Unreleased Caption Contest #1400

hrtbrk

woooo :D 

does this mean the CC is coming back ?

i will need to hone all my skills back so i can get in again !!!

seems like forever and i forgot how to caption iamges :D 

Wow! This is exciting! I thought the Caption Contest was gone forever! Well, I went ahead and entered a caption:

EDIT: 21 July 2017 - I removed the caption I submitted. Although it appears it hasn't been accepted, today's Neopian Times Editorial, Issue 790, 21 day of Swimming, Y19, Scrappy mentioned the "new rules":

"CAPTION CONTEST ANNOUCEMENT:
Alright guys, a lots going on here so here's the deal. The one was kinda thrown off since we published it later in the month and we still wanted everyone to vote. SO, Sunday will be last day for submissions! Cut off will be Noon PST. Then the voting will remain open for the rest of July and winners will be announced.

Now, from now on that is not how things will be going. From August forward, we will release a new image on the 1st of every month. Submissions will be allowed the first week (7 days) in every month. Then the captions will be released and voting will be open for the last three weeks of each month! I know I know this is an avatar round but I'm also going to make an Avatar round every 10 contests so it will be about once a year! (Also I might add a special one in whenever I'm feeling generous)

Also, so all of you Neopians can take a breather...I'm making August an Avatar round as well so those that felt cheated in this round have a fair chance of winning...don't waste it :)

Also, Caption Contest will be monthly instead of weekly! Now, as for the rules - they are remaining the same as previous Caption Contest's, for the most part. This means the only advertising that will be allowed from this moment forward is through your Neoboard Signature. (Yes on any board, not just the charter board) However, NO BOARDS DEDICATED TO ADVERTISING YOUR CAPTION ARE ALLOWED. The monitors have been informed of this rule, so please keep the advertising strictly to your signature!

Okay friends, I thinks that all I have on that. Love you all, remember to breath. All will be okay :)"

As TDN is a Neopets approved site, and "the only advertising that will be allowed from this moment forward is through your Neoboard signature", I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to bend/break the rules, so I removed it. If your entry made it, good luck!

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

seems like forever and i forgot how to caption iamges

And how to spell images -eh, Angelo? :heart: Funny thing is that I didn't pick up on it until my 3rd read through. Dyslexia is such a curse! Just teasing you,Angelo!

AND go no, everyone, put in a caption, it's a 100-numbered round so just TRY!!! :happydance::lmaosmiley::rock: 

And there is my dyslexic  slip, "no for on"-o_O:whistle::ph34r:

Edited by midnight_spell360
Had to point out my own mistake!And fix WHO I was quoting!

3 hours ago, nousha said:

But what happened with the previous round? I don't see the results :( It was a long time ago but I still...

I don't think it ever happened. I believe the image was placed on the "New Features" page, but the contest never went - no way to enter a caption and no way to vote. If you look at the Caption Contest Past Winners, there isn't a picture there, for #1396, and no entries, and no list of winners. If I remember correctly, it happened during the "Great Lag of 2015", where several contests didn't happen, as they were trying to fix the lag problem.

6 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I don't think it ever happened. I believe the image was placed on the "New Features" page, but the contest never went - no way to enter a caption and no way to vote. If you look at the Caption Contest Past Winners, there isn't a picture there, for #1396, and no entries, and no list of winners. If I remember correctly, it happened during the "Great Lag of 2015", where several contests didn't happen, as they were trying to fix the lag problem.

That's a pity. Last round was the first I entered a caption, I'd have loved to see how it went. Oh, well...

I don't see your entry though, when it appears, I'll vote for it. Are we allowed to advertise our entries on the forum here - I'm asking in case I think of something worthy?

This is so exciting, isn't it?! I really want to enter because the image makes me laugh, but I'm not having any inspiration at the moment. D:<

Just put a few in, one will probably "pan out"! :snitch: You won't know unless you try...:nod_yes: I wrote in that the Elephante was getting revenge for all the item stealing the Kiko Lake Altador Cup Team did to "fund" their team! :wink:

ok seriously who's judging the CC ?!!!! a bunch of monkeys ?!! or maybe 10- year olds !!!

2 people have 2 captions ...

and the captions really suck !!!!!

Blonde Elephante: Look Ma! Eyes closed!
Orange Kiko: Look! Look!

?!!!!!!!!!!??!!!?!!!!

Blonde Elephante: I believe I can fly . . . 
Kiko: I hope you can fly! 
Bruce: I don't think he can fly 

REALLYYYY ???????!!

Elephante: Geroni-
Kiko: Noooo!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elephante: I can fly!
Kiko: NO YOU CAN'T!!!

what is this !!?????????????? where are all the witty - funny - punny captions ?!!!?

also the old CC used to accept captions until Friday and then the results would b announced on Tuesday ... why were the votes open on Wednesday night  >>

How did I miss this topic? I was waiting for this and didn't realise it's been posted since before the CC was up. *facepalm*

@Angeló A lot of things are being said on the boards, and I'm not completely sure about them, but it looks like there may have been a glitch that resulted in the captions being posted earlier than they were supposed to. As for the quality of the captions, it's being guessed that they may not have gone through all (or even most) captions they received and started approving the first ones they sort of liked. That would also explain why 4 people have had 2 of their captions approved - people generally submit one caption right after the other, so if they were the first ones to enter, all of their captions would be somewhere at the top of the list.

then my monkey theory is confirmed 

these new TNT have no idea what they're doing

i just messaged Scrappy a strongly - worded note about it 

i mean i submitted 5 captions and they were much wittier than those posted !! (not gloating but im a veteran CC'er) 

On 7/20/2017 at 5:49 AM, Angeló said:

then my monkey theory is confirmed 

these new TNT have no idea what they're doing

i just messaged Scrappy a strongly - worded note about it 

i mean i submitted 5 captions and they were much wittier than those posted !! (not gloating but im a veteran CC'er) 

Scrappy heard you (and everyone else). Take a look at today's Neopian Times Editorial, Issue 790, 21 day of Swimming, Y19. She opens the Editorial with a Caption Contest Announcement. Link is located here: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=790

Hope your caption makes it, and good luck!

i was just coming here to post that :) 

thanks Scrappy ..

i'll be posting some more captions ... 

and YAY for making August another avatar round

but i feel that 3 weeks is a LOT of time to vote ... most people will be bored with voting every 4 hours by the second or third day max ....

Wait, I'm confused...

SO, Sunday will be last day for submissions! Cut off will be Noon PST. Then the voting will remain open for the rest of July and winners will be announced.

Does she mean we can still send in captions for the CURRENT round? That doesn't make a lot of sense... I'm gonna try anyway, just in case.

I'm glad to hear that August is also going to be an avatar round! I figured they'd do something like that to make up for the mistake. 

1 hour ago, Angeló said:

they will either add new captions or reset the current ones but there are people already with 250+ votes 

That's... bizarre.

Either option seems like such a bad idea. Resetting the current ones is unfair to those who are currently in the contest (sure, the contest wasn't properly judged and was posted at the wrong time, but it's not these users' fault) and adding new captions is pointless because the new ones could never beat the ones that already have hundreds of votes.

On 7/22/2017 at 1:44 PM, jellysundae said:

This is all making my potential understanding of this contest even less likely! facepalm.gif

well they wiped out all the previous entries 

its a clean slate 

3 hours ago, Angeló said:

well they wiped out all the previous entries 

its a clean slate 

That's very good, I'd have been pretty disgusted if they'd not done that.

Just remember that if you enter you can no longer advertise your entry here as it is now frowned upon by TNT as stated in the Editorial that Scoobert_Doo posted a few posts up.

4 hours ago, Angeló said:

you can advertise via your siggy on ALL boards 

but u cant make a Vote For Me topic

Whoops I forgot to put in "here" in my post. In other words voting on the forums will be frowned upon now. :sad: