Post-AC doldrums got you? (ᵕ≀ ̠ᵕ )..zzz Revive yourself here TDNers! c[_]

I fear we're retreating into lurk mode now the AC is over :ph34r: So I'm going to ramble on in here and hope someone replies to me, lol. *puppy eyes*

I've just started playing NQII, when I played this over a decade ago I gave up in Faerieland, I wonder why I did that? Why get so far then quit? If I could go back and ask myself why I wonder if I'd get annoyed at the response. xD

I'm 5NP away from hitting 10k daily interest, so I intend to earn enough today to make that happen tomorrow, shouldn't be too hard. :D Unless I get my act together and spend the money on Food Club instead, we shall see!

I experienced something in the BD that I want to ask you guys about...want to know if this is normal or if I unintentionally managed to "trick" the system. :bigeyed:  I had the BD open in one tab whilst doing other Neo things in others, I was sat on the "collect rewards" page. My pet only had half their HP and I was using lens flare each time so he didn't lose any more. Meanwhile, something elsewhere removed ALL my pet's HP, I want to say it was that scary red beastie from the WoM but that takes it down to 1 doesn't it, so I'm confused! (EDIT: I've remembered, it was Snowie blasting me) This most definitely took it down to zero and I was intrigued to see what would happen as I was in battle...

So I clicked on "collect rewards", pet's HP went from half full to zero when the page refreshed, but I wasn't kicked out of the BD, I got to start another fight and used my healing item to get some HP back...surely this shouldn't have happened? It's all a bit bizarre. o_O

I see on JN's homepage that Jumpstart's been bought by a Chinese company...hope that means only good things for Neopets! Fingers (and toes) crossed about that!

Hmmmmm... you've given me an idea. I started playing NQ I sometime ago and never finished it... I sort of didn't feel the whole 8-bit Zelda's Quest/ Nintendo styled RPG at the time. (Even though I LOVE RPGs). I think I'll start back playing it and aim to complete it this time.

We've been sold AGAIN?! *goes to investigate*

Erm... Jumpstart "created" Neopets? Methinks NetDragon either needs to do some more research or something got lost in translation... :blink:

I enjoyed NQ, I used this guide and it helped me a lot. Shame the same person didn't make one for NQII too, lol, I need to find another guide that helps with what skills to build.

Yeah I rolled my eyes at that bit saying JS created Neo, lol.

WELL! I'm very glad I DID manage to get the FC bets done! Thank you very much Garet and his guide!

Collect Winnings
Round Bet Info Amount Odds Winnings
6634 Lagoon: Gooblah the Grarrl
Treasure Island: Scurvy Dan the Blade
Hidden Cove: Federismo Corvallio
1962 NP 8:1 15696 NP
6634 Shipwreck: Puffo the Waister
Lagoon: Gooblah the Grarrl
Treasure Island: Scurvy Dan the Blade
1962 NP 88:1 172656 NP
6634 Lagoon: Gooblah the Grarrl
1962 NP 4:1 7848 NP
Total Winnings 196200 NP

I'm really bad about not doing much on NP when there's nothing going on to hold my interest (advent, faerie quest thing which i ended up missing most of this year anyway, AC). I was doing sooo well on visiting every day and doing all my dailies including Trudy and then like the day after the AC ended I waited too long (my schedule is weird so sometimes I'm up past midnight NST even though that's really late/early in my timezone) to do my dailies and missed a day of Trudy's Surprise. That was really disheartening lol 

I see on JN's homepage that Jumpstart's been bought by a Chinese company

I was going to ask where you saw this until I paid closer attention and realized you said the JN frontpage and not the Neopets front page/new features. haha

Midnight NST is 8 AM for me, so not a particularly convenient time for anything, LOL!

Trudy seems to like to burn people occasionally doesn't she! Who actually IS she? Just some random name, or is she an established Neo character? Anyone know?

10 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Who actually IS she? Just some random name, or is she an established Neo character? Anyone know?

TNT posted this on the first day of Trudy's Surprise release 

A strange feeling nagged Trudy, a curious Ixi, for days. A forewarning of doom perhaps, she thought. Soon after, on one of her long, solitary walks that spanned the length and breadth of Neopia, something strange happened. She heard an unusual rustle in the bushes. Curious, she took a peek. Hidden among the bushes was a slot machine! ‘Ka-ching, ka-ching,’ it seemed to whisper. Trudy hesitated only for a moment before she succumbed to its call. She pressed the button on the machine, unsure of what she may unleash. To her amazement, she was awarded Neopoints. Trudy fell to the ground and cried with joy. She could finally afford a fancy frock for the ball.

From then on, Trudy took more walks, hoping luck would smile upon her again. And it did. She discovered she could play the machine once every day to win prizes. With each consecutive day, the number of Neopoints awarded increased. Occasionally, the machine was extra generous and gave her a Gift Box. On the 25th day of playing, she won a phenomenal number of Neopoints!

After 25 days, things changed, leaving Trudy puzzled. This FAQ, helped her make sense of everything, though

Ah right, so she was a new character created for the machine, fair enough. Kind of rubbish story, isn't it? The kind of thing a 7 year old would dream up and think was GREAT.

I wonder, did she find the FAQ also lurking in a bush? :laughingsmiley: