Secret Laboratory Map - worth it?

VanillaVanity

There are a few avatars that are only obtainable through the Secret Lab. If you do collect avatars, then yes, you do want to fork over the money. If you are not interested, at this time, in collecting avatars, then you might want to hold off and save your money for something else that you might really want.

The Lab Ray is also the only way to make a robot pet. There are no potions or paintbrushes, and you can't use a FFQ to make a robot pet.

• 2 weeks later...

As with everything, it depends on what you want.  Very long term, it will increase the stats of a pet, though because it's uneven, it's pretty difficult to go back to regular training afterward.  You shouldn't use it on a pet whose color/species you are attached to, as it can change at any time, and if you plan to use it long enough to get battle stat improvement, then it will change often.  I got lucky, one time when I decided I was going to paint my pet when I could afford the pb, I decided to zap in the meantime (then use potion to get species back when it was time), and immediately got the color I wanted.  Mostly I use it to take pets from the pound, try to zap them to a more "desireable" color, and put them back in the pound to hopefully find a better home.  You can get some very cool color/species combos, if you are lucky enough.  It can be interesting to see what you'll get.  Nobody else can tell you if something is worth it to you.  When someone asks me if they should buy/sell something, the thing I like to ask is, "what would you do with the np, if not this?  Would that make you happier than this would?"