made All-Star two years ago, but I only managed that because I was unemployed at the time. I'm pretty sure I'll never manage to make All-Star again.)

Btw, if you want to check what rank people made (and see their other stats), you can use this link, and just put their username at the end:

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/2017/trophy.phtml?username=marjolein71

LOL.  I am the same way.  I made 13 every year.  My goal (each year- lol) was to beat my previous rank but it never happened.  I was always happy with 13 though because it was the first rank with a silver shield.  This year I was determined to beat my rank 13 AND make rank 17, for a gold shield.  I managed 17 and was happy with that.  When I was at rank 18 I realized I could make All-star if I really worked at it.  I did it!  I finally made all-star, which I thought I would NEVER do.  I work full time too, so it was no easy feat.

10 hours ago, shrouded_sorceress said:

I made it to All Star this year, however it still wasn't enough to buy the background from the prize shop - I was about 300 measly points short grrrrr! lol 

Yes, me too!  I was very disappointed.  I feel that if you make all-star, you should have enough points to buy ANYTHING in the shop, even if that is the ONLY item you can buy.  Meaning, if you have to spend all of your points to buy the most expensive item, so be it.  But you should have the option of doing so.  There is really no credit for reaching all-star.

10 hours ago, life_eclectic said:

I got to rank 8. At first I was frustrated for not making it at least to 10, but then I like 8 because it looks like infinity symbol, but I still want to get a higher ranking next year. Anyway, I only got to 1 last year and this time I was able to get everything I wanted from the prize shop, so I'm happy.

At least you beat last year's rank, that is awesome.  I can understand the frustration, but give yourself credit for a big improvement.  That is all you can ask of yourself.

59 minutes ago, rntracy1 said:

LOL.  I am the same way.  I made 13 every year.  My goal (each year- lol) was to beat my previous rank but it never happened.  I was always happy with 13 though because it was the first rank with a silver shield.  This year I was determined to beat my rank 13 AND make rank 17, for a gold shield.  I managed 17 and was happy with that.  When I was at rank 18 I realized I could make All-star if I really worked at it.  I did it!  I finally made all-star, which I thought I would NEVER do.  I work full time too, so it was no easy feat.

Wow, reaching All-Star while working full-time is truly impressive! I really don't think I could ever manage that. (Reaching All-Star that one time kinda felt like a full-time job in itself.) Congrats! :biggrin:

I only made Rank 1. Just getting that far with all Shootout Showdown games was driving me crazy. I'm terrible at Yooyu ball, so I stick to  the side games. The good news is that my team, Maraqua, placed third! That's a first for me.

I made it to rank 3, mostly just playing SoSD.  Yooyu ball gives me severe anxiety to the point where i just can't really play it at all haha ;w;

Because of my anxiety, I've never done anything more than place in the past though, so I was proud of myself!  I could have ranked up more but I just saw some people got frozen and stuff and I thought like, one of my biggest regrets would be if I ended up losing my account for playing in a tournament I didn't really care much about in the first place, so I just sat back, satisfied that I'd done more than just a couple games this year. :)

16 minutes ago, Rometus said:

I could have ranked up more but I just saw some people got frozen and stuff and I thought like, one of my biggest regrets would be if I ended up losing my account for playing in a tournament I didn't really care much about in the first place, so I just sat back, satisfied that I'd done more than just a couple games this year. :)

That makes a lot of sense. In fact, when JS/TNT flagged my sister's account and we figured that it must be because we both used the same computer, she stopped using our computer and tried her best to play AC on her Chrome book (not very easy to do). She sent a ticket on June 6th to tell them that she was sharing a computer with a sibling (me) and that it wasn't fair to penalize us for not being affluent enough to afford separate computers, especially that my parents were supporting 4 kids in college this year. When they didn't respond, she tried her best to play when she could but it was so discouraging that her Rank NEVER went past 2. Even at the end, JS/TNT finally responded to her ticket on June 26th with: Thanks for writing in! Altador Cup is now over! and marked her ticket: Solved. She only got Rank 2 for playing 230 YYB games, 100 MSN, 100 SOSD, and 50 SS to get only 584 points to spend at the Prize Shop. :(  You better believe I want to get her a good prize because she really tried and was so worried about them freezing my account like you said, Rometus"for playing in a tournament that (she) didn't really care much about in the first place".

2 hours ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Even at the end, JS/TNT finally responded to her ticket on June 26th with: Thanks for writing in! Altador Cup is now over! and marked her ticket: Solved. She only got Rank 2 for playing 230 YYB games, 100 MSN, 100 SOSD, and 50 SS to get only 584 points to spend at the Prize Shop. :(  You better believe I want to get her a good prize because she really tried and was so worried about them freezing my account like you said, Rometus"for playing in a tournament that (she) didn't really care much about in the first place".

Oh wow that's so terrible ;w;

I'm glad you guys didn't both get frozen or something, but still, playing all those games and getting nothing to show for it is just painful.  The anti cheating measures this year were a little excessive.  Though, it's not so much that, but that they don't really seem to have enough staff to deal with all the support tickets they get and a lot of people were just honest players that got caught in the crossfire.

I don't think I'll be making much of an effort next year.

Just barely made 398 wins, giving me a Rank this year of 12. I got to rank 16 last year, but Oh well. Just for fun, my stats for this year.

I did manage to get to rank 12, here are my stats for this year. I generally JUST play Yooyuball, and rarely try the support games. YYB is a faster, more efficient ranking option imho. ;)

Yooyuball
Goals Scored     4,889
  Goals by Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis 4,210
  Goals by Oten Runeu 223
  Goals by Lamelle Turow 235
  Goals by Barit Jowes     221
  Saves by Tonie Plessix 324
Number of Wins    398
Number of Draws    0
Number of Losses 0

10 Goals = 28
11 Goals = 60
12 Goals = 65
13 Goals = 86
14 Goals = 68
15 Goals = 45
16 Goals = 10
17 Goals = 01

Total 363 games of 10+ goals

Also improved my Goals per game average over last year decently.
AC 2016 = 12.06514657980456 per game,
AC 2017 = 12.28391959798995 per game.

Maybe I can do better next year...  If you are curious about other people's rankings, you can also go to their lookups and click on the Altador Cup XII trophy to see their stats. Though you won't see how many times they scored x# of goals. That's something I keep track of during my AC playing by taking screenshots of the scoreboard just before submitting my score, but only if the score is 10 goals or more on my side. It eats a bit of time, but it helps me keep track of if I'm getting better or not. Apparently I improved in my goals per games, both in average and in actual games, compared to last year.

I'm glad you found a good way to play Geoterza! I don't know what rank you got, but I hope you do even better next year! ^_^ Being competitive is fun, but since we aren't all in DIRECT 1 on 1 competition,  more indirectly playing against each other. We can certainly be good sports enough to hope everyone improves for next year. ^_^  However they figured things this year to keep the game more fair than it may have been in the past, I hope next year will be like this year in that regard. That being said, I also hope they let us improve our personal (not team) ranks on Practice Days again, it STINKS that they didn't allow that this year. :(

11 hours ago, Rometus said:

I made it to rank 3, mostly just playing SoSD.  Yooyu ball gives me severe anxiety to the point where i just can't really play it at all haha ;w;

Because of my anxiety, I've never done anything more than place in the past though, so I was proud of myself!  I could have ranked up more but I just saw some people got frozen and stuff and I thought like, one of my biggest regrets would be if I ended up losing my account for playing in a tournament I didn't really care much about in the first place, so I just sat back, satisfied that I'd done more than just a couple games this year. :)

The freezings happened last year; this year people just got flagged. A lot of innocent people were still affected, and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have played a lot, fairly, and only get a handful of prize points. But at least no one lost their account this year (that I heard of, at least), so it's an improvement in their way of dealing with cheaters. (Now if only they could find a way that would only affect the cheaters, that'd be perfect.)

5 hours ago, jatex said:

How is it decided which trophy you'll get?

It mainly depends on your rank:

Beginnner: Participation Medal
Rank 1-5: Wooden Trophy
Rank 6-10: Bronze Trophy
Rank 11-15: Silver Trophy
Rank 16+: Gold Trophy

(I'm pretty sure that this is the way the trophies are determined, but I couldn't actually find any of the boards/pages anymore that confirm this, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The winners also get a slightly bigger trophy, and this year which bracket you ended up in also played a part in which size trophy you got.

2 hours ago, Nielo said:

It mainly depends on your rank:

Beginnner: Participation Medal
Rank 1-5: Wooden Trophy
Rank 6-10: Bronze Trophy
Rank 11-15: Silver Trophy
Rank 16+: Gold Trophy

(I'm pretty sure that this is the way the trophies are determined, but I couldn't actually find any of the boards/pages anymore that confirm this, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The winners also get a slightly bigger trophy, and this year which bracket you ended up in also played a part in which size trophy you got.

Weird. I ask this because I had Rank 7 in a previous year and only ended up with a participation medal...

3 hours ago, jatex said:

Weird. I ask this because I had Rank 7 in a previous year and only ended up with a participation medal...

Looking at your profile, that happened quite a few AC's ago, and trophies were determined differently then. I haven't actually played in any of those AC's, so I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think only the winners got actual trophies back then, and everyone else got a participation medal, regardless of rank.

I totally forgot that to get a trophy (and not a participation medal) you had to get to Rank 1 at least, so I just played one single game of yooyuball and called it quits. Now I'll always have that ugly medal on my lookup to remind what an idiot I am :P

• 2 weeks later...