Happy Tuskaninny Day!

hrtbrk

Biscuit looks good, a quite natural look for a seal, I think.

Eventide's a bit lacklustre, though I can't put my finger on why.

The outfit and hair's cute!

The Biscuit seems plain, to me. I just feels like it is missing something. Not all, but several species have "chocolate" accents. And that is what I think is missing - the "chocolate chips". To be fair, as a Gelert "lover", I do not like the Biscuit Gelert, either. IMO, the Biscuit color on the Tuskaninny (and Gelert) should be called "Sand Sculpture", as they looks more like sand sculptures. However, again, being fair, I think the Biscuit color is supposed to be like English biscuits, and from what I recall, they don't usually have chocolate chips, like American cookies. So, just not a color for me.

I like Eventide and I think it looks good on a Tuskaninny. Maybe they could have used less yellow on the bottom, and gradually adding more orange, red, and purple?

Still undecided about the outfit. Putting a "mermaid dress" on a "mermaid" shaped pet, just seems strange. But, I guess it is hard to make items for "tailed" pets.

Cookie looks okay as a colour, but it does not really have cookie features. As @Scoobert_Doo said, it looks more like a sand sculpture, which isn't bad, but just not cookie. But then again the colour is called biscuit and biscuits do not have chocolate flakes like cookies. I guess I'll always feel conflicted about this colour.

What I don't like about eventide is the "shine" on the right side of the pet. None of the other pets have this. It's really unnatural, because sunsets do not have such weird white reflections. It makes it look like candy or rainbow coloured jelly . Also, there is this strange darkened shade on the belly which I do not understand. It cannot be a shadow, because the light comes from the right, as indicated by the shine on the right side. I don't know, the lighting and shadowing is off on this pet.

I like the idea of a mermaid pet, but they should have used the already mermaid shaped tail of the tuskaninny. Mermaids do not have a seaweedy, droopy fin? Also, I get the idea of pearls, which are made by shells underwater, but they seem kind of chique for a mermaid? They would have fitted a chique dress (like the Tiffany moehong with her 'flute') better. I think more sealike accessories, like seaweed, shells, coral, would have fitted the theme better. The wig however is nice and I think it will fit a lot of colours and customizations.

@Josi and @Scoobert_Doo make me realise I should have elaborated on my comment about the Tuskaninny colour. As a biscuit colour it most definitely IS bland, I was looking at it purely from the perspective of a shade that would look good if someone wanted a more natural-looking seal pet. But of course the only reason it would work well for that IS the lack of detailing and chocolate chips.

11 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

IMO, the Biscuit color on the Tuskaninny (and Gelert) should be called "Sand Sculpture", as they looks more like sand sculptures.

I thought exactly the same thing! I don't like the biscuit color at all, but especially with this one that literally just looks like sand.

For the eventide, the bottom area is so plain without any stars or clouds or anything in it. It just looks very flat /:

To me it looks like TNT spent all their effort on Ixi Day and had no creativity left for Tuskaninnys /: