Any stay at home mom neopians out there?

I am a stay at home mommy too. I've got a 3 year old, 1 year old, and my third will be here in about three weeks. My husband works his butt off because he doesn't want me to work. I think that it is because he knows that he will have to take care of all of the tiny guys by himself if I'm the one working, and he has no idea how to cook or clean anything :) He is terrified of me working and considered it a bonifide threat.

I'm also a stay at home Mom. My oldest will be 6 next month and starting grade 1, my middle is 3 and my youngest is 3 months old. If I could work instead of my husband I would, but I wouldn't be able to bring in the kind of money he does. Plus he doesn't have the goods to feed our 3 month old. :laugh:

I am planning on going back to work after the newest addition reaches about 6 months, but only as an escape. I don't need the money, so I was planning on only doing two or three days a weeks with shifts no longer than 4 hours. Maybe just working the lunch rushes at some food joint. Not fast food, been there and done that, it's WAY to gross. They wouldn't let me clean the food prep area until after close since "it would just get dirty again." I quit after three days of that nastyness. I was thinking an actual restaurant, like Black-Eyed Pea or the Texas Steakhouse, those joints have standards.

As long as it isn't too long I think that my husband can handle it... Well, I guess that we'll find out!

I'm sure your husband will survive! :D

A few hours a week will be nice for you to get out on your own. As long as the kids are fed and clean that's all that matters! Whatever mess he makes while caring for them I guess he'll have to help clean it all up.

6 hours ago, babayaga67 said:

I am planning on going back to work after the newest addition reaches about 6 months, but only as an escape. I don't need the money, so I was planning on only doing two or three days a weeks with shifts no longer than 4 hours. Maybe just working the lunch rushes at some food joint. Not fast food, been there and done that, it's WAY to gross. They wouldn't let me clean the food prep area until after close since "it would just get dirty again." I quit after three days of that nastyness. I was thinking an actual restaurant, like Black-Eyed Pea or the Texas Steakhouse, those joints have standards.

As long as it isn't too long I think that my husband can handle it... Well, I guess that we'll find out!

I'd be careful with Texas Roadhouse, all those peanut shells on the ground DRIVE ME NUTS! lol Good luck with finding a good place! I would maybe try to find come local Ma and Pa restaurants, they seem to treat their employees well and have very high standards

I am a bit of a clean freak, and my husband has no idea how to pick up after himself (His office drives me nuts! I put shoes on just to walk in), so @Mouseykins I doubt he will be picking up just because I went to work. My 3 year old does a better job of picking up his toys than my husband does with his dishes.

I haven't thought about the nut shells, but now that you mention it @Musical_Shoyru, there is no way that I could work there. I was a hostess at Black-Eyed Pea, and they actually keep asking me to come back. One of the managers told me that he would fire someone just to give me a position if he had to because I was the best that he had. I have almost 10 years of managerial experience, so I know what is expected. I am also one of those people that believes that you have to actually EARN your pay, I am by no means entitled to any money just because I am standing there in my uniform. As a manager I sent home people on a regular basis because they didn't actually work. I didn't have to hire someone, and I certainly am not going to pay someone to spend thirty minutes cleaning up one bathroom when I can do a better job in less than 5.

Sorry for the rant.