Wheel of Monotony

babayaga67

I know that neopets will freeze your account for cheating if you have more than one game running at the same time (using multiple tabs to play everything at once), but what about that wheel of monotony? I have put off trying for that avatar because I don't want to get frozen. I like to play other games, but I am nervous about being booted and having to start all over with my account just because I don't want to stare at that wheel for eight hours.

From the editorial, issue 363:

Hi! :waves: Is it okay to have the Wheel of Monotony spinning in one browser tab while earning Neopoints from other games in another browser tab (if they are in the same account)? ~analliecat
*waves* Yes, you're welcome to use multiple browser tabs or browsers, or even be on different accounts with different browsers while you enjoy the site, as long as you aren't up to any monkey business! Remember "monkey business" includes earning Neopoints on accounts other than your main, which isn't allowed.

-------

I have multiple tabs open all the time and I've never gotten in trouble. I always have Wheel of Monotony running in its own tab while I go about my business in other tabs. The only wheel problem I had is when I put all my money in the bank and when I went to check the wheel later it told me I didn't have enough money to spin, even though I had already started it spinning a while ago.

I think the Wheel of Monotony probably doesn't count as a regular game, considering it takes forever (and more often than not, doesn't get you anything). As per this editorial, you can do other things at the same time using different tabs, but it's not allowed to play any two games at the same time, whether the Cup is going on or not. (I think this is the Editorial about playing mulitple AC games in different tabs that you're referring to. I'm pretty sure it was only made clear that this is against the rules this year. If people were frozen for this during last year's cup, then it wasn't explicitly mentioned that this was the reason for the freezings. It came as a surprised to a great many people to learn this was against the rules.)

I know there used to be a link on one of the help sites where you could open the wheel of monotony in such a way that it would tell you how long it was going to take to spin, and what it was going to give you (so you could see if it was worth staying on the page).  Does anyone know if that still exists/works?

I don't believe it works anymore. Here is a link to an old TDN topic, about it, here: https://www.tdnforums.com/topic/32626-cheat-for-wheel-of-monotony/. It seems that "old method" used to work, but when the Wheels were redone in 2011 (?), it no longer does.

It, generally, takes 2 hours for the Wheel of Monotony to finish spinning, for me. I don't know if account age has anything to do with it, but for some people, it seems to take longer.

I'll share something that I've discovered with this wheel...you get the prize WAY before the wheel actually stops spinning.

One day I went to my inventory and there's this Bri codestone sat in there, looking at me! So I sat looking back at it, like this...o_O lol

Where did it come from?!

I assumed it was an RE that I'd missed, then...over an hour later, the WoM stopped and oh look, I won a Bri codestone!

I'm prepared for it now, like yesterday I was in the BD and my HP went from full to 1 for no reason, so I knew the wheel was going to end up on the red pterodactyl. :axehead:

Hi, Im rather new to neopets, I have been playing since December. In the last month I have played this wheel almost every day except twice when I could not get on.. I managed to get the avatar twice this month.. Once earlier in the month and once just about three or four days ago.. Its wonderful to get it, kind of a boohoo when you get it a second time.. still better than losing my pets health however :D:D (I am also new to this forum I just signed up tonight to respond to this message, I do read this forum all the time however.) Best Regards - DraikFan!

On 7/22/2017 at 1:11 AM, Robin-chan said:

From the editorial, issue 363:
I start the wheel first thing at 12am in the morning and leave it running then open a new window with the same browser and play. It usually works unless my internet hickups and then i have to start it all over agian.. if ever in doubt that the wheel is just hanging there I go and try to spin it on a new page.. if it cannot be spun saying that you have to wait until tomorrow to play then you already got your gift i know that much.. if you can spin again the same day something happened and you have to respin..

I have a question about my partner and I playing from our work home office and our home office.. I was wondering if someone could direct me to the proper place to find this info out. ?

Regards

DraikFan
Hi! :waves: Is it okay to have the Wheel of Monotony spinning in one browser tab while earning Neopoints from other games in another browser tab (if they are in the same account)? ~analliecat
*waves* Yes, you're welcome to use multiple browser tabs or browsers, or even be on different accounts with different browsers while you enjoy the site, as long as you aren't up to any monkey business! Remember "monkey business" includes earning Neopoints on accounts other than your main, which isn't allowed.

-------

I have multiple tabs open all the time and I've never gotten in trouble. I always have Wheel of Monotony running in its own tab while I go about my business in other tabs. The only wheel problem I had is when I put all my money in the bank and when I went to check the wheel later it told me I didn't have enough money to spin, even though I had already started it spinning a while ago.