So what exactly is the 'shop of offers'?

VanillaVanity

This is probably a question long overdue, but I've always done my dailies sort of mindlessly since it's just my routine. 

What is the shop of offers though? I mean I click on the link from the dailies page & I get the "rich slorg gives you NP" event, but is that it? 

Just wondering why neopets would make a page of random adds. Maybe I'm over thinking :guiltysmiley: 

I wondered that too.  Just like the petpet park used to be an actual place.  You just never know with TNT.

Did this page never actually come to fruition then? I'd always assumed it was something that used to have ads but no longer does. Or I just can't see any because of my ad blocker.

it USED to be functional , yes ... 

According to the old TNT : it's a place to put all our cool offers on one page (so it doesn't get messy!), so here they are! Remember by clicking on things and signing up you help keep Neopets free.

So basically it's a place for paid ads , but this was way before the Ad boxes and the Ad banners and Premium and the NC Mall ... now it's just empty , save for those Slorgies (I click them daily too , it's fun)

Yeah that makes sense, dates from back before advertising reached the aggressive heights that it's achieved today!

Yes, Angelo is correct. There used to be ads on that page. Also had slorgs floating down the page too. I just assumed that I no longer see them because of my ad blocker lol. There also used to be ads before you could load flash games and there was even a whole game dependent on you watching ads to get NP. 

13 minutes ago, acmerasta said:

there was even a whole game dependent on you watching ads to get NP. 

omg yes .. you spin a wheel 5 times and you get random NP's btwn 100-800 .. it was very tedious because of video loading times .. and the NP were awarded like 8 hrs later haha

also there used to be a free Sponsor wheel ... with cartoon characters on it (it was called wheel of slime or smthg like that)  

Yes, the Nickelodeon character wheel, from when Viacom owned the Neopets company.

The Shop of offers is carry over from before there were ads on every page of Neopets and before money was being made from Premium and the NC Mall. As stated, there are also games that were essentially interactive commercials. Basically, the shop of offers is just a page where people can see the paid advertisers for Neopets and sign up for offers from those advertisers. The slorg is a way to draw people to the page because regardless of whether a person checks out the offers, they can get the np. Now with all the other means of making money for the site, the page is pretty much irrelevant, however it is obviously accessible, so people still get the np from the slorg. It used to be you actually had to click on the slorg (it would be moving around the page) to get the np and now it is automatically credited.

Ohh alrightie. I vaguely remember some of the stuff you guys mentioned. I played neopets for a few years when I was 11, but that was 10 years ago haha. 

There seem to be a lot of 'leftover' stuff from things no longer working it seems. :/